April 21, 2018, 01:45:53 PM

Author Topic: South Korean man kills neighbour's dog and invites owner to eat it  (Read 1404 times)

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: South Korean man kills neighbour's dog and invites owner to eat it
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
We're talking Titus Andronicus here.

I believe there's a (grimm's?) fairy tale wherein a stepmother gets angry at her husband (a king) for whatever reason so she cooks up his children and serves him the resulting stew, he being ignorant of the contents until later.

That's what came to my mind.
Arya did the same with the Late Walter Frey and his sons.
Revenge is best served cold... unless its served as a nice pot pie.  :smiley:

She really gave him a right earful...or was it a left one?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 04:08:31 PM »

I believe there's a (grimm's?) fairy tale wherein a stepmother gets angry at her husband (a king) for whatever reason so she cooks up his children and serves him the resulting stew, he being ignorant of the contents until later.

She really gave him a right earful...or was it a left one?

It is probably logical to conjecture that the stew was full of ears. 

Online Bingsu

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 04:52:10 PM »
I think there's more to this case than just dog eating or whatever. This sounds like what originally was bad blood between the neighbors combined with the neighbor not standing the barking and the killing and eating more an attempt to inflict pain and suffering on the neighbor than any simple "dog looks tasty". We're talking Titus Andronicus here. This is a premeditated incident by someone who truly loathed the dog and neighbor. This is someone who cleaned and gutted the thing in his own house. He probably had to go out and buy boning knives and a serious cutting board. Unless he was a butcher, you don't just have this stuff lying around, it's not for everyone, and it's not something you can jist spend 20 bucks on.

If I was the prosecutor I'd look real hard at what steps he took. It makes me question the rock story. This seems less like an outburst and more like a deep revenge plot. If he just hated the dog in anger he would have bludgeoned it repeatedly or just stabbed/mutilated it and tossed it onto their yard. The butchering, cooking, and serving shows a desire to have power and mastery over the neighbor and wanting to inflict methodical psychological pain.

Also, some of you are way too obsessed with me.

But you're right.

I was in forensics back in school and we had it drilled into us methods of attack and MO. This definitely wasn't a heat of the moment thing, not a crime of passion. If he snapped and threw a rock that knocked the dog out, the most he would have likely done in panic was haul the dog off and dispose of it elsewhere or leave it to die in the owner's yard.

The fact that he "threw a rock" and then strangled it (a really personal crime, same as stabbing) shows more intent than rage. Anything that involved him getting his hands on that dog was personal hatred. For either the dog or the owner, that's to be decided. Adding on to the eating and serving, you're right. It was absolutely intended to not only slash at the owner's heart, but smother it in salt after.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 05:01:24 PM »

And of course, ol' Scott Tenorman

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 05:47:27 PM »

And of course, ol' Scott Tenorman

It's actually closest to the plot of the 1973 comedy horror movie Theatre of Blood where Vincent Price feeds Robert Morley his own dogs until he dies. All his critics were killed in the manner of Shakespearean deaths so I guess this one was based on Titus Andronidus

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »
Another humorously sordid case would be the one that Rammstein's "Mein Teil" was based on: two fellows cooked up a scheme to autocannibalize their respective reproductive organs, before the one guy volunteered to be butchered and eaten whole sale.  They recorded the entire thing. :huh:

For your viewing displeasure (the wiki page, not the actual video):

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 03:24:38 PM »
Just an article about Korea's recent progress towards more laws protecting against animal abuse:

http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Society/view?articleId=156738

Offline dippedinblush

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
Another humorously sordid case would be the one that Rammstein's "Mein Teil" was based on: two fellows cooked up a scheme to autocannibalize their respective reproductive organs, before the one guy volunteered to be butchered and eaten whole sale.  They recorded the entire thing. :huh:

For your viewing displeasure (the wiki page, not the actual video):

This is wild!!! Truly depraved!!! I'm in shock!   :shocked: