July 16, 2018, 04:44:48 PM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 47286 times)

Online rufus947

• Adventurer
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #460 on: April 16, 2018, 12:10:14 PM »
I just got into final fantasy 14 about a week ago. It has tons of content it's a really beautiful looking mmo, the first i've ever played. Aside from that i'm getting into the dragon quest games and looking forward to both yakuza 6 and the new god of war. Anyone else surprised that the latest in a series about a bald guy killing giant monsters is considered a masterpiece? I'm so curious to check it out.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #461 on: April 16, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
Prepare your druids for Zandalari race change  8)
I really wanted to make a zandalari monk, but of course, that class isn't available for zandalari. Probably going to race change my mage from goblin to nightborne... Not sure why I ever picked goblin in the first place.

Nice! My DH is 950 and my hunter is 947. My priest and warrior are both under 900 haha.

Got my mage to around 952ish and my monk around 940 and rogue just chilling around 935, but I haven't played much in the past few weeks. Got hooked on Stellaris/PUBG and now For Honor again.

Overwatch
and when I have the patience
Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy

recently got back into overwatch again myself. >.<
However, I forgot how much it makes me rage. >:(

Hahaha I can say the exact same thing about For Honor that I just started playing again this past weekend.

Sadly, My WoW guild has either fallen apart / or taking a raid break until Bfa. :'( so I've kinda stopped playing again haha. However, I should log in and do gold missions as often as I can until Bfa haha.

I don't know for honor, but it sounds like a team based game. and don't you just hate other, random, people in a team based heavy game? :P

On the weekend, I broke / smashed a couple plates because I got so angry on competitive overwatch. Between Tuesday and Thursday last week, I lost 41 games in a row (in competitive), Friday and Saturday morning, I got -most- of my rating back, only to have Sat / Sun put me on another 20 - 23 loss streak. Most of the losses came down to terrible team mates, who were either trolling, or wanted to do their own thing. Out of the 61 - 64 losses, less than 10 were actual close games >.< <- this should probably go in the rant thread but, it's video game related. So kinda on topic? :P

Iíve avoided Overwatch for that reason. I have heard that getting a reliable team is difficult.

Yeah, it's very hit or miss >.<

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #462 on: April 16, 2018, 01:13:19 PM »
I just got into final fantasy 14 about a week ago. It has tons of content it's a really beautiful looking mmo, the first i've ever played. Aside from that i'm getting into the dragon quest games and looking forward to both yakuza 6 and the new god of war. Anyone else surprised that the latest in a series about a bald guy killing giant monsters is considered a masterpiece? I'm so curious to check it out.

It's a beautiful game. :D I played it for a while myself. :D

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #463 on: April 16, 2018, 02:22:29 PM »

Overwatch

Hahaha I can say the exact same thing about For Honor that I just started playing again this past weekend.

I don't think any game has made me rage harder than For Honor. That game is so unbalanced and so favorable to people who A. Pay for microtransactions or B. Have way more playtime that it's near impossible to win against people who have good gear. Couple that with cheap tactics, enviornmental hazards galore, and powerups on the maps and you've got a haven for scumbags or whales who always play the game. Only decent part about that game was the 2v2 mode I'd say. Beyond that, garbage
The World Ends With You

Online MoneyMike

• Veteran
« Reply #464 on: April 16, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »
Path of Exile has been my go to game for years at this point. It's almost absurd how much it has outclassed D3 in the last couple years.

Offline u12monkeys

• Waygookin
« Reply #465 on: April 16, 2018, 02:45:15 PM »
My current obsessions are World of Warships (PC), World of Tanks (PS4 & PC), and to a lesser extent, World of Warplanes (PC).
마크

Offline profporkchop

• Adventurer
« Reply #466 on: April 20, 2018, 04:18:43 AM »
SkyrimSE

(because win 10 update killed my fallout 4)  >:(

Dungeons of Dredmore

Trove

Online tylerthegloob

• Veteran
« Reply #467 on: April 20, 2018, 07:19:47 AM »
StarCraft: Brood War! Anyone else into StarCraft? I played SC2 for a really long time, but I'm trying to get into Brood War now.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #468 on: April 20, 2018, 07:32:14 AM »
I got an invite to be a beta tester for the upcoming new Elder Scrolls Online DLC, so I started that last night. I had to download the entire friggin' game again because the beta is hosted on a private Player Test Server, and my profile name is plastered all over the screen the entire time I'm playing (presumably to discourage people from leaking footage early), but I'm still pretty stoked about getting to play it early.

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #469 on: April 20, 2018, 07:49:38 AM »

Overwatch

I don't think any game has made me rage harder than For Honor. That game is so unbalanced and so favorable to people who A. Pay for microtransactions or B. Have way more playtime that it's near impossible to win against people who have good gear. Couple that with cheap tactics, enviornmental hazards galore, and powerups on the maps and you've got a haven for scumbags or whales who always play the game. Only decent part about that game was the 2v2 mode I'd say. Beyond that, garbage

I agree for the most part. I played a lot on release for a few weeks, then moved on to another game. That said, it has gotten a lot better since then. It's still frustrating of course, in-part because the learning curve is so high, but I've been genuinely enjoying myself since getting back into it.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline profporkchop

• Adventurer
« Reply #470 on: April 20, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »
OH MY GERSH.

I forgot about The binding of Isaac

Get it, srsly.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #471 on: April 20, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »
I got an invite to be a beta tester for the upcoming new Elder Scrolls Online DLC, so I started that last night. I had to download the entire friggin' game again because the beta is hosted on a private Player Test Server, and my profile name is plastered all over the screen the entire time I'm playing (presumably to discourage people from leaking footage early), but I'm still pretty stoked about getting to play it early.

Oh sweet, any deets on what it's about?

Online ESLTurtle

• Veteran
« Reply #472 on: April 20, 2018, 01:05:34 PM »
Tinder.  :afro:

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #473 on: April 20, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »

Oh sweet, any deets on what it's about?

Mostly stuff they've already released in the previews. It's set in the Summerset Isles, which is where the High Elves / Altmer are from. Main plot point so far seems to be that the Isles had been closed off to all outside trade and influence, but the new queen opened it up, which wasn't a popular move. I don't really know more than that yet, but I signed an agreement saying I can't say anything about the story past the first mission, so I wouldn't be able to say anything even if I knew more, haha.

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #474 on: April 20, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »
God of War out today! I'm excited. I've heard great things about this one, and I've never played God of War before. Looking forward to this being the only thing I do at home tonight  ;D
The World Ends With You

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #475 on: April 24, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »
StarCraft: Brood War! Anyone else into StarCraft? I played SC2 for a really long time, but I'm trying to get into Brood War now.

I am really enjoying watching the ASL (Sunday / Tuesday nights) but I've not played Brood War for a while now. I'm pretty shite so much prefer watching the pros in action. Are you Zerg, Terran or 'toss?
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline tori_bird

• Veteran
« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2018, 01:30:44 PM »
Currently obsessed with Rune Factory 4 on Nintendo 3DS! It's beautiful. It reminds me of a mix of Harvest Moon and a fantasy RPG. You have monsters to fight or tame and make into farm animals. There is also an interesting story line that's been keeping me guessing.
Very addictive too haha!

Online tylerthegloob

• Veteran
« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2018, 01:33:43 PM »

I am really enjoying watching the ASL (Sunday / Tuesday nights) but I've not played Brood War for a while now. I'm pretty shite so much prefer watching the pros in action. Are you Zerg, Terran or 'toss?

Yeah I've been really enjoying ASL too. I met Tasteless a few times when I was studying in Seoul and he was super cool to hang out with. And I'm Protoss! I used to play Terran, but after switching to to Protoss in SC2 I decided to switch in BW too. I mostly play BW these days though, not as much SC2 (my laptop doesn't handle it as well and I figure BW is more popular here anyways).

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2018, 01:48:56 PM »
God of War out today! I'm excited. I've heard great things about this one, and I've never played God of War before. Looking forward to this being the only thing I do at home tonight  ;D

The first god of war is pretty great. :D
My mum has mailed me my copy, so I'm waiting for it to arrive. :D (I tend to get my PS4 games from back home, because DLC is region locked :\ )

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
Yeah I've been really enjoying ASL too. I met Tasteless a few times when I was studying in Seoul and he was super cool to hang out with. And I'm Protoss! I used to play Terran, but after switching to to Protoss in SC2 I decided to switch in BW too. I mostly play BW these days though, not as much SC2 (my laptop doesn't handle it as well and I figure BW is more popular here anyways).

Noice, I'm a Protoss fan myself. Wish Bisu was playing in the current season, but alas. Who is your money on? Besides Flash of course  :P

And what games do you play? 1v1s? I tried to do some ranked games on the Asian server when Remastered first came out, but kept getting curb stomped by the Koreans who've played non-stop for 20+ years lol. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime soon though.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.