August 15, 2018, 02:59:08 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: If you couldnt teach English what would be your second favorite subject to teach  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Telephone33

• Adventurer
If you circumstances changed and you couldnt teach English what would be your second favorite subject to teach?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
Civics/Poli Sci. It was my major in uni and I can talk about it for hours.

It's good to teach kids something a little more niche than the other subjects. Get in deep and make some citizens out of them.

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan

Online denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
I would teach history or literature. Drama would be my third choice.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
Sex ed.

Offline some waygug-in

• Super Waygook
Music.  My major was music with a minor in English literature.
My circumstances have changed, and I no longer teach English.
I do have a couple of guitar students tho.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:52:37 PM by some waygug-in »

Offline hamid62

• Adventurer
Spanish.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
I would teach history or literature. Drama would be my third choice.

My school is making me do after 5pm drama classes this coming school year >.<
I know nothing, and don't want to know, anything about plays and how to do them >.<

ontopic: Computing. It was my major in university :P

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Sex ed.
:laugh:

I would love to teach a geography class. Any kind would be nice, but especially a physical science focused one like geomorphology or fluvial dynamics (one of my majors).

I'd also like to teach some kind of programming course, but I suppose I would have to learn how to do that first. :smiley:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
Hmm...Military History or Art History probably.

While I love PoliSci related things, the way people are these days means that such a class would be a minefield, even something like International Relations. The only thing I'd even touch is like an Intro to US Government class.

Other than that, I dunno kickball class would be pretty cool. 

Online Kolao

• Veteran
I've taught math, geography and grade 6 science and liked them all. Now I teach Travel & Tourism to grade 11 & 12 students and totally love it. I worked in the field for 16 years.
When the wicked are confounded, and consigned to flames of woe, call me.

Offline Sir-Mark

• Waygookin
Probably science. World history would be cool too, but it would be extraordinarily hard to teach to those who aren't fluent.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Shop class.  I'm not certified for that per say but I learned basic carpentry during my theatre years and did it as a part time job for a time.  I like the idea of teaching vocational skills. 

I'd also be happy teaching costume construction (which I did as part of my gig prior to Korea) and maybe even design. 

Or, theatre/art/writing.

Offline ESLinsider

• Adventurer
Shop class.  I'm not certified for that per say but I learned basic carpentry during my theatre years and did it as a part time job for a time.  I like the idea of teaching vocational skills. 

I'd also be happy teaching costume construction (which I did as part of my gig prior to Korea) and maybe even design. 

Or, theatre/art/writing.

Costume construction sounds interesting. I actually applied for a job like that in SF. Making stuff is fun. Mine would probably be art related.
ESLinsider.

Offline jayteacher1980

• Explorer
Science (physics, bio, or chem.)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Costume construction sounds interesting. I actually applied for a job like that in SF. Making stuff is fun. Mine would probably be art related.

It really is, especially if you get the chance to build historical pieces, which I've always found more interesting than modern wear. 

Might also be fun to teach music.  Though, I remember how screechy beginning violinists can be and that's the only instrument I could passably teach past basics.

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
Lesbian dance theory.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Science, forensics, and/or criminal justice/law.

I'd be fine with any of the above and actually hope to do so in the future.

Offline vanlianjoseph@gmail.com

• Waygookin
Worldviews

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
Research methodologies.