September 22, 2018, 12:55:54 PM

Author Topic: Scottish independent vote - Today!!!  (Read 7193 times)

Offline Gaikoku.org

• Expert Waygook
Re: Scottish independent vote - Today!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 12:02:20 PM »
So far it seems like No is in an acceptable lead. Doesn't feel as stressful as Quebec's .6% failure to break off from Canada back in the day.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
I'm actually amazed how close this is, the turnout is so good too! It's definitely one of the more interesting elections.

Offline nschenk512

• Super Waygook
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
Glasgow vote incoming, this will decide the result most likely.

Glasgow

Yes - 194,739
No - 169,347

Offline Rumbledy Hump

• Super Waygook
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »
Sky News called it for No.

Yes is still mathematically possible, but highly unlikely.
But how do I know what to lick and what not to lick?

Offline jwharrison30

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 12:07:01 PM »
Glasgow vote incoming, this will decide the result most likely.

Glasgow

Yes - 194,739
No - 169,347

I don't think it will be enough for yes to win.

Offline The 13th Earl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »
'I'm not Scottish'

Neither is the guy in the picture or is he English for that matter.

Tell me, what's your views on the West Lothian question vis a viz the barnet formula?
''

Tool..... Seeing as he was sacked/resigned by the English FA........ I didn't say he was English or Scottish.........

Anyway back on topic.......... This is a the most interesting and tight election I'd say I have ever seen............

You didn't answer my question. Where you busy watching Braveheart for a history lesson?  :huh:

Offline Monfab

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »
Just in case Scotland vote NO for independence, maybe this will cheer Big Al up
Veni, Vidi, Vici.......... but I got a little cold

Offline kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 12:40:29 PM »
I felt sick with nerves this morning, but I'm now just feeling deflated. I initially was a BT supporter, but over the weeks moved over to Yes... not that I could vote anyways. Really worried what Scotland's going to be like over the next few months, people aren't going to get over this easily. Looks like it'll be a No anyways.

Offline jwharrison30

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
I felt sick with nerves this morning, but I'm now just feeling deflated. I initially was a BT supporter, but over the weeks moved over to Yes... not that I could vote anyways. Really worried what Scotland's going to be like over the next few months, people aren't going to get over this easily. Looks like it'll be a No anyways.

I was hoping for Scottish independence.

Then England could claim Gascony and install Paul Gascoine as a puppet lord. 

Then we could have another 100 years war with the French nobility, with Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Germany etc all switching sides every 5 minutes.

Prince Charles could assassinate Angela Merkel and slowly lose his mind and declare a toad as his Chancellor.

Then everyone could sort out the huge mess with a massive fight in a boggy field somewhere just to return to the status quo.

But it looks like that won't happen now and I am kind of disappointed tbh.

Offline nschenk512

• Super Waygook
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »

It'll be tough, but I hope Scottish lawmakers hold Cameron to the promises he made in the event of the union staying together. More control over their own government, etc.

Offline Gaikoku.org

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »

Well if it goes anything like Quebec did they'll be real upset for a while and all separatist traction will gutter for about a decade until it builds up steam again just to be an annoying local political animal with no actual truck on a wider level.

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
Anyone watching the voting today???

First reports saying that the no campaign has taken the Falkirk region........

Bookies have it at a No Vote too....

Personally I'm a little sad...... As soon as the yes vote got ahead in the polls documents started getting leaked and rumors started spreading....... The media I felt really picked sides......... I'm not Scottish but this has been one interesting vote..........

Amazing to see how the world is watching Scotland................ I watched it on KBS news here yesterday while in a taxi........

You have absolutely no idea how much a 'Yes' vote could've f*cked up the whole of the UK, including Scotland, and you're a lil' sad because you wanted what? Something to entertain you?  A car crash?

Offline Chadwickhhs

• Expert Waygook
  • This is the fate of all who oppose me.
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
It seems like independence lost or is losing. I'm not paying a ton of attention.

The real question is which outcome do I celebrate with scotch?

Offline Darkeru

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »
It seems like independence lost or is losing. I'm not paying a ton of attention.

The real question is which outcome do I celebrate with scotch?

The good thing is that as either outcome is what the majority of Scottish people want, you can be justified to celebrate either result with Scotch.
[In Korea once more - Working in Pyeongtaek]

Offline Gaikoku.org

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 01:34:52 PM »
And the status quo claims victory this day. As long as Scotland gets some of what they were promised to butter them up at the end then it'll probably work out in their best interests for at least the short and mid-term.

Offline Morfee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »
Just in case Scotland vote NO for independence, maybe this will cheer Big Al up

Sweet mother of God. Do they still make Bucky? I saw some Mad Dog 20/20 before leaving the UK(pronounced 'twe'ty twe'ty by the lovely MD20/20 connoisseurs in my town). Thought that had been extinct 10 years...

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »
I've been following the referendum fairly closely the last day or two, not so much because it affects me directly (I'm not a citizen of the UK), but because of the possible events a successful secession might generate.

On one hand, my Canadian citizenship makes me hope the plebiscite (thesaurus, b***s!) returns a NO decision, because otherwise we'll have to put up with crappy Bloc Quebecios Seperatiste rhetoric for the next couple years.

On the other hand, my Benelux citizenship is kindo of hoping for a YES, as it will probably trigger a similar referendum in Flanders, which mean the Flemish part of Belgium may end up belonging to the motherland once again.

Here's a very brief article that outlines some of the global effects Scotland's secession might produce... it's much further reaching than I had originally assumes. Global community and all that, I guess.

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/17/world/scotland-five-other-separatist-movements/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Offline jayrenegade

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-29270441

the voted no apparently.

I have to say I am a little surprised. I'm not Scottish, but I think if I was I would have voted for independence.

YoungMin

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 02:02:12 PM »
Well the exchange rate has gone through the roof.  :cry: Cheers Scotland.  >:(

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=KRW&view=1W

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:05:53 PM by YoungMin »

Offline nschenk512

• Super Waygook
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »
Well the exchange rate has gone through the roof.  :cry: Cheers Scotland.  >:(

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=KRW&view=1W

IKR. I feel sorry for anyone going home to the UK soon, or anyone who sends money there on a regular basis.

Not that a crashing pound would be good, but all the speculating. Ugh.