September 21, 2017, 10:37:02 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 483866 times)

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6240 on: June 19, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
Where's the water? They axed all the fountains long ago and the water machines not that long ago. They used to keep the fridge stocked with bottled water. Now, we've got nothing. It's 32C. We don't have the air conditioning turned on yet either. Are they trying to kill us?

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6241 on: June 19, 2017, 04:04:11 PM »
Where's the water? They axed all the fountains long ago and the water machines not that long ago. They used to keep the fridge stocked with bottled water. Now, we've got nothing. It's 32C. We don't have the air conditioning turned on yet either. Are they trying to kill us?

They are most definitely trying to kill us.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6242 on: June 19, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »
I feel like I'm always on an island there.

Ehehehe

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6243 on: June 19, 2017, 05:32:40 PM »
Someone help, they're trying to bake me alive until my stupid foreigner face shrivels up from the heat and I die from dehydration. I'm gonna bring wet wipes to towel myself off tomorrow in between classes. >:(

Online Challen13

• Explorer
« Reply #6244 on: June 19, 2017, 05:40:39 PM »
Someone help, they're trying to bake me alive until my stupid foreigner face shrivels up from the heat and I die from dehydration. I'm gonna bring wet wipes to towel myself off tomorrow in between classes. >:(

Please towel your face the way Pikachu is squishing his cheeks in your avatar. Very fitting.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6245 on: June 19, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
I've got a banging headache, I go to the school nurse and explain how it's really bad and she gives me.....one......Tylenol. Then tells me to be careful because it's so strong.  :undecided:

Also my office is so stuffy and warm. One of the teachers still has her F-ing humidifier on too, like on of those personal ones and it's pointed directly at her face. All day long.

F
M
L

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #6246 on: June 19, 2017, 05:58:43 PM »
I've got a banging headache, I go to the school nurse and explain how it's really bad and she gives me.....one......Tylenol. Then tells me to be careful because it's so strong.  :undecided:

Ah, you mean a 헤아다체.
Ignoring isnt the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Online Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6247 on: June 19, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »

Also my office is so stuffy and warm. One of the teachers still has her F-ing humidifier on too, like on of those personal ones and it's pointed directly at her face. All day long.

F
M
L

For what it's worth, Tylenol here is 500mg, which is what Extra Strength Tylenol is back home. For a super bad headache you still might want two, I suppose, but it's better than one "normal" Tylenol.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6248 on: June 19, 2017, 06:28:42 PM »

F
M
L

Dang, that would grind my gears. My nurse is rad and gives me two 500mg Tylenols without blinking whenever I have a headache.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6249 on: June 19, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »

F
M
L

For what it's worth, Tylenol here is 500mg, which is what Extra Strength Tylenol is back home. For a super bad headache you still might want two, I suppose, but it's better than one "normal" Tylenol.
Some are 500mg. I was digging through our medicine cabinet and noticed one box of tylenol was 400gm the other was 650mg. The ones I had been given by a doctor were 500mg.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6250 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:20 PM »

F
M
L

Some are 500mg. I was digging through our medicine cabinet and noticed one box of tylenol was 400gm the other was 650mg. The ones I had been given by a doctor were 500mg.

Maybe my tolerance is too high but it didn't touch it. In the UK even the cheapest basic paracetamol (Tylenol) is 500g. I would KILL for something stronger, I miss high quality super strength over the counter things  :cry:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6251 on: June 19, 2017, 07:11:46 PM »
Maybe my tolerance is too high but it didn't touch it. In the UK even the cheapest basic paracetamol (Tylenol) is 500g. I would KILL for something stronger, I miss high quality super strength over the counter things  :cry:

Maybe ibuprofin would work better for you.

Online chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6252 on: June 20, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
... but I have a teacher's trip with my school tomorrow. It'll be fun, but I'm sure you imagine there would be a dozen other things I'd rather be doing on a Saturday.

Politely refusing to go to school dinners/trips 2 years ago was the best thing I have ever done.

I have one coming up and I'm a tad bit excited because I like my school and there will be alcohol but wahhhh my weekend. My principal personally asked me to come and, since my no-fail diarrhea excuse can't really be used for something two weeks in the future, I simply had to say yes.

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6253 on: June 20, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »
I have one coming up and I'm a tad bit excited because I like my school and there will be alcohol but wahhhh my weekend. My principal personally asked me to come and, since my no-fail diarrhea excuse can't really be used for something two weeks in the future, I simply had to say yes.

try cholera :undecided:

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6254 on: June 20, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »

Or botulism.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6255 on: June 20, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »
Speaking tests.

Offline StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6256 on: June 20, 2017, 01:10:17 PM »
Acetaminophen (Tylenol/Paracetamol) is a dangerous medicine responsible for more emergency hospital visits than any other medication. That's obviously at least in part because of its popularity, but its interactions with other medication and small margin of error between therapeutic and harmful dose make it a pretty crappy drug. It no doubt became the painkiller of choice due to marketing, not efficacy.

Ibuprofen is much better.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6257 on: June 20, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
I think they can both cause problems if overused. Ibuprofen is terrible for your stomach and lower digestive tract.

Online chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6258 on: June 20, 2017, 02:25:51 PM »

Or botulism.

Yeah botulism seems to be trending. Someone in the US died from it via tainted gas station cheese. Shock.

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6259 on: June 20, 2017, 02:32:30 PM »

Or botulism.

Yeah botulism seems to be trending. Someone in the US died from it via tainted gas station cheese. Shock.

I chose cholera because it would allow her to stick with the diarrhea-themed excuses (I hope it was clear that I do not wish *actual* cholera upon her). Botulism might require some acting.

The disease begins with weakness, trouble seeing, feeling tired, and trouble speaking. This may then be followed by weakness of the arms, chest muscles, and legs.

Then again, so would cholera...

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment