March 26, 2017, 04:31:42 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 238491 times)

Offline sevenpm

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4600 on: March 20, 2017, 05:32:03 PM »
WTactualF....... I was so hungry but after a few seconds of that I just feel revolted. Was this on Korean TV?  :huh:

Yes unfortunately this really is what passes for entertainment here these days. Why waste money making quality drama or documentaries when you can film a chubby nobody eating nosily?

I'm starting to reach my limit with Korean tv.  It really is the same thing, with the same people, repeated over and over again.  My wife has told me in no uncertain terms to STFU about it.  ;D I have a theory about why Koreans seem to be so obsessed about those programs where they are essentially watching other normal/celebrity people doing something banal.  I'm sure it has something to do with hierarchy in Korea and that you don't really get to know people unless they are introduced by someone else or are family.  There is just that curiosity, because they don't know how other people live.  Just a theory mind.

On another note:  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. RAIN CATS AND DOGS!  It is almost ten straight dusty days.  I wanna go out hiking.  Please spare a thought for our Chinese brothers and sisters who have it even worse than us.

Every country has it's share of trash tv with random people. Just look at Springer, or Maury, or Dr. Phil or Jeremy Kyle or Steve Wilkos or the billions of judge shows. For North America we weem to banish those shows to daytime tv rather than prime time tho. Also, for the record I love trashy tv. I still refuse to marry someone unless they propose to me on Springer. It's just different kinds of garbage programming in different countries.

Right but usually countries have decent quality programs to balance the shit ones out. Jerry Springeresque programs aren't on all channels all the time. Gossip Girl wasn't being consumed by the majority of the population. Where is the actually good T.V. programming in Korea? What channels and what time does it come on?

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4601 on: March 20, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
Right but usually countries have decent quality programs to balance the shit ones out. Jerry Springeresque programs aren't on all channels all the time. Gossip Girl wasn't being consumed by the majority of the population. Where is the actually good T.V. programming in Korea? What channels and what time does it come on?

Not to mention there's a bit of a difference in the banality levels of Korean reality programming and American trash TV. One is watching people sitting around eating ramyeon and playing yutnori, the other is watching two cousins get into a brawl because they were both knocked up by the same Elvis impersonator.

Come to think of it, Korean TV would be improved by the edition of some trash TV like that. Let's see some Korean girls duking it out because they both got Kakao messages from the same guy.

Offline yirj17

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4602 on: March 20, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »

Not to mention there's a bit of a difference in the banality levels of Korean reality programming and American trash TV. One is watching people sitting around eating ramyeon and playing yutnori, the other is watching two cousins get into a brawl because they were both knocked up by the same Elvis impersonator.

Come to think of it, Korean TV would be improved by the edition of some trash TV like that. Let's see some Korean girls duking it out because they both got Kakao messages from the same guy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline kriztee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4603 on: March 20, 2017, 05:43:29 PM »
WTactualF....... I was so hungry but after a few seconds of that I just feel revolted. Was this on Korean TV?  :huh:

Yes unfortunately this really is what passes for entertainment here these days. Why waste money making quality drama or documentaries when you can film a chubby nobody eating nosily?

I'm starting to reach my limit with Korean tv.  It really is the same thing, with the same people, repeated over and over again.  My wife has told me in no uncertain terms to STFU about it.  ;D I have a theory about why Koreans seem to be so obsessed about those programs where they are essentially watching other normal/celebrity people doing something banal.  I'm sure it has something to do with hierarchy in Korea and that you don't really get to know people unless they are introduced by someone else or are family.  There is just that curiosity, because they don't know how other people live.  Just a theory mind.

On another note:  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. RAIN CATS AND DOGS!  It is almost ten straight dusty days.  I wanna go out hiking.  Please spare a thought for our Chinese brothers and sisters who have it even worse than us.

Every country has it's share of trash tv with random people. Just look at Springer, or Maury, or Dr. Phil or Jeremy Kyle or Steve Wilkos or the billions of judge shows. For North America we weem to banish those shows to daytime tv rather than prime time tho. Also, for the record I love trashy tv. I still refuse to marry someone unless they propose to me on Springer. It's just different kinds of garbage programming in different countries.

I don't actually watch Korean tv XD I know it's a lot of Dramas and there are some weird reality shows but last year I didn't have cable and this year I'm so used to watching netflix that I always forget I can turn on cable. I also don't understand enough Korean to know what's really going on without subtitles. Maybe there is something good on there. I can only see poor production value in shows but it's harder to judge the story of other things.

I generally have bad taste in most things tho so I can't say what's good. Some of my fav shows are Xavier: Renegade Angel and Wonder Showzen so I forfeited my right to call things good a while back.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4604 on: March 20, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
Today, I had my hair cut by the Korean Stevie Wonder.

My Korean is far from perfect and so is your English. However, we both understand a f*cking picture. Look at the picture! Is there anything there which tells you that I want fades, on both sides of my head, of different f*cking lengths?

Offline mbg121

• Explorer
« Reply #4605 on: March 20, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
Anyone else having trouble eating school lunch? Just me?

There's nothing terribly wrong with lunch. Typical Korean food as well ~ spicy fried fish, octopus and broccoli, etc. I just noticed that over the last couple of months it seems to make me feel nauseous if I eat the soup or meat specifically. And if the kimchi is a lil TOO stanky then the flavor usually makes me wanna hurl as well. What gives man?

I eat Korean food ALL the time no problem outside of school. Stinky kimchi too. Its just school lunch that makes me feel sick afterwards. The meat always tastes sweet and the soup tastes like straight up river water its so fishy. Folks I'm basically eating white rice and oranges for lunch at this point. Only meals that don't make me sick are the curry and rice dish and bibimbap.

Maybe my taste buds are just whacked out after months of weird food...  think I'll chug another coffee to stave off hunger for the next hour...  :cry:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4606 on: March 20, 2017, 06:04:48 PM »

There's nothing terribly wrong with lunch. Typical Korean food as well ~ spicy fried fish, octopus and broccoli, etc. I just noticed that over the last couple of months it seems to make me feel nauseous if I eat the soup or meat specifically. And if the kimchi is a lil TOO stanky then the flavor usually makes me wanna hurl as well. What gives man?

I eat Korean food ALL the time no problem outside of school. Stinky kimchi too. Its just school lunch that makes me feel sick afterwards. The meat always tastes sweet and the soup tastes like straight up river water its so fishy. Folks I'm basically eating white rice and oranges for lunch at this point. Only meals that don't make me sick are the curry and rice dish and bibimbap.

Maybe my taste buds are just whacked out after months of weird food...  think I'll chug another coffee to stave off hunger for the next hour...  :cry:

I'd suggest packing your own lunch if the school lunches have been making you sick for months. That way, you can eat lunch and not feel sick.

Offline kriztee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4607 on: March 20, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »
Today's been nice but tomorrow I have my ct from heck who talks over my lessons, explains my games wrong before I get a chance to finish what I was saying, and tries to make me late for my second school of the day by forcing me to eat lunch with her while I'm supposed to be in transit. It'll be a fun filled day of trying to talk back over her and running out of the classroom before she tries to force me to lunch.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4608 on: March 20, 2017, 06:12:14 PM »

My life improved greatly when I opted out of school lunches. Some people luck out with food at their school but others...   :undecided:

Offline yirj17

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4609 on: March 20, 2017, 06:16:59 PM »
Getting nervous about open class this week at my travel school. 

I have taught class with this new coT only once (to his credit, he let me lead classes as I'm accustomed to and busied himself being helpful w/translating if necessary or writing things on the board for me), and I'm afraid he's going to pull some of the weird/dodgy/change everything at the last minute nonsense that I've heard so much about from others here. 

At my main school, open classes are no big deal and I'm lucky if anyone even drops in.  But at this travel school, they seem to take it more seriously what with the principal in attendance and recording it.  It appears to be a genuine assessment of the KET's class (which is probably why my former KET there opted to teach open classes solo), so I'm not sure what they're going to be assessing if I'm carrying on as I normally do and the new KET is just assisting...

Offline elsbethm

• Explorer
« Reply #4610 on: March 20, 2017, 06:19:06 PM »

I had a similar problem a few years back. After lunch I always felt so nauseous. Just lunch, dinner and breakfast were fine.  Turns out I was developing/had an ulcer, and that was the only symptom I presented with.  Started taking antacids and the problem went away.
Maybe try that and see how you feel. Or go to a doctor (probably better than following my anecdotal advice). Or maybe your poor waygookin body can't handle the superiority of Korean food, lol.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4611 on: March 20, 2017, 06:25:09 PM »

My Korean is far from perfect and so is your English. However, we both understand a f*cking picture. Look at the picture! Is there anything there which tells you that I want fades, on both sides of my head, of different f*cking lengths?

This reminds me how, 6 times out of 10, I will give the exact address in Korean to a cab driver and they're still like WELL I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS IS.

YOU HAVE ONE JOB.

Offline CO2

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Straight White Male
« Reply #4612 on: March 20, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »

This reminds me how, 6 times out of 10, I will give the exact address in Korean to a cab driver and they're still like WELL I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS IS.

YOU HAVE ONE JOB.

"I don't know where that is."

You have a built-in GPS thing IN YOUR CAR and you're not even using that because YOUR PHONE IS OPEN TO THE MAP APP.

USE ONE OF THE TWO, BABO FACE

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4613 on: March 20, 2017, 06:33:22 PM »
Too true.

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4614 on: March 21, 2017, 12:31:52 AM »

There's nothing terribly wrong wit.............

Given what I see in the men's staff bathroom after lunch, you are better off not eating the pig slop they call food for our school lunches. It appears to case your ass to explode.

Bring your own food from home. You will love everyday so much more, and also it's a lot healthier that the rotting crap they serve us.

Offline friendofcletus

• Adventurer
« Reply #4615 on: March 21, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I used to play drinking games with Korean TV. I would watch 'the Voice' with my wife and drink every time a character said 새끼. Same with those stupid reality shows...canned laughs, canned oohs and aahs, played back video from different angles, and close-up mouth chewing shots all get a drink. My wife doesn't watch them so much anymore...

Offline JNM

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4616 on: March 21, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »
...Started taking antacids and the problem went away. ...

I have been keeping an eye open for Tums or Rolaids, but I haven't seen any. What are the local brands?

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4617 on: March 21, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »
Everytime a get to my Tuesday school, something different has gone missing.

1st time, computer monitor, aircon remote and some desks
2nd time, chairs, plug adapters for computer and projector
3rd time, desk... Yes! My damn desk!
Today, printer.

Half of the first period is always spent locating and putting back the pilfered items. I really hate this school.

Offline sevenpm

• Veteran
« Reply #4618 on: March 21, 2017, 02:47:04 PM »

YOU HAVE ONE JOB.

omg. I hate that. I once had a cab driver tell me he couldn't take me where I had to go too! Why? The genius could not figure out how to type a space into his GPS system. I watched him try and fail to type my address and then just give up and tell me no. How do these guys get jobs? Especially when they ask me how to get somewhere I have never been...? I've had to give taxi drivers the phone number of the place I want to go before so they could get directions. It's so weird. The cabs I've taken in other countries usually have some decent knowledge of the city but here, no, they expect such details directions or they're useless.

Offline CO2

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Straight White Male
« Reply #4619 on: March 21, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

YOU HAVE ONE JOB.

omg. I hate that. I once had a cab driver tell me he couldn't take me where I had to go too! Why? The genius could not figure out how to type a space into his GPS system. I watched him try and fail to type my address and then just give up and tell me no. How do these guys get jobs? Especially when they ask me how to get somewhere I have never been...? I've had to give taxi drivers the phone number of the place I want to go before so they could get directions. It's so weird. The cabs I've taken in other countries usually have some decent knowledge of the city but here, no, they expect such details directions or they're useless.

I'm doing a 180, but here's some entertaining UK Dragon's Den (Shark Tank, for you Yanks) footage about how knowledgeable Taxi Drivers are in London.

Recent Lesson Plans

Teaching out of a story book: Middle School by oglop
[Yesterday at 12:50:06 PM]

Tabletop games in class by lifeisgood6447
[March 24, 2017, 05:50:41 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment