October 17, 2017, 04:58:59 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 518887 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2380 on: November 04, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »
Jujube tea is baller as heck and it smells amazing. Mix that life with some fresh ginger, and you've got a premium tea life going.

I'm okay with it but I'll admit that it's never going to be my first choice of teas.

Fresh ginger tea, though. I can't get enough of it.

No, its... I can't describe it. It's like a bastardization of a tea smell I'm familiar with. But its not jujube, though I have seen some of the teachers drying out some of those, so I'm guessing that tea will be coming soon too.

Trying to remember if arrowroot tea is strong smelling but I don't think it is. Let us know if you ever figure it out because now I need to try this stuff, whatever it is.

Guh. Arrowroot anything also baller as heck.

Man, everytime peeps be talking about mayo life, I get the mad hungers.

Ever since my school got a cafeteria, there's no more self-serve lunch for teachers, so I'm literally eating child-sized portions, and while it's helping me lose weight, I'm (arguably) a grown-ass man who needs more food than literal children.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2381 on: November 04, 2016, 02:56:15 PM »
My schools office is so bloody hot right now.

I moved in to the classroom to get away from the heat at about 9. I've just remembered my chocolate was in my bag in the office. It's melted. Chocolate melts at 34-35C.

Yes, well, some of us don't have heat and must manage with a mug of hot water.  :sad:

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2382 on: November 04, 2016, 03:00:48 PM »
Teachers' meeting yesterday, we were informed "no more heater", as the electricity bill was off the charts.

Now, if they would only cancel the winter English camp and deskwarming duties to save on electricity ;)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2383 on: November 04, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »
...there's no more self-serve lunch for teachers, so I'm literally eating ... children.

I'm just curious, what does your profile quote "My ring is my mansion." mean / refer to?
Sounds very zen!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2384 on: November 04, 2016, 03:03:13 PM »
...there's no more self-serve lunch for teachers, so I'm literally eating ... children.

I'm just curious, what does your profile quote "My ring is my mansion." mean / refer to?
Sounds very zen!

Also curious!

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2385 on: November 04, 2016, 03:11:25 PM »
Now, if they would only cancel the winter English camp and deskwarming duties to save on electricity ;)

haha yes. my principal is also complaining about the heating bill. well, reduce the length of the semesters, then you won't need to spend so much on heating and aircon. korea already has some of the longest semesters in the world.

and cut out all the summer and winter camps, which will reduce the time that needs to be spent on heating and cooling by an extra 2-3 weeks per year.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2386 on: November 04, 2016, 03:14:34 PM »

Sounds very zen!

Actually, it's a quote from a guest verse on Lil B's song "I Look Like Hannah Montana," and it's actually 'My ring is a mansion,' which means it's really big / he is rich.

I'm glad you realized it. Lil B always promotes #positive feelings and he is extremely zen. Lil B loves you. If you do decide to youtube the song, though, please be aware that some of the content probably isn't appropriate for work.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2387 on: November 04, 2016, 03:19:30 PM »
I love ginger. My grandma used to cook with it all the time back home, using big chunks, but I had never had it as a tea before coming to Korea. At my first school, my CoT was out sick for a couple of weeks and they brought in this super sweet old lady substitute co who made me fresh ginger tea every day. It was strong, but so good! I have been a fan since.

As for the mystery tea, if I do figure it out, you can have a mug while baking your mayo-choco cake.

I'm basically addicted to ginger. Tea is an easy way for me to get my fix.

Yes, I might even add it to my mayo-choco cake. Yum.
Of course today is the first day they don't have the tea for me to sniff out!

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2388 on: November 04, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »
Sounds very zen!
Actually, it's a quote from a guest verse on Lil B's song "I Look Like Hannah Montana," and it's actually 'My ring is a mansion,' which means it's really big / he is rich.

I'm glad you realized it. Lil B always promotes #positive feelings and he is extremely zen. Lil B loves you. If you do decide to youtube the song, though, please be aware that some of the content probably isn't appropriate for work.
Ah, sorry for the misquote (it'll never happen again, promise!). And +1 for the warning!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2389 on: November 04, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »
On average how many times a day do you say "Hello'

I honestly have started to dislike the word!

You can add 'delicious' and 'handsome' to that list of words that have lost all meaning since I have lived in Korea. 

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2390 on: November 04, 2016, 03:48:04 PM »
Sounds very zen!

Ah, sorry for the misquote (it'll never happen again, promise!). And +1 for the warning!

That's okay. Lil B promotes #positive #rare music and real art. He's always cutie.

Offline DLJL

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2391 on: November 04, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »
Anyone else find the JLP co-ordinator to be about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition?

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2392 on: November 04, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »
Teachers' meeting yesterday, we were informed "no more heater", as the electricity bill was off the charts.

I wish they would at least tone back winter camp for the same reason. :P I've been informed, that I have to do 6-7 weeks of camp during the 8-9 week long winter break. >.< I get to choose when I want my vacation, and everything around my vacation is winter camp.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2393 on: November 04, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »

I wish they would at least tone back winter camp for the same reason. :P I've been informed, that I have to do 6-7 weeks of camp during the 8-9 week long winter break. >.< I get to choose when I want my vacation, and everything around my vacation is winter camp.

Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2394 on: November 04, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »
Geezus, 6-7 weeks of camp? Thankfully my school schedules never align so I generally only do camp with one school.

So I requested my payslip from admin. Apparently this caused the admin. creep to enter the teacher's office and speak at length at my coT during which he said "payslip" and "pension" and my name multiple times in the otherwise Korean conversation. Wonder if my paycheck being noticeably less than usual has a legitimate reason as to why. But honestly, how hard is it to print off that one piece of paper and hand it over?  :rolleyes:

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2395 on: November 04, 2016, 04:37:07 PM »

In one school?? Elementary??

Horrible  :huh: :huh:

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2396 on: November 04, 2016, 04:38:42 PM »

That is what I wanted to tell my co-teacher, however I questioned why that much camp - I highly doubt the students want to spend their entire vacation doing camp. I got told, its so I can leave early instead of having to waste time deskwarming haha.

Geezus, 6-7 weeks of camp? Thankfully my school schedules never align so I generally only do camp with one school.

So I requested my payslip from admin. Apparently this caused the admin. creep to enter the teacher's office and speak at length at my coT during which he said "payslip" and "pension" and my name multiple times in the otherwise Korean conversation. Wonder if my paycheck being noticeably less than usual has a legitimate reason as to why. But honestly, how hard is it to print off that one piece of paper and hand it over?  :rolleyes:

Luckily, out of my 3 schools, only 2 will be doing camp. My main and ele travel school. The ele travel school is only going to be 4 days of camp. My main school is everything else when I'm not on vacation / elementary camp. >.<
Hopefully the students won't want to do it. I'm struggling to come up with a week worth of winter camp stuff already >.<

In one school?? Elementary??

Horrible  :huh: :huh:

2 schools
1 week of elementary winter camp, 5 - 6 weeks of middle school winter camp. >.<

Offline Arclight

• Adventurer
« Reply #2397 on: November 04, 2016, 04:48:18 PM »
I set up a tripod to record my Drama Club's performance in the School Festival since I'm conducting the students.  Oblivious to everything around her, one of the mothers rushes in front of the camera, knocks over my tripod and camera, barely gives it a glance and continues to take a video on her phone!  I have 30 seconds of our performance and a 5 minute horizontal shot of her fat ass!   Luckily there were gym mats on the floor so the camera is okay but man, the disregard for others is just ridiculous!   >:(

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2398 on: November 04, 2016, 04:49:01 PM »
Very bizarre situation, as public school positions usually require no more than 5 weeks of camp per year (2 during one break and 3 weeks during the other).

I take it you don't do camps during the summer?

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2399 on: November 04, 2016, 04:53:17 PM »

Maybe they're trying to cover something up?  :shocked:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment