December 15, 2018, 07:29:09 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Study Room - Getting a business licence, set up with the NTS, and registered  (Read 805 times)

Offline ciderlover

• Waygookin
Sorry, I'm such a newb, but does anyone know where, and how I can get information on how to open a study room as well as where the steps to do so can be found?

Please, any legitimate/useful info is welcomed.

Thank you a head of time.

Offline SPQR

• Veteran
Local Education Office.

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hagwonstartup/

Study room is a little different/easier to start, I believe. Someone should be able to help you out on the above listed forum.

Offline ciderlover

• Waygookin
Thank you, to those who responded.

Offline Tony Teacher

• Veteran
  • Tony Choi from EntrepreneurKorea.com
The Facebook group mentioned above has a lot of friendly people who will share information. Also, if you search the Facebook group, you will be able to find a lot of helpful info.

In short, you first need to go to your local office of education and get your license (they will tell you what documents you need as each district/area of Korea is slightly different than the next). Once you get your license to legally teach, then you go to your local tax office and register your business with that license. You may be reluctant to visit your local office of education and want to find a list of things that layout what you need, but it is best to go to the office of education and ask in person. It is a good idea to get used to visiting your local office of education as you may have to go a few times when you first open up your Hagwon type business and change things here and there.

You can also visit a website I created that share some of my experiences when I was running my English Gyosoopso. It's like a study room but in a commercial space. There are blog posts and podcasts that you can access if you are interested. The website is www.hagwonstart.com
Business Consultant and Coach at www.entrepreneurkorea.com and www.hagwonstart.com