September 22, 2018, 03:53:22 AM

Author Topic: Michael Brown- Another Trayvon?  (Read 99058 times)

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
Re: Michael Brown- Another Trayvon?
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
1.  So, you're saying that he didn't receive a broken eye socket from Brown?  I'd like to get your response on record, so when it comes out in the trial, we can laugh at you.

2.  Interesting that you're saying it would be difficult for an officer to fire at a moving target
with a broken face.  I thought the argument from many Brown supporters was that the officer should have been able to shoot out his knee, or been more accurate. 

Is this tune changing, now that more facts are out?

My question to that is where is the proof? If the officer was injured why hasn't there been any photographic evidence provided that would the major justification for the officers actions. And whether or not he was injured, what real justification is there for the officer to keep firing if he was surrendering. In an autopsy report that has been released, there fatal shot was at the top of Brown's head. It was noted that Brown would have had to be leaning forward.

You're asking these guys too many questions that require common sense to answer.  :laugh:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2014, 09:19:31 AM »
1.  So, you're saying that he didn't receive a broken eye socket from Brown?  I'd like to get your response on record, so when it comes out in the trial, we can laugh at you.

2.  Interesting that you're saying it would be difficult for an officer to fire at a moving target
with a broken face. I thought the argument from many Brown supporters was that the officer should have been able to shoot out his knee, or been more accurate. 

Insofar as I know, every police force in the world is specifically trained NOT to do this. General procedure is that if the situation requires that one must fire a gun, one should always shoot for center mass, as anything else would mean a higher chance of missing, and would therefor expose the officer (and others) to harm.
http://www.pfoa.co.uk/110/shooting-to-wound

Offline cereal killer

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »

with a broken face. I thought the argument from many Brown supporters was that the officer should have been able to shoot out his knee, or been more accurate. 

Insofar as I know, every police force in the world is specifically trained NOT to do this. General procedure is that if the situation requires that one must fire a gun, one should always shoot for center mass, as anything else would mean a higher chance of missing, and would therefor expose the officer (and others) to harm.

Exactly. That is what these fools fail to understand. Police are not trained to "just shoot  him in the leg." They are trained to terminate the threat. But these are the same loons who would never be police officers and yet if they were being assaulted by a bunch of gangbangers out on the street, these same cops would be the ones they would be crying to on the phone. A bunch of hypocrites on this board.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »

Exactly. That is what these fools fail to understand. Police are not trained to "just shoot  him in the leg." They are trained to terminate the threat. But these are the same loons who would never be police officers and yet if they were being assaulted by a bunch of gangbangers out on the street, these same cops would be the ones they would be crying to on the phone. A bunch of hypocrites on this board.

Here's a good one for you CK!  :police:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=804356659578652

Offline samok09

• Waygookin
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »

I'm not questioning their training or the validity/necessity of police. Or their training when it comes to doing what is best for the community. You're right when you say that we expect the police to serve and protect.

But their is still a question of why he continued to shoot why he continued to shoot when the man had his hands in the air and was surrendering. That's where the line is truly crossed between 'terminating the threat' and committing murder.

And the police are there to protect and serve the community, to make sure they are doing what is best by the community. Which means that they are the role models for the community, that they should be the ones rising above the rest. In this case, and the continuing actions in Ferguson the actions and words that are coming from the police are not befitting of me in their station.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »
A good write-up on the latest "anonymous" source that Michael Brown broke Darren Wilson's eye socket"

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/43751_Jim_Hofts_Unsourced_Claim_That_Officer_Darren_Wilson_Had_an_Orbital_Blowout_Fracture_of_the_Eye_Socket

It’s possible that someone did leak this information to Hoft, but I’ll remind my readers that Jim Hoft is probably the single most dishonest right wing blogger on the Internet as well as the dumbest, with a very long history of distorting facts and completely making stuff up to push his far right, often overtly racist agenda.

Now who on this thread does that remind me of?  :afro:

In the video taken by an eyewitness immediately after the shooting, officer Darren Wilson is seen walking calmly around the body with no signs of discomfort or injury, even though by this time he would have been in very serious pain.

Also, no ambulance was called for Wilson, and no first aid was administered by other officers, which seems odd if he had indeed suffered this type of serious injury — or any injury at all.

:afro:

Offline Wil

• Veteran
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »
There is a hell of a lot of flaming and name-calling in this thread.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »

Offline nimrand

• Super Waygook
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »

Nope.

Police aren't military.  Lethal force should be a last resort, not a first response to eliminate any "threat."  Let's not forget the kid was unarmed.  He didn't have so much as a blunt object.  Macing the kid could have subdued him for God sake.  Hell, there are police forces that don't even carry guns under normal circumstances, South Korea and the UK to name two.  Now, maybe the officer was already badly injured, and, backed into a corner, had to respond with lethal force.  But, it just does't seem all that plausible to me under the circumstances.  For one thing, if the kid indeed assaulted the officer in the manner described (grabbing for the officer's gun while unarmed, charging the officer with the gun pointed at him), he must have had a death wish.  I mean, how could you NOT think that's going to get you killed?

One thing I'd like to know: if the convenience store didn't file a police report for a robbery, as is being claimed, how did it enter into the equation at all?  If the police were trying to manufacture evidence in order to assassinate Micheal's character, how did the police know he'd been to that store, let alone that there'd be camera evidence that they could construe as evidence of a robbery.  Something is fishy about the store claiming they never filed a police report about a robbery.  Although, the fact that this is about the ONLY information the PD has released about the case makes their attempt to manipulate the public about this story pretty obvious.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2014, 07:06:51 PM »
you're right that the store did not report the incident. It was a customer that called 911 to report an alleged robbery.

Dorian Johnson, Michael Brown's friend and the key witness, publicly disclosed he and Brown were on their way back from a store before Brown was killed.

Like someone said earlier, there is video evidence to suggest Michael Brown might have actually paid for the cigars, and did not commit a strong-arm robbery as accused...but for me, I'm still going to sit on the fence with that one. The only people that can clarify that are the staff and Brown's friend.

Offline madison79

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »
If the cop was beaten why is this getting released so late after this incident?  9 days late this is coming out? 
It's kind of funny the cops are getting all this time to get their story straight. 
If you didn't watch the John Oliver piece on this then you need to do that.  It highlights the problems with cops and this new military style they are using today. 
It's -ev to deal with some people.

Offline cereal killer

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »

Nope.

Police aren't military.  Lethal force should be a last resort, not a first response to eliminate any "threat."  Let's not forget the kid was unarmed.  He didn't have so much as a blunt object.  Macing the kid could have subdued him for God sake.  Hell, there are police forces that don't even carry guns under normal circumstances, South Korea and the UK to name two.  Now, maybe the officer was already badly injured, and, backed into a corner, had to respond with lethal force.  But, it just does't seem all that plausible to me under the circumstances.  For one thing, if the kid indeed assaulted the officer in the manner described (grabbing for the officer's gun while unarmed, charging the officer with the gun pointed at him), he must have had a death wish.  I mean, how could you NOT think that's going to get you killed?

One thing I'd like to know: if the convenience store didn't file a police report for a robbery, as is being claimed, how did it enter into the equation at all?  If the police were trying to manufacture evidence in order to assassinate Micheal's character, how did the police know he'd been to that store, let alone that there'd be camera evidence that they could construe as evidence of a robbery.  Something is fishy about the store claiming they never filed a police report about a robbery.  Although, the fact that this is about the ONLY information the PD has released about the case makes their attempt to manipulate the public about this story pretty obvious.

Uh..yeah. Considering that the cops in the US have to deal with the riff raff in places like Detroit and Oakland, they should be considered military. US cities are warzones, may as well have military hardware.

And you are wrong..if a suspect charges at a cop and assaults him, then the cops has a right to use lethal force. Period. You don't get it, do you? Thugs don't think. They react. They don't have a brainc cell in their heads. This POS got exactly what he deserved. He charged an officer and he got killed. And the bleeding hearts that say, "oh, why didn't the cop tase him.." Idiots. Imagine how you would react to a 300 pound guy running up to you meaning to assault(and possibly) kill you. I doubt your first reaction would be, "Gee, let me just take our my taser.." Yeah, I am sure you would react like that  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. The hypocrisy on here is startling. As I stated before, if you needed them, if your lives were in danger, you'd be dialing the police. Yeah..let's see how tough you are when you are being assaulted by a bunch of these thugs...

It doesn't matter if the convenience store filed a report :rolleyes: Sheesh..how much more evidence do you need? Look at the video. He ASSAULTED someone. Let me say it again...ASSAULTED. Guys who plan to live decent lives, don't assault people. I mean, this POS was 18 years old ffs. No doubt at all that he would either a) have gone to jail b) killed someone or c) gotten killed. Luckily, the latter happened. 

Oh, and comparing the US police to the Korean Keystone cops is ridiculously stupid. Korea doesn't have the racial strife, gangs, drugs and guns level of the US. Not even close. The Korean cops would be armed and doing the same shit if Korea was like the US. But they don't and that is another reason why they are incompetent. Instead, theirfocus is on all the "illegal teaching" that is going on..lol. Smarten up.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:39:41 PM by cereal killer »

Offline madison79

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2014, 08:46:43 PM »
http://youtu.be/tixwNU_2nwY

Cop points gun at person and then tells "he'll kill them." 

How many cops have died during the protest? 
It's -ev to deal with some people.

Offline nimrand

• Super Waygook
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2014, 04:33:16 AM »
And you are wrong..if a suspect charges at a cop and assaults him, then the cops has a right to use lethal force. Period. You don't get it, do you? Thugs don't think. They react. They don't have a brainc cell in their heads. This POS got exactly what he deserved. He charged an officer and he got killed. And the bleeding hearts that say, "oh, why didn't the cop tase him.." Idiots. Imagine how you would react to a 300 pound guy running up to you meaning to assault(and possibly) kill you. I doubt your first reaction would be, "Gee, let me just take our my taser.." Yeah, I am sure you would react like that  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. The hypocrisy on here is startling. As I stated before, if you needed them, if your lives were in danger, you'd be dialing the police. Yeah..let's see how tough you are when you are being assaulted by a bunch of these thugs...

You make a lot of assumptions about what I would do and my supposed hypocrisy.  You just assume that everyone is like you and would react like you, and that this compassion or hesitation to condemn this kid when there's no real evidence of what happened is hypocrisy.  You assume this kid was a good-for-nothing thug.  But, you know NOTHING about him except that he is big, he's black, and that he pushed a clerk at a convenience store when he tried to block his exit.  That's apparently enough to sentence him to death in your book.  The cop could have basically made up his story and you'd buy it whole-sale.  Do you realize how dangerous that is?

All I'm saying is that 6 rounds to the chest/head seems excessive against an unarmed 18 year old.  But, until we know more facts there's really no way to know.  However, the circumstances and the cop's reaction should absolutely be scrutinized, as it should be when anyone is shot by a cop.

But, regardless of the findings of the Michael Brown case, this is but a microcosm of the bigger issue.  Black people are NOT treated equally in the US, and especially not by police officers (in general).  This has been demonstrated again and again and again.  This creates animosity between the officers and many black people.  And, here's the problem: BOTH sides have a tendency to escalate.  You've got footage of a cop saying "bring it on" to protesters.  How can that possibly be helpful?  Words like that are just going to get more people killed.  There's suggestion in some of the eye witness's testimony that the cop returned to Michael Brown when he insulted him saying something like "what did you say to me?".  Had the cop simply ignored the insult, or at least responded to it in a less provocative manner, would the situation been diffused instead of being escalated until someone died?

Offline GoCyclones

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2014, 07:01:42 AM »
The people asking, "Why is this coming out now?"

You aren't too smart:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/08/15/dont-rush-to-prosecute-ferguson-cop-darren-wilson-george-zimmerman-lawyer-says

“If you let out one piece of information, some other witness customizes or re-remembers their testimony to take into consideration that piece of evidence and now you’ve infected the testimony,” he says.

After Martin/Zimmerman, everything changed.  The police are wise to the game of Crump, Jackson, Sharpton, and the media circus, and now they are playing the same game.  Give them nothing to go on, and pretty soon, they get people believing some wild direction that turns out making them look like fools. 

This time, they let the "perfect, docile, loving, college-bound teen" narrative, complete with cropped and years old kid photos (we saw the EXACT same angle taken with Martin/Zimmerman), go just long enough to smash it down as the foolishness it was.  After video of the robbery was released, that scenario was useless, and at that point, the game totally changed.  Brown's family began screaming, "They're trying character assassination on my boy!"  Truth is, however, that the only thing being assassinated was the false character narrative of the boy being a docile, loving, college-bound teen kid.  And no matter how much their side whines about it, the truth is that Brown assassinated this narrative by HIMSELF.  The police merely needed to show the world who Brown REALLY was.

And THAT was why people got crazy upset and rioted.  They saw their worst fears come true.... Indisputable proof that showed the world Michael Brown was not some nice little kid, and in the process, brought scrutiny upon any narrative to be drawn up by Brown and the sympathetic media in the future.  The only thing that could be worse would be video of the actual shooting itself showing their golden-boy attacking/rushing the cop.

Also, if the cops story had been told earlier, testimony by many would STILL be that Brown was executed while running away.  Don't forget -- that's what got this whole thing started.  Now people who said that on day 1, and were given media attention for it, have changed their tune, just like is said in the story link above -- new information comes out (autopsy) and people change their testimony.  The 360 on this has been so dramatic that some from Brown's camp have taken to the press to say, "We never said he was shot in the back!" 

Are you kidding me? 

The beauty of all this is the cops are playing the media by releasing info thru calls to radio shows by "friends" who could be anyone -- not something that must be proven in court.  And the press is so desperate for new information, they're printing it.  The POLICE are now in control of the narrative, NOT Crump and company.  If people change their witness stories again to match it, they may be digging another hole for themselves at trial when ALL info is released.  Crump and company know this.  The media knows this.  They are now on the defensive because they are not in control of the narrative anymore.

The media is pissed, because they know they are being played, and that is partly why they are latching onto the "bungling stupid local police" and "over-militarization of police" angle.  They want to discredit the police as much as possible, while getting people like those in this thread to whine about what info is released.  The PRESS WANTS information now, because that is what drives the stories that brings more pageviews and ratings.  That info can also be used to push their agenda one way or another.  Without information to feed them, the media can only go so far to discredit and change the narrative.  Without information, they are not in control, and the only control they can exert is to attempt to make the police look stupid or insincere because they are NOT releasing information.

This is not the police's first rodeo.

In fact if you look at history in the past 20 or so years, you'll find that Jackson, Sharpton, and now Crump, have a history of drumming-up muck and falsifying stories in order to create chaos to further their names, egos and racist racial agendas.  I'll borrow some links from another post elsewhere:

Sharpton:

http://freebeacon.com/politics/sharpton-cant-admit-tawana-brawley-hoax/

Jackson:

http://www.economist.com/node/326741
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:51:49 AM by GoCyclones »

Offline samok09

• Waygookin
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2014, 08:02:20 AM »
The people asking, "Why is this coming out now?"

You aren't too smart:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/08/15/dont-rush-to-prosecute-ferguson-cop-darren-wilson-george-zimmerman-lawyer-says

“If you let out one piece of information, some other witness customizes or re-remembers their testimony to take into consideration that piece of evidence and now you’ve infected the testimony,” he says.

After Martin/Zimmerman, everything changed.  The police are wise to the game of Crump, Jackson, Sharpton, and the media circus, and now they are playing the same game.  Give them nothing to go on, and pretty soon, they get people believing some wild direction that turns out making them look like fools. 

This time, they let the "perfect, docile, loving, college-bound teen" narrative, complete with cropped and years old kid photos (we saw the EXACT same angle taken with Martin/Zimmerman), go just long enough to smash it down as the foolishness it was.  After video of the robbery was released, that scenario was useless, and at that point, the game totally changed.  Brown's family began screaming, "They're trying character assassination on my boy!"  Truth is, however, that the only thing being assassinated was the false character narrative of the boy being a docile, loving, college-bound teen kid.  And no matter how much their side whines about it, the truth is that Brown assassinated this narrative by HIMSELF.  The police merely needed to show the world who Brown REALLY was.

And THAT was why people got crazy upset and rioted.  They saw their worst fears come true.... Indisputable proof that showed the world Michael Brown was not some nice little kid, and in the process, brought scrutiny upon any narrative to be drawn up by Brown and the sympathetic media in the future.  The only thing that could be worse would be video of the actual shooting itself showing their golden-boy attacking/rushing the cop.

Also, if the cops story had been told earlier, testimony by many would STILL be that Brown was executed while running away.  Don't forget -- that's what got this whole thing started.  Now people who said that on day 1, and were given media attention for it, have changed their tune, just like is said in the story link above.  The 360 on this has been so dramatic that some from Brown's camp have taken to the press to say, "We never said he was shot in the back!" 

Are you kidding me? 

The beauty of all this is the cops are playing the media by releasing info thru calls to radio shows by "friends" who could be anyone -- not something that must be proven in court.  And the press is so desperate for new information, they're printing it.  The POLICE are now in control of the narrative, NOT Crump and company.  If people change their witness stories again to match it, they may be digging another hole for themselves at trial when ALL info is released.  Crump and company know this.  The media knows this.  They are now on the defensive because they are not in control of the narrative anymore.

The media is pissed, because they know they are being played, and that is partly why they are latching onto the "bungling stupid local police" and "over-militarization of police" angle.  They want to discredit the police as much as possible, while getting people like those in this thread to whine about what info is released.  The PRESS WANTS information now, because that is what drives the stories that brings more pageviews and ratings.  That info can also be used to push their agenda one way or another.  Without information to feed them, the media can only go so far to discredit and change the narrative.  Without information, they are not in control, and the only control they can exert is to attempt to make the police look stupid or insincere because they are NOT releasing information.

This is not the police's first rodeo.

First, reading through that article... If you look at the statement that the police shouldn't release and case information then the shouldn't have released the video of the 'robbery.' Because all it does is look like a ploy to discredit Brown. Which in itself is going to create a negative reaction and more issues. The police's job is to help keep the peace. If they are attempting to do that, why would they release something that would only anger the people there.

And to Cereal Killer. You say that he was a thug, that he would have ended up dead or in jail, why? Because he was a big black man? Because there is a video, without audio, that shows someone telling someone to get out of their face. It's really easy to try and decide someones fate simply by how they look. I can look as a creepy old man staring at a group of  young boys and think oh he must be pedophile, or a if a guy gets too aggressive with a woman say hes a rapist. Does it make it true, is there any validity to the statement?  Unless you actually knew Brown, there isn't any validity in what you are saying.

And if you really look at the video, notice how when the packets get thrown all over the floor, he is the one to pick them up. If he was stealing, and just a thug, why would he take the time to clean up the mess and return them to the counter?

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »
GoCyclones, your goalposts have gone on an "around the world" trip in this case.

You move them so often, the only thing it does is it makes you look all over the place, desperately clutching at straws to justify the shooting.

Now you're claiming Michael Brown deserved to be shot because of...Al Sharpton? I also find Al
Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to be useless clowns with their own agendas, just like YOU.

Take a step back Cyclones...before you damage your credibility any further.

Offline lee233

• Super Waygook
  • Some people's kids (sigh)
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Gah, why are people still arguing on here, I highly doubt anyone will have their opinion changed by an armchair keyboard warrior. Thank you to both sides for giving us plenty of information on the topic, but I highly doubt there is anything else you can contribute that will alter any opinions, unless there is some sort of video of the event or a signed confession. Quite frankly this is an issue that will not be resolved over the next couple of day, often times it take weeks and or months before something like this is taken to court. Everything your comparing now is just arguing over the different biases of the news network/blogger/news paper. This whole even is a tragedy, it can be easy to dismiss the deceased as a "thug" or the officer as a racist due to your own personal experience/opinion, but we need to remember the deceased had a name and was a person, and that the officer involved is not some sort of racist nazi. Very few things in life are truly right or wrong, I am sure both sides bear at least some of the blame, but at this time we have no concrete data, only the rants of networks looking to up their viewership and radicals trying to push their agenda. This event is shameful enough before we start acting like argumentative children on the internet. 
If wishes were horses beggars would ride

Offline nimrand

• Super Waygook
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »
Gah, why are people still arguing on here, I highly doubt anyone will have their opinion changed by an armchair keyboard warrior.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2014, 10:28:01 AM »
It looks like the "gentle giant" was previously arrested for burglary, 1st degree assault, and armed criminal action.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cfc_1408458094