May 27, 2018, 01:26:25 PM

Author Topic: Howdy!  (Read 306 times)

Offline profporkchop

• Adventurer
Howdy!
« on: February 13, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »
Felix Galvan here.

Just got my BS, completed a tefl cert course, and working on the docs imma need for this adventure.

Can I post my cover letter to have someone give me an opinion on it? Would really appreciate someone who has been there and back give me the go-ahead, or tell me to work on it.

Attached is the coverletter. If this isn't cool, just say, and I'll pull it.

Online CliffK

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »
Posting your cover letter for review is fine, but I would really recommend removing your personal information like address and phone number, and replacing it with a generic placeholder like "123 Main Street."

As far as your cover letter goes, I saw that your e-mail has "professorporkchop" in it. I recommend creating a more professional e-mail address when applying for jobs.

Offline profporkchop

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:05:15 AM »
But no actual feedback?  ...other than the info stuff
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:06:59 AM by profporkchop »

Offline Arsalan

• Site Programmer
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 02:23:51 AM »
But no actual feedback?  ...other than the info stuff

Hi Felix, I would recommend removing the political commentary in the first paragraph.  Just write about your accomplishments, qualities, and what you bring to the table.
Carpe PM... ZzzzzZzzz ZzzzZzzz.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 06:14:03 AM »
Hi Felix

In paras 1 and moving into 2, you seem to be saying you wanted to teach English, so you decided to become a comedian. It doesn't follow on. I'd recommend you make a brief reference to comedy and concentrate more on what you learned from your TEFL course and the practicum. I wasn't clear about what the practicum was either, was it teaching literature or EFL? Also cut out the bit about having an unhappy childhood and change the 'placed in any place' line. I agree with the previous posters about the political stuff and email address.

Best of luck

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:18:51 AM by eggieguffer »