January 17, 2018, 05:13:52 AM

Author Topic: Michael Brown- Another Trayvon?  (Read 76232 times)

Offline nimrand

• Super Waygook
Re: Michael Brown- Another Trayvon?
« Reply #560 on: September 21, 2014, 09:42:52 AM »
The first response officer was there 2-4 minutes after the shooting...not several.

http://xkcd.com/1070/

Offline GoCyclones

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #561 on: September 21, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »
And this video of the construction workers is part of the same, tired scam we've experienced with Trayvon, and others before him... fill the public with enough misinformation and hope they'll buy into the "something is wrong" narrative.

Only now, the cops have gotten smart as to how/when to release information, so as to squelch a lot of the internet bull****.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #562 on: September 21, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »
It sounds like Officer Wilson is no longer taking the Fifth.

"Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson testified here for almost four hours Tuesday in front of the St. Louis County grand jury investigating his shooting Aug. 9 of Michael Brown, a source with knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday.....

"Wilson must convince grand jurors that he acted in reasonable fear of death or serious injury, Pleban said, 'And hes pretty much the only one that can do that.'"
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-officer-appears-before-grand-jury-on-shooting-of-michael/article_74022ab8-756f-5e1d-81b3-3c577f1e9208.html

Offline nimrand

• Super Waygook
« Reply #563 on: September 21, 2014, 10:27:43 AM »
And this video of the construction workers is part of the same, tired scam we've experienced with Trayvon, and others before him... fill the public with enough misinformation and hope they'll buy into the "something is wrong" narrative.

Except, something IS very wrong.  We don't need an incident like Michael Brown to prove that.  It simply takes something like that to get people riled up enough about it to take action.  But, becoming overly invested in the result of this one case is foolish.  There's too many facts in dispute right now.  I'll say it again, regardless of how the facts of this particular case turn out, this is a microcosm of a much bigger issue.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #564 on: September 21, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »
That guy shouting in the video is clearly black.  He even sounds black.

The first response officer may have appeared on scene within 2 minutes, but they don't start taping off a scene immediately at 2 minutes.  The officers arriving would have taken time to speak to the other officer, assess the situation, and probably hear from people insisting on talking to them. 

And when you get to 5 minutes, you are indeed SEVERAL minutes after the shooting.  And for all we know, you have given no proof as to exactly how long after the shooting this was. I may have been 15 to 20 minutes, for all we know. The woman on the tape even says that, by then, three officers were on the scene.

I'm getting tired of the "some sources say" arguments.

See, we've got this video, clearly thrown out there simply to keep this story alive, and now we're hanging on "some sources say" arguments again.  There is nothing new or groundbreaking in this video.  Nothing at all.

This tape doesn't explain why, in another recording we've had for weeks, the black man DIRECTLY NEXT TO THE SHOOTING was recorded on tape accidentally by someone's cell phone telling others how he saw Brown turn around and rush the cop, then get shot. 

Translation:  This construction worker didn't see squat, and was merely repeating the mantra that others in the area fabricated.

Please elaborate on your expertise on "people sounding black". This should be interesting.

You're tired of "some sources" arguments, yet you're willing to believe non-existent "sources" such as Josie and the non-existent dozen witnesses that back Darren Wilson's side of events.

You're also willing to believe far-right and white supremacist sources that tried to assassinate Michael Brown's image by posting pictures from his instagram and also tried to drum up coverage on Brown's supposed juicy juvenile record, which turned out to be empty.

Please show proof of the black man that said Michael Brown charged or rushed at the officer. I can show you proof the man did not use the words charge or rush.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #565 on: September 21, 2014, 04:46:35 PM »
It sounds like Officer Wilson is no longer taking the Fifth.

"Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson testified here for almost four hours Tuesday in front of the St. Louis County grand jury investigating his shooting Aug. 9 of Michael Brown, a source with knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday.....

"Wilson must convince grand jurors that he acted in reasonable fear of death or serious injury, Pleban said, 'And hes pretty much the only one that can do that.'"
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-officer-appears-before-grand-jury-on-shooting-of-michael/article_74022ab8-756f-5e1d-81b3-3c577f1e9208.html

Thank Lord for that.

Let's see what he's spent the last month conjuring up.

Offline SeoulCaliber

• Veteran
« Reply #566 on: September 21, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
Bit odd that one dude will spam the hell out of this thread because he has an agenda, yet has no qualms about posting on a site that has a racist slur in the URL or having a username with a racist slur in it. I guess Asians are fair game and blacks are not, is that was is still trending? It's hard to tell what's the flavor of the month with you "liberal" types these days as your vehement anger always seems to get in the way of anything that you've been brainwashed to say.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #567 on: September 21, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »
Bit odd that one dude will spam the hell out of this thread because he has an agenda, yet has no qualms about posting on a site that has a racist slur in the URL or having a username with a racist slur in it. I guess Asians are fair game and blacks are not, is that was is still trending? It's hard to tell what's the flavor of the month with you "liberal" types these days as your vehement anger always seems to get in the way of anything that you've been brainwashed to say.

What is this racist slur you're referring to? Waygook...as in 외국인 or 외국 사람.

Enlighten us with this racial slur you're referring to Mr. Strawman.

Offline SeoulCaliber

• Veteran
« Reply #568 on: September 21, 2014, 05:20:59 PM »
Yeah, because no Romanization system ever uses 'guk' like, ever. But it's okay to have issues with words like 'niggardly' I suppose.

Offline William George

• Veteran
« Reply #569 on: September 21, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »
He even sounds black.

This thread reminds me of all of my many amazing experiences here in Korea meeting obvious-to-everyone-but-themselves racists. It's amazing because you'd think a distinctly not-white culture like this wouldn't be on their list of places to live, yet here they are.

They also seemed to be the same crowd that spent their weekends up on Hooker Hill and vacations down in S.E. Asia. Must be a coincidence since I can't see why anyone with charming personalities like theirs would be wanting for company or attracted to the idea of child prostitution.

Offline SeoulCaliber

• Veteran
« Reply #570 on: September 21, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
So in your world of stereotypes, a man who visits S-E Asia is into child prostitution? You're not the smartest guy in the 'Gu now are you? And it's also not very smart to throw the word 'racist' around like it means anything these days when you don't see eye-to-eye with someone. I bet you spent a lot of money at your liberal arts university to get educated in how to be a pompous 'liberal'. I see that's done wonders for your present career.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #571 on: September 21, 2014, 08:14:20 PM »
Yeah, because no Romanization system ever uses 'guk' like, ever. But it's okay to have issues with words like 'niggardly' I suppose.

Show me where I or anybody on this forum has a problem with the word niggardly.

Ever heard of the word HANGOOK (한국)?Kookmin (국민)?

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Main/default.aspx

english.kookmin.ac.kr/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KB_Kookmin_Bank

Thought so  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:22:34 PM by waygo0k »

Offline SeoulCaliber

• Veteran
« Reply #572 on: September 21, 2014, 08:21:56 PM »
Yeah, because no one who has been in Korea for a month writes it Hanguk instead. Anyway, how about walking through a Korea Town in the States wearing a shirt that says HanGook on it then? Let's see what the reaction is.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #573 on: September 21, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »
Yeah, because no one who has been in Korea for a month writes it Hanguk instead. Anyway, how about walking through a Korea Town in the States wearing a shirt that says HanGook on it then? Let's see what the reaction is.

SHOW ME WHERE I OR ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE WORD NIGGARDLY....that was your original excuse wasn't it?

"But it's okay to have issues with words like 'niggardly' I suppose."

Posted by: SeoulCaliber Today at 08:20:59 PM

Offline SeoulCaliber

• Veteran
« Reply #574 on: September 21, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »
Oh wow, nice STRAWMAN! (See what I did there? Probably not, you appear to have blinded yourself.)

First post:

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=24440.20

So, wayGOOK, what other Korean words do you botch up when you Romanize the language? I assume your Korean is good, after all, living in a country and not learning the language is a sign of superiority and in this case, racism.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #575 on: September 21, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »
Is this the quote you're referring to -

often times is doesn't matter what your intention or meaning is, it only matters what people think..... kinda like using the word niggardly.

Here's another post on the same page - The offensive "N" word and "Niggardly" are similar phonetically, but their etymological origins are not related at all (niggardly means being cheap). But this doesn't stop most people from thinking that the person using it is being racist, or vulgar. So the word isn't used anymore... And you getting irked by its usage: "was that really necessary?" is a perfect example.

So basically mryogurt892 brought the same strawman argument as you and was shot down.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #576 on: September 21, 2014, 09:09:49 PM »
The only people that will have a problem with the word niggardly are those that don't know what it means....same as those that will have a problem with the word waygook.

Offline SeoulCaliber

• Veteran
« Reply #577 on: September 21, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
The only people that will have a problem with the word niggardly are those that don't know what it means....same as those that will have a problem with the word waygook.

That's odd, because a Korean-Canadian female seems to disagree with you.

http://elledy.tumblr.com/post/22312337321/dear-ignorant-white-folks-in-korea

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #578 on: September 21, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »
Why are you teaching English in Korea when you lack basic reading comprehension?

Why are you telling Koreans that they shouldn’t be offended by racist slurs?

Why are you even stepping into a conversation that doesn’t even concern you?

Please direct your mangy selves where you are actually wanted (and take all the gross privilege with you), because you don’t even have the courtesy to try and understand.

It’s one thing if a Korean word accidentally sounds like an English slur (but in this case, YOU white people created said slur based on our words), but another thing to reinforce its ugly context by having it romanized exactly as a slur. All those letters in the English alphabet and you can’t figure out how to make alternate spellings?

Tons of folks here have Korean words romanized in all sorts of ways and it doesn’t affect their lives. There are surnames would’ve had a slightly negative connotation if written with “g” so they were changed to “k.” But you get your underoos in a bunch because you wanna write “gook” that badly. Clearly you people are ****** touched in the head.

If I ever take that trip back and find a bunch of drooling Korean kids with their brains leaking from their ears and racism dribbling out of their mouths, at least I know who to blame. Bunch of quack-ass excuses for educators.

And yes, I’m still hating on these basic nobodies.

Notice how the word waygook doesn't show up once in her post? Yeah, I did too  :afro:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/28/320962/restaurant/St-Louis/Hangook-Kwan-Creve-Coeur
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:26:34 PM by waygo0k »

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #579 on: September 21, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »
and in other news, how to shoot an unarmed civilian and get away with it...from St Loius police: