February 25, 2018, 07:31:13 AM

Author Topic: Driving Schools in Mockpo  (Read 235 times)

Offline Amerz100

• Adventurer
Driving Schools in Mockpo
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:34:00 PM »
Hi,

I will be looking for driving schools in Mokpo.

Are there any in Mokpo? Thanks

Amerz

Offline m.corless

• Veteran
Re: Driving Schools in Mockpo
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 10:33:13 PM »
Is there a reason you need to go to driving school? I didn't do it myself (just traded my Canadian license for a Korean one), but have heard that they are pretty ridiculous. Some of the rules are pretty random and unless you have a good grasp of the Korean language, you might have difficulty with the instructor.

Without knowing your nationality, there might be simpler ways to get your Korean license!

Offline Amerz100

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
Hi,

I'm from the UK and am still here waiting for the visa process to finish before booking my flight out there.

I dont have a UK license. I have provisional license, which means I can use it to take lessons or drive with a qualified driver with me.

I attended a driving school in Gyeonnggi do in 2015 just before I left. I did pass but because of inconsistencies they couldn't issue it to me and after which I had to return to London anyway.

Amerz
Amerz

Offline m.corless

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 10:31:02 PM »
I'm not sure about Mokpo but there is a licensing center in Naju, so they would most likely have a few or could point you in the right direction!

Offline Amerz100

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 01:22:14 AM »
Thanks!
Amerz

Offline Lazio

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 07:18:42 AM »
Daum map shows 3 driving schools in Mokpo. Search for 자동차 학원

Offline StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »
Is there a reason you need to go to driving school? I didn't do it myself (just traded my Canadian license for a Korean one), but have heard that they are pretty ridiculous. Some of the rules are pretty random and unless you have a good grasp of the Korean language, you might have difficulty with the instructor.

Without knowing your nationality, there might be simpler ways to get your Korean license!

If he doesn't go to a Korean driving school, he won't learn important Korean driving techniques like completely blocking intersections or driving slowly in the fast lane while talking on your phone.

Offline m.corless

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 10:38:56 PM »

If he doesn't go to a Korean driving school, he won't learn important Korean driving techniques like completely blocking intersections or driving slowly in the fast lane while talking on your phone.

Do they teach parking, too? Or is that just an innate Korean skill?  :undecided:

Offline Amerz100

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 12:45:11 AM »
Daum map shows 3 driving schools in Mokpo. Search for 자동차 학원

Thank you so much!

I also asked in the Mokpo South Korea group on FB. It turns out there's a school in the area where I'll be working.
Amerz

Offline Amerz100

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 12:52:46 AM »

Do they teach parking, too? Or is that just an innate Korean skill?  :undecided:

Don't get me started on parking in Korea. I lived in Gyeryong-si before in the Chungnam province. In the downtown area, there were cars parked along side parked cars on the main street. First and last time I saw that.

Also when pedestarians cross at the padestarian lights - you get taxi drivers and or buses turning right - while pedestarians cross. insane.

Amerz

Offline Amerz100

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 12:57:40 AM »
Surprisingly the stats on road rage are zero to none in Korea - unlike here in the UK or the US .. and there hardly are any road accidents.

I dont know what the statistics say today but that certainly was the case before.
Amerz