September 23, 2018, 08:16:30 AM

Author Topic: Is anyone using this version of High School English II ?  (Read 871 times)

Offline bort_simpson

• Waygookin
Is anyone using this version of High School English II ?
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »
Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!

Offline christina.sanches1234

• Explorer
Re: Is anyone using this version of High School English II ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:40:17 PM »
Are you still using it? I am, but I've only just started.

Offline sarahbh

• Newgookin
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:16 AM »
I briefly used it last semester and I will be again in September.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »
In my high school, I have two classes with the second graders each week.  One class is based around anything I want, like speaking or writing.  The other is loosely using this book and I make a worksheet for the students.  I'll take one conversation from the chapter, and then a bunch of activities after.  Like chapter one is about 'Learning Smarter' and new semester plans.  So after the listening, I get the students to write a few sentences about what they can do to stay fit and healthy, improve grades, learn something interesting.  Go through them with the students.  Then have a ranking and go through their answers again and see how the rank from 'least important - most important'.  Go through and get their ideas.  This kind of worksheet can be used for 2/3 weeks, and is based on the book.  The Korean teacher will only teach the text from the chapter and nothing else.  So I try and get the students to think more about the topic than covering the whole book, which would be boring.