July 24, 2017, 07:45:31 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 409131 times)

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6260 on: June 19, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
I've got a banging headache, I go to the school nurse and explain how it's really bad and she gives me.....one......Tylenol. Then tells me to be careful because it's so strong.  :undecided:

Also my office is so stuffy and warm. One of the teachers still has her F-ing humidifier on too, like on of those personal ones and it's pointed directly at her face. All day long.

F
M
L

For what it's worth, Tylenol here is 500mg, which is what Extra Strength Tylenol is back home. For a super bad headache you still might want two, I suppose, but it's better than one "normal" Tylenol.
Some are 500mg. I was digging through our medicine cabinet and noticed one box of tylenol was 400gm the other was 650mg. The ones I had been given by a doctor were 500mg.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6261 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:20 PM »
I've got a banging headache, I go to the school nurse and explain how it's really bad and she gives me.....one......Tylenol. Then tells me to be careful because it's so strong.  :undecided:

Also my office is so stuffy and warm. One of the teachers still has her F-ing humidifier on too, like on of those personal ones and it's pointed directly at her face. All day long.

F
M
L

For what it's worth, Tylenol here is 500mg, which is what Extra Strength Tylenol is back home. For a super bad headache you still might want two, I suppose, but it's better than one "normal" Tylenol.
Some are 500mg. I was digging through our medicine cabinet and noticed one box of tylenol was 400gm the other was 650mg. The ones I had been given by a doctor were 500mg.

Maybe my tolerance is too high but it didn't touch it. In the UK even the cheapest basic paracetamol (Tylenol) is 500g. I would KILL for something stronger, I miss high quality super strength over the counter things  :cry:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6262 on: June 19, 2017, 07:11:46 PM »
Maybe my tolerance is too high but it didn't touch it. In the UK even the cheapest basic paracetamol (Tylenol) is 500g. I would KILL for something stronger, I miss high quality super strength over the counter things  :cry:

Maybe ibuprofin would work better for you.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6263 on: June 20, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
... but I have a teacher's trip with my school tomorrow. It'll be fun, but I'm sure you imagine there would be a dozen other things I'd rather be doing on a Saturday.

Politely refusing to go to school dinners/trips 2 years ago was the best thing I have ever done.

I have one coming up and I'm a tad bit excited because I like my school and there will be alcohol but wahhhh my weekend. My principal personally asked me to come and, since my no-fail diarrhea excuse can't really be used for something two weeks in the future, I simply had to say yes.

Offline donovan

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6264 on: June 20, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »
I have one coming up and I'm a tad bit excited because I like my school and there will be alcohol but wahhhh my weekend. My principal personally asked me to come and, since my no-fail diarrhea excuse can't really be used for something two weeks in the future, I simply had to say yes.

try cholera :undecided:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6265 on: June 20, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »

Or botulism.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6266 on: June 20, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »
Speaking tests.

Offline StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6267 on: June 20, 2017, 01:10:17 PM »
Acetaminophen (Tylenol/Paracetamol) is a dangerous medicine responsible for more emergency hospital visits than any other medication. That's obviously at least in part because of its popularity, but its interactions with other medication and small margin of error between therapeutic and harmful dose make it a pretty crappy drug. It no doubt became the painkiller of choice due to marketing, not efficacy.

Ibuprofen is much better.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6268 on: June 20, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
I think they can both cause problems if overused. Ibuprofen is terrible for your stomach and lower digestive tract.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6269 on: June 20, 2017, 02:25:51 PM »

Or botulism.

Yeah botulism seems to be trending. Someone in the US died from it via tainted gas station cheese. Shock.

Offline donovan

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6270 on: June 20, 2017, 02:32:30 PM »

Or botulism.

Yeah botulism seems to be trending. Someone in the US died from it via tainted gas station cheese. Shock.

I chose cholera because it would allow her to stick with the diarrhea-themed excuses (I hope it was clear that I do not wish *actual* cholera upon her). Botulism might require some acting.

The disease begins with weakness, trouble seeing, feeling tired, and trouble speaking. This may then be followed by weakness of the arms, chest muscles, and legs.

Then again, so would cholera...

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6271 on: June 20, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »
Midway through the lesson, the special needs kid shat his pants.

All the doors and windows are open and the smell is still lingering... On the plus side, suppressing my appetite till this evening just became much easier.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6272 on: June 20, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
I figured that if botulism can get folk out of North Korea, then it could do the same for a weekend hweshik.

Cholera, though, has the advantage of not being grossly insensitive.

On the other hand, both rabies and malaria are equally serious, actually occur in South Korea, and have much shorter quarantine lengths.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6273 on: June 20, 2017, 02:50:46 PM »
I figured that if botulism can get folk out of North Korea, then it could do the same for a weekend hweshik.

On the other hand, both rabies and malaria are equally serious, actually occur in South Korea, and have much shorter quarantine lengths.

But it's the gross insensitivity that makes an excuse impenetrable.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6274 on: June 20, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »

But it's the gross insensitivity that makes an excuse impenetrable.
Well in that case, *all* my excuses are impenetrable.

Good to know! :smiley:

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6275 on: June 20, 2017, 02:52:34 PM »
Speaking tests.

What's with the hatred of speaking tests? Hassle of making them? Hassle of administering them? The supposed futiliy of the whole thing?

I don't mind them at all

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6276 on: June 20, 2017, 03:02:27 PM »
Speaking tests.

What's with the hatred of speaking tests? Hassle of making them? Hassle of administering them? The supposed futiliy of the whole thing?

I don't mind them at all

Having to administer them to too many students in a very short period of time, which results in monotony and a deterioration of my soul.

It's boring and tedious, and, ultimately, a pointless exercise in memorization and not on actual conversation. I get the rare 2-3 students per semester who make it interesting.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6277 on: June 20, 2017, 03:11:08 PM »
Did my teaching evaluation class, somehow passed with flying colours even tho my CT tried to sabbotage the entire thing by talking over me, waiting til this morning to look at the plan and ppt i sent her 2 weeks ago, switching up stuff as I was explaining it to the class... The usual.

After that she shows me the scores adn says she'll need to talk to the principal because the thinks the planning score should be lower since we had to go fast at the end to finish the class... cuz the students came in 10\3 minutes late but yeah thats apparently my fault...

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6278 on: June 20, 2017, 03:16:14 PM »
Did my teaching evaluation class, somehow passed with flying colours even tho my CT tried to sabbotage the entire thing by talking over me, waiting til this morning to look at the plan and ppt i sent her 2 weeks ago, switching up stuff as I was explaining it to the class... The usual.

After that she shows me the scores adn says she'll need to talk to the principal because the thinks the planning score should be lower since we had to go fast at the end to finish the class... cuz the students came in 10\3 minutes late but yeah thats apparently my fault...

Wow!

Your next conversaton with this teacher should consist of two sounds....

you hitting her....

and then her hitting the floor....

;D

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6279 on: June 20, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »

Aren't coworkers like that SO NICE?

Recent Lesson Plans

Movie Vocabulary Activity by eslkidz
[Yesterday at 05:30:44 AM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment