November 19, 2017, 09:15:33 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564000 times)

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #760 on: September 05, 2016, 12:19:21 PM »
Not a rant or a vent, but its not about sheets either.

I feel like all my friends are leaving. I guess I have hit that point where people go. In the last year, 7 of my friends have left, and by next semester, 4 more will leave. I'm starting to get really bummed out.

Offline Somebody

• Super Waygook
« Reply #761 on: September 05, 2016, 12:23:12 PM »

I feel like all my friends are leaving. I guess I have hit that point where people go. In the last year, 7 of my friends have left, and by next semester, 4 more will leave. I'm starting to get really bummed out.

That's better, HaLo. That's more rant-like.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #762 on: September 05, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »

It sucks to watch your friends go, but it's an opportunity to make new friends. I don't know about you, but I didn't come all the way to Korea to hang with the same people for the rest of my life.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #763 on: September 05, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »

My orientation was tiny and I think only half are renewing. I might know like 7 teachers next year, lol.

Offline kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
« Reply #764 on: September 05, 2016, 12:36:15 PM »

It sucks to watch your friends go, but it's an opportunity to make new friends. I don't know about you, but I didn't come all the way to Korea to hang with the same people for the rest of my life.

It does become exhausting after a few years though, constantly saying goodbye to people you've made real bonds with. I personally like to have few, really close friends, than loads of people I don't know so well. I've always been like that though.

Anyways I feel you Halo3, my closest friend here had to suddenly leave and I'm feeling a bit lost now. Guess it's time to go out and find new people...again.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #765 on: September 05, 2016, 12:39:24 PM »

That's better, HaLo. That's more rant-like.
Happy to oblige.

Nothing wrong with keeping the same friends that you really click with. That being said, I'm trying to work on making new friends and meeting new people, but I feel out of practice since I left college.

My orientation was tiny and I think only half are renewing. I might know like 7 teachers next year, lol.
Haha yeah, after this semester, not counting my bf, I think I'll have like 4 or 5 friends left.

Offline Somebody

• Super Waygook
« Reply #766 on: September 05, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »
Come on guys, what is this, a feel-good convention? Where's the  :evil:?

Offline waygook2016

• Waygookin
« Reply #767 on: September 05, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »

I WISH MY COWORKERS WOULD STOP SANDWICH-SHAMING ME.

And yes, that's a thing.

Sorry I don't want your kimchi. Or your boiled egg. Or whatever other nonsense you put on my desk this morning. I didn't mean to insult your ancestors or whatever.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #768 on: September 05, 2016, 12:46:27 PM »

And yes, that's a thing.

Sorry I don't want your kimchi. Or your boiled egg. Or whatever other nonsense you put on my desk this morning. I didn't mean to insult your ancestors or whatever.
Offer them a bite.

:)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #769 on: September 05, 2016, 12:48:15 PM »

♫ If you're happy and you know it, get the **** out ♫ :azn:

HaLo3, I know what you mean. This is only my third year, but every semester except the first I've had to say goodbye to one or two friends. I don't typically hang out with lots of people to begin with so those one or two felt like five. I just said goodbye to another friend three weeks ago and it's tough. This is my last semester so I've decided not to meet anymore people. How much longer do you plan on staying in Korea?

Offline Somebody

• Super Waygook
« Reply #770 on: September 05, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »

And yes, that's a thing.

Alright! That's more like it!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #771 on: September 05, 2016, 12:52:22 PM »
In terms of rants: My darn 3rd grade middle schoolers. I set up a searching game where they had to go around the classroom and find parts of stories that were hidden. I told them 4 times to not move any papers they found. One of the teams found the paper by the window and ripped it off and threw it outside, to the road 3 floors down.  :rolleyes:

♫ If you're happy and you know it, get the **** out ♫ :azn:

HaLo3, I know what you mean. This is only my third year, but every semester except the first I've had to say goodbye to one or two friends. I don't typically hang out with lots of people to begin with so those one or two felt like five. I just said goodbye to another friend three weeks ago and it's tough. This is my last semester so I've decided not to meet anymore people. How much longer do you plan on staying in Korea?
At this point, unknown. I know I'm not staying at this school for another year, thinking about studying though. I'm not entirely ready to go home, and that is in part because of my bf.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:56:03 PM by HaLo3 »

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #772 on: September 05, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »
I've complained about Mr Baek restaurants before (In summary, he takes over neighbourhoods with his bazillion restos and puts his god damn face on everything. That said, I don't hate him personally fwiw).

So, I text my girlfriend,  :afro: "Hey, what's for dinner?" She works from home and makes dinner most days.

:-* "Hmmmmm, I think Japanese 부타동."

:afro: thinking *what the hell is that?*

So, I google the food and lo and behold, who's there to greet me in the second picture. This muthafucca.

:-* "It's a sign that you love him"

>:( >:( >:(

Offline gagevt

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #773 on: September 05, 2016, 01:20:12 PM »
any comments that target other users will be deleted, as will hateful remarks, and repeat offenders will quickly be deleted and banned.

Perhaps the mods are busy, but I'm not sure why the above user is allowed to repeatedly stock and harass.

To be clear, I have ZERO interest in others opinions or side-commentary on my posts (not sure where anyone would get the idea that I ever gave a toss).

If you don't have any constructive advice for the OP, move along.

Actually yeah with the new year starting up, a lot of us are very busy. We don't have time to read every post in every thread (this is actually true most of the time), so if you have a legitimate concern with a user or post, then report it. It helps us to help you. Thanks!

As a bit of an aside:

The biggest or most common mistake people make on this site is responding to a post that offends them, then getting into a heated argument where both they themselves as well as the person they originally replied to get warned or worse. Instead of replying in the heat of the moment, take a bit to think about what you want to tell that person. If what you want to say breaks the ToS, then simply report them instead (Even if what you want to say doesn't break the ToS, still report them). If the post warrants action, we'll take care of it as soon as possible.

I was going to end it after the "thanks" up there, but figured this rant/information in a pretty active thread might help new and older users alike.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #774 on: September 05, 2016, 01:21:52 PM »
I've complained about Mr Baek restaurants before (In summary, he takes over neighbourhoods with his bazillion restos and puts his god damn face on everything. That said, I don't hate him personally fwiw).

I hate the guy with a passion.  Bar the fact his punchable face is literally everywhere.  He is also on that f*cking cooking program with that chubby, sweaty guy, Kim Ji Min (who looks like she never eats) and other f*cking celebrities literally watching people flattening cutlets with a hammer to the sound of gasping and '맛있다' and '어!먹고싶어'.  Visiting ramyeon restaurants and commenting on a f*cking bowl of MSG-loaded instant noodle dish with some chopped chives and an egg on top!!!  Wow!!  Hey, presentation!!! Those chives are the healthiest part of that food!

Also he is the chairman or whatever you'd call it of Yesan High School.  My friend works there.  At the start of the year, teachers were warned to not have scandals or do another illegal because it would affect his brand.  W*nker!

After nearly ten years here, I still don't understand Koreans' obsession with any kind of eatable food.    :cry: Reflected perfectly in their terrible terrible cooking shows.  Hey, look, someone is cooking intestines!!! 맛있다!!  There is nothing nice about watching intestines cook, or watching a squid dying in a pan of red water. 

*I think I finished....... ㅠㅠ)

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #775 on: September 05, 2016, 01:43:42 PM »

It does become exhausting after a few years though, constantly saying goodbye to people you've made real bonds with. I personally like to have few, really close friends, than loads of people I don't know so well. I've always been like that though.

Anyways I feel you Halo3, my closest friend here had to suddenly leave and I'm feeling a bit lost now. Guess it's time to go out and find new people...again.

Me too. This Monday my final friend will leave, Then i'll only have my BF.

I think it's really easy for people to say "Just make new friends" but it's not like that for some people, I live in a small city, Only a couple of new EPIK people came and I can't even find out who they are!  :cry:

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #776 on: September 05, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »

Me too. This Monday my final friend will leave, Then i'll only have my BF.

I think it's really easy for people to say "Just make new friends" but it's not like that for some people, I live in a small city, Only a couple of new EPIK people came and I can't even find out who they are!  :cry:

Yeh, I don't have any friends anymore.  They all left me.  I don't blame them.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #777 on: September 05, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »
Video games are gonna be my friends this next year. They'll never leave me.  :laugh: :laugh:

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #778 on: September 05, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
Thanks for chiming in gatevt.

Some posters are quite odd in thinking that side commentary on one's tone or tenor is ever needed.  It's harassment, pure and simple.

I was addressing the OP with the advice given.  Others are sure to have different advice and experiences to share.  Share it and move on.

If you disagree with what someone posted, disagree with it.  There is no need to make a personal attack.

I procrastinate and kill time posting here.  I don't deliberately go out of my way to be nasty, rude, or insensitive to anyone, but I'm not going to beat around the bush, either.  We aren't friends.

It's frank, terse, and abrupt. 

If a user doesn't like my manner, lump it.  When you see my name, ignore my posts.  Easy enough.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #779 on: September 05, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
Video games are gonna be my friends this next year. They'll never leave me.  :laugh: :laugh:

I feel the same way about Netflix......apart from that one time it did leave me because they actually cracked down on VPNs  :cry: :cry: but I forgive and forget and we are happy together now.