December 11, 2017, 11:58:30 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594317 times)

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #960 on: September 12, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »
god damn I'm having a such hard time coming up with an activity for pop song class  :cry:

Im sure you could search this site. There are a lot of lessons that are already prepped and they are all specific to pop songs. just search the lesson plan section of the site.

Also, I so feel for you with this class. It sounds like total bullshit, but we so what we must and what our director/principal/CoT desires....

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #961 on: September 12, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »
Abs are really small muscles that are hard to build and define, and they normally don't show unless you've successfully managed to burn enough subcutaneous fat from the region in the first place.

Many people have success with this by focusing on high-intensity full-body cardio exercise that involve a lot of core movement and kicking. You have to engage in this form of exercise frequently enough (for most people I think it needs to be at least 4 times a week but no more than 6?) and for a long-enough duration of time in each session to eventually see results as well. Metabolism, genetics, and diet will also effect how long it will take.

Cross-fit is apparently super-effective for this. Tae-bo and the Insanity workout did it for my brother.

• Veteran
« Reply #962 on: September 12, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »
Abs are really small muscles that are hard to build and define, and they normally don't show unless you've successfully managed to burn enough subcutaneous fat from the region in the first place.

Many people have success with this by focusing on high-intensity full-body cardio exercise that involve a lot of core movement and kicking. You have to engage in this form of exercise frequently enough (for most people I think it needs to be at least 4 times a week but no more than 6?) and for a long-enough duration of time in each session to eventually see results as well. Metabolism, genetics, and diet will also effect how long it will take.

Cross-fit is apparently super-effective for this. Tae-bo and the Insanity workout did it for my brother.

JUST GO TO GANGNAM AND GET IS ALL SUCKED OUT OF YOUR GUT FOR  2MILLION WON!!! DONE!!!! DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT ANYMORE>

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #963 on: September 12, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
JUST GO TO GANGNAM AND GET IS ALL SUCKED OUT OF YOUR GUT FOR  2MILLION WON!!! DONE!!!! DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT ANYMORE>

WHATEVER WORKS

MAY I SUGGEST IMPLANTS AS WELL

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #964 on: September 12, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »

Actually liposuction is pretty bad for you because it only gets rid of subcutaneous fat (which is necessary for a healthy body) rather than visceral fat (which is really terrible for long-term health).

• Veteran
« Reply #965 on: September 12, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »

Actually liposuction is pretty bad for you because it only gets rid of subcutaneous fat (which is necessary for a healthy body) rather than visceral fat (which is really terrible for long-term health).

If you are already healthy and in good shape but have a stubborn area of fat that wont yield to exercise/diet , there is ntohing wrong with some lipo. I would suggest maybe altering eating/exercise habits first. Lipo isnt an awful option if you are healthy. And it is cheap here.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #966 on: September 12, 2016, 03:27:23 PM »

If you are already healthy and in good shape but have a stubborn area of fat that wont yield to exercise/diet , there is ntohing wrong with some lipo. I would suggest maybe altering eating/exercise habits first. Lipo isnt an awful option if you are healthy. And it is cheap here.
Since liposuction sucks out the fat cells (rather than reducing them) does that mean they wont come back? or will new fat cells grow?  Not that I'm thinking of doing so... just curious

• Veteran
« Reply #967 on: September 12, 2016, 03:30:12 PM »

Since liposuction sucks out the fat cells (rather than reducing them) does that mean they wont come back? or will new fat cells grow?  Not that I'm thinking of doing so... just curious

yea, the fat cells that are removed are gone permanently.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #968 on: September 12, 2016, 03:39:03 PM »
I had a mate who had this done in Daegu for a very reasonable price. Pre and post services were in English as well. It's been 5 years and she's still very happy with the procedure: they definitely did a good job.
   I'm not a fan of plastic surgery in general, but if you feel it's necessary, South Korea is certainly the place to do it in.

• Veteran
« Reply #969 on: September 12, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »

yea, the fat cells that are removed are gone permanently.

Waaaaaait. What?

But... I'm no scientist... but... can't your body just, make... new... fat?

Honestly, I'm genuinely asking and not trying to argue or anything. I didn't know lipo was like semi-permanent. This is intriguing.

ok...

You are born with a certain number of fat cells and they swell and shrink depending on what you eat and your metabolism. If you have a large accumulation of fat in one area, lipo is a good way to remove this fat from parts of your body. Also you have to think about visual aesthetics. You must find a good doctor who can sculpt out just enough fat to make the area look in balance with the rest of your body. If you gain weight after liposuction the remaining fat cells will continue to grow as they did before just proportionally to the rest of your body. You must find a good doctor because you do run the risk of having too much fat sucked out of your body. (Think Tara Reid's stomach)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #970 on: September 13, 2016, 08:50:08 AM »
I had a friend who had some lipo done to body sculpt, not to lose weight. She just didn't like the way her butt was shaped, lol. It was a minor process, she did her research and found a good doctor with a good reputation.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:45:37 PM by Chinguetti »

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #971 on: September 13, 2016, 01:18:01 PM »
contrary to what was thought for a long time, it is actually possible to gain new fat cells later in life: http://news.health.ufl.edu/2011/15154/multimedia/health-in-a-heartbeat/adults-can-grow-new-fat-cells-after-all-study-shows/. it's also not possible to spot-reduce fat - ie. reduce fat in only one place of your body.

to lose weight and/or fat, the method is pretty simple: work out what your current calorie intake is, and reduce that by 2-300 calories per month until you get to a weight or body fat % you're happy with. if you want abs, you need to be around 10% body fat. but even less than 15% body fat will look good.

to work out what your current calorie intake is, eat your normal diet over the course of 1-2 weeks but put EVERYTHING you eat or drink into My Fitness Pal (https://www.myfitnesspal.com/). and i mean EVERYTHING, because there are a lot of hidden calories in stuff. for example, those Maxim mix coffee sticks contain around 100 calories each. drink 2-3 of those a day and you're getting an extra 2-300 calories per day that you might not have realized.

and that's pretty much it. how your reduce your calories is entirely up to you. you can eat less food, or you can change to healthier food which has less calories, or use some combination of those 2 methods. no need to crash diet or change your diet if you don't want to. you could eat McDonald's every day and still lose weight, although wouldn't be the healthiest way.

not even any need to exercise if you don't want to, although exercise is healthy and will help you to use up more calories every day. if you hate having a healthy, pain-free spine then by all means go ahead and do crossfit.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #972 on: September 13, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »
contrary to what was thought for a long time, it is actually possible to gain new fat cells later in life: http://news.health.ufl.edu/2011/15154/multimedia/health-in-a-heartbeat/adults-can-grow-new-fat-cells-after-all-study-shows/. it's also not possible to spot-reduce fat - ie. reduce fat in only one place of your body.

to lose weight and/or fat, the method is pretty simple: work out what your current calorie intake is, and reduce that by 2-300 calories per month until you get to a weight or body fat % you're happy with. if you want abs, you need to be around 10% body fat. but even less than 15% body fat will look good.

to work out what your current calorie intake is, eat your normal diet over the course of 1-2 weeks but put EVERYTHING you eat or drink into My Fitness Pal (https://www.myfitnesspal.com/). and i mean EVERYTHING, because there are a lot of hidden calories in stuff. for example, those Maxim mix coffee sticks contain around 100 calories each. drink 2-3 of those a day and you're getting an extra 2-300 calories per day that you might not have realized.

and that's pretty much it. how your reduce your calories is entirely up to you. you can eat less food, or you can change to healthier food which has less calories, or use some combination of those 2 methods. no need to crash diet or change your diet if you don't want to. you could eat McDonald's every day and still lose weight, although wouldn't be the healthiest way.

not even any need to exercise if you don't want to, although exercise is healthy and will help you to use up more calories every day. if you hate having a healthy, pain-free spine then by all means go ahead and do crossfit.
I'm just gonna piggyback off of this to say that you can gain fat cells by eating unhealthily, but you can't lose fat cells without lipo, you can only shrink them. This is why it's super hard to lose weight and people find that they have a barrier for how much weight they can lose through diet and exercise alone. Because even if you've shrunken all your fat cells to the size they were in high school, you probably wouldn't be at high school weight, due to having more fat cells in your body than back then.

Offline JackRoxby

• Veteran
« Reply #973 on: September 13, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »
No one is getting abs whilst they are eating rice for lunch everyday!

I tell myelf everyday I am gonna say no to the rice...im so weak so very very weak.

The best way to burn fat and get your abs to show is through what is called fasted cardio. So basically do an hour or so of running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will see the fat disappear!!

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #974 on: September 13, 2016, 02:14:15 PM »
You get the best longterm results with a combination of exercise, day-to-day normal activity, and proper eating (i.e. food choices and proportion sizes).

Be careful with calorie counting, many people take this too far -- you really need to get enough calories in your intake per day in order to prevent yourself from going into a nutritional deficit (which you will feel later in life if you turn it into a consistent thing) -- although, yeah, a lot of people do need to cut down on how much they eat.

As for spot-burning, no, this isn't really possible, but a full body cardio workout (that focuses on fat-burn in general) with an emphasis on core movement that includes a lot of kicking/leg lifts/etc. will help to sculpt and firm the region. It also tightens the skin in the area and smooths it out (unless you do things to lose too much weight too quickly). All of this will lead to a slimming appearance more quickly.

For the rest of it, most people aren't active enough. Our bodies really aren't meant for a sedentary lifestyle and operates on a use-it-or-lose-it rule of thumb. My advice on the type of activity AND exercise you want to engage in is do your research on how to properly execute it. Crossfit only leads to shoulder/spinal injuries if you do too much of it and use improper form, but there are plenty of other options that are just as effective if you want to avoid the risk (however, just know that ANY form of workout carries risks of injury -- form above function, it makes a big difference).

I tell myelf everyday I am gonna say no to the rice...im so weak so very very weak.

The best way to burn fat and get your abs to show is through what is called fasted cardio. So basically do an hour or so of running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will see the fat disappear!!

Yeah, this is true, it kickstarts your metabolism and gets it into the fat-burning zone more quickly (and leads to more calories getting burned throughout the day) -- but you also need to get food into your system shortly after the workout. I think you have something like a 40 minute window for optimal absorption? A lot of people will drink chocolate milk right after (supposed to have the perfect blend of fat, protein, calcium, whatever for muscle rebuilding).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:09:09 PM by Chinguetti »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #975 on: September 13, 2016, 02:14:36 PM »
Today I went to the store with the full intention of buying an iPhone SE.  I am using a Galaxy S4mini, and like the small size.

So I picked up the demo model with my right hand, and the model 6 that was beside it... the 6 isn't that much bigger, is quite a bit thinner, and the screen seams more than proportionaly larger.

So I put the SE down, and did the same with the 6 and 6 Plus.  Hmmm...

If I got that form factor, I could get rid of my iPad mini.  I usually use the car's bluetooth for calls, so the small size isn't a big deal afterall.

I looked at a buddy's Note5 a couple of days ago, and it fits in a shirt pocket... that's another option.  It got better reviews than the iPhone 6s, and should have a lower price now that that Note7 is out.

I hate shopping for tech!

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #976 on: September 13, 2016, 02:14:50 PM »
do an hour or so of running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will see the fat disappear!!

I would rather be fat.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #977 on: September 13, 2016, 03:50:34 PM »
I'm on the market for a new phone, too. Been putting it off because I hate shopping for this sort of thing as well.

Finally made up my mind to get a Galaxy 7 because I'd decided that I needed something more physically durable, but in light of the manu-defects coming out with the Note7 and the lack of water resistance in the Active, I've changed my mind. There are some quality control issues there, and I'll probably eventually get pissed off at the lack of RAM optimization. Going with the iPhone 6S Plus because it handles itself beautifully, will remain easy to buy accessories for, and still has a jack.

I'm getting a pink one. c:

RANT: I took down that glass thing that covers my bedroom light so that I could change the lightbulb -- leaned it up against the wall to keep it out of the way, but my pants (!!!) somehow got snagged on one of its corners and it fell and shattered.

So I've cleaned up the mess, vacuumed the entire apartment several times, and gone over every inch of the floor with a steam mop and microfiber cloth.

But I know there's a shard of glass about as thin as a spider's silk strand just waiting for my foot somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:31:47 AM by Chinguetti »

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #978 on: September 13, 2016, 09:03:01 PM »

That's certainly a very good way to get abs to show, but to maintain that type of routine, I think not. You'd quickly get burned out and give up.
Maintaining a well defined 6-pack ultimately comes down to your attitude, priorities and genetics will give you a big boost.

Regarding attitude and priorities, if you want to have a 6-pack year round, you have to be a bit narcissistic. Looking good pretty much will take priority over enjoying food, you'll have to cut out or REALLY minimise alcohol, sugar, carbs and basically anything sinful for as long as you want your 6-pack. The only way around this is if you have a warp speed metabolism, and even then, abs only start showing at 10% BF for guys. Then you've got to assume that your body isn't going to prioritise storing fat around your midsection, if it does, you'll have to drop your BF even lower for it to be visible.

Once you've got your BF down, they won't look jaw dropping unless you train them... hard!
This means compound exercises, as well as 360 degree ab isolation stuff; I find hanging bar leg raise variations to be the most brutal and effective, get off the floor! 

Then you've got to be aware that you're training your abs properly. I shake my head at the sight of all these Koreans, at the gym, rolling around on the floor doing insane numbers of "rolling" to work abs.
The job of your abs is to stop your torso from twisting, so you'll get maximum results by counter-rotating. If you do a bicycle crunch, for example, and you're twisting your torso to touch your left knee with your right elbow it's critical that you train your abs to do it's job be counter-rotating; keep your abs from rotating in the direction that your torso is twisting. You'll immediately notice your ab exercise has gotten significantly harder when you brace your abs to avoid rotating in the same direction as your torso, and that is how you train your abs to do their job and get that 6-pack.

Best wishes and train hard!

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #979 on: September 14, 2016, 05:37:20 AM »

That's certainly a very good way to get abs to show, but to maintain that type of routine, I think not. You'd quickly get burned out and give up.
Maintaining a well defined 6-pack ultimately comes down to your attitude, priorities and genetics will give you a big boost.

Regarding attitude and priorities, if you want to have a 6-pack year round, you have to be a bit narcissistic. Looking good pretty much will take priority over enjoying food, you'll have to cut out or REALLY minimise alcohol, sugar, carbs and basically anything sinful for as long as you want your 6-pack. The only way around this is if you have a warp speed metabolism, and even then, abs only start showing at 10% BF for guys. Then you've got to assume that your body isn't going to prioritise storing fat around your midsection, if it does, you'll have to drop your BF even lower for it to be visible.

Once you've got your BF down, they won't look jaw dropping unless you train them... hard!
This means compound exercises, as well as 360 degree ab isolation stuff; I find hanging bar leg raise variations to be the most brutal and effective, get off the floor! 

Then you've got to be aware that you're training your abs properly. I shake my head at the sight of all these Koreans, at the gym, rolling around on the floor doing insane numbers of "rolling" to work abs.
The job of your abs is to stop your torso from twisting, so you'll get maximum results by counter-rotating. If you do a bicycle crunch, for example, and you're twisting your torso to touch your left knee with your right elbow it's critical that you train your abs to do it's job be counter-rotating; keep your abs from rotating in the direction that your torso is twisting. You'll immediately notice your ab exercise has gotten significantly harder when you brace your abs to avoid rotating in the same direction as your torso, and that is how you train your abs to do their job and get that 6-pack.

Best wishes and train hard!

Actually it's not that hard. Wake up early and do your cardio. You fast while you sleep.

I've been doing it for years (though my six pack disappeared back in uni....).  For added effect, down a coffee a few minutes before you go.