October 17, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 518841 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7440 on: September 08, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »
I read that exact comment / thread on FB ;P
My co-teachers made me a cheatsheet on how to log my regular travel school visits, and it's not hard, but I still have no idea about vacation or sick days. I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes. :P

I was vaguely worried that the person who commented on that post would see me on here whinging about it  :laugh:

Requesting vacation time is easy, don't sweat it (at least in NEIS, depends on your VP or P as well I suppose  :P)!  I haven't used a sick day yet but I imagine it wouldn't be much different in terms of difficulty/ease. 

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7441 on: September 08, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »
I read that exact comment / thread on FB ;P
My co-teachers made me a cheatsheet on how to log my regular travel school visits, and it's not hard, but I still have no idea about vacation or sick days. I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes. :P

I was vaguely worried that the person who commented on that post would see me on here whinging about it  :laugh:

Requesting vacation time is easy, don't sweat it (at least in NEIS, depends on your VP or P as well I suppose  :P)!  I haven't used a sick day yet but I imagine it wouldn't be much different in terms of difficulty/ease.

Well, it wasn't me who posted it, and I can't be bothered posting on it haha.
Though, this is my 2nd year in Korea, and the first time I've had to use NEIS, it doesn't seem so hard though (maybe cause my co-teachers walked me through it and made me a pretty good cheatsheet).
Last year, I just texted my co-teacher if I was sick, or talked to him about vacation, and everything was always okay. This whole NEIS system is new to me. :p

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7442 on: September 11, 2017, 10:08:22 AM »
Being a simple person, who likes simple pleasures I get frustrated when the air is bad.  Last week, I had night class from Monday to Thursday, finishing at 8-9pm.  My one thing I look forward to is that I can hike at the weekend.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday all had terrible terrible air.  All compounded today by the fact it rained a lot last night and has cleared the air.
 Now I'm back to the grindstone with night classes from Monday to Thursday again.  If next weekend has the same, I'm gonna be fuming. 

Offline gidget

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7443 on: September 11, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »
...begs the question as to why the korean teachers who are responsible for our NEIS stuff treat it as if it's some huge inconvenience in their lives. less than 5 minutes to put in a business trip or something.
I think they're also supposed to run any time off request by a NET through the P or VP. The liaison teacher's level of annoyance at your request may depend on how pleasant the people in these positions are to converse with.  At the very least, it requires them to get out of their chair and walk down and up at least one flight of stairs. Plus, if they didn't let you know that it was a huge inconvenience, you would have no idea how hard they work.
any request for time off by anyone period needs to be approved by the P and/or VP. but that approval is done via the NEIS system. you have to enter the authorization chain on NEIS. there's no need to leave your seat at all.
Mine have to get physical authorisation before they can enter anything (for their trips and my own). They get grilled by the head-teacher and/or VP about it.

Depending on the teacher they have to make lots of trips up and down stairs.

Offline gidget

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7444 on: September 11, 2017, 10:39:13 AM »
While I'm on this board - the Lesson Plan Download thread was locked before I could ask my question: before asking everyone to pay why not set a monthly download limit like a 100mb. Anything above that has to be paid.

Also, surely one can see the users who download the most from forum reports? Can't those users be blocked?

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7445 on: September 11, 2017, 10:54:25 AM »
Mine have to get physical authorisation before they can enter anything (for their trips and my own). They get grilled by the head-teacher and/or VP about it.

THIS!!!

It is seems so defeatist to have this online system when so many can't let go of the old way of doing things.

Anyone know of any other reason for it to be done in that way (seeking prior approval, before submitting)?

Offline gidget

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7446 on: September 11, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
I was told paperwork.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #7447 on: September 11, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
Some warning about the pay system would be nice.

Just Paypal? I don't have paypal. Ugh.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7448 on: September 11, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
A little while back, some inconsiderate meathead stole my nice umbrella from the gym. It wasn't a 5000원 POS from the local super either.

Now, I've got a nice, new umbrella that I'm afraid to take anywhere.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7449 on: September 11, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »
School is cancelled due to dangerous weather for students only.. because who cares about the safety of the teachers am I right?

But also what the F*CK at the parents who still sent their kids walking to school today. Are they insane? The roads are flooded up to my shins, traffic lights are out, cars are stalled in the middle of the road, and there are children walking alone to a nearly empty school. Insane.

Offline Sikered

• Waygookin
« Reply #7450 on: September 11, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »
School is cancelled due to dangerous weather for students only.. because who cares about the safety of the teachers am I right?

But also what the F*CK at the parents who still sent their kids walking to school today. Are they insane? The roads are flooded up to my shins, traffic lights are out, cars are stalled in the middle of the road, and there are children walking alone to a nearly empty school. Insane.

At least your school cancelled classes =| Mine is still running.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7451 on: September 11, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »

At least your school cancelled classes =| Mine is still running.

Same here :\

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #7452 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »
Some warning about the pay system would be nice.

Just Paypal? I don't have paypal. Ugh.
+1

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7453 on: September 11, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »
Dangerous weather?

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7454 on: September 11, 2017, 11:42:17 AM »
Dangerous weather?

It's raining today.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7455 on: September 11, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »
Dangerous weather?

Not sure, but I, and everyone else in the office, got the emergency message this morning about something. It's all in Korean, so I can't read it, and my co-workers wouldn't tell me.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7456 on: September 11, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
Dangerous weather?

It's raining today.

It's a little more than just raining where I am.
The streets around my school are totally flooded, lights are out and cars can't get through. There are cops everywhere blocking off roads that can't be used and the ones that can be used are bumper to bumper unmoving traffic. My school is separated by a bridge and the water under it has reached the bottom and is even covering the bridge in some areas. If this rain keeps up getting home is seriously going to be a bitch.

I just walked around the school, Most teachers are not even here. Some students are just sitting in empty classrooms playing phone games. No lunch today, lovely.

Offline Sikered

• Waygookin
« Reply #7457 on: September 11, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
Dangerous weather?

Not sure, but I, and everyone else in the office, got the emergency message this morning about something. It's all in Korean, so I can't read it, and my co-workers wouldn't tell me.

Both of them were warning of the rain that causes flooding. Im in Dongnae and it tends to flood pretty badly here (in Korean standards at least). Was up to my shins

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7458 on: September 11, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »

THIS!!!

It is seems so defeatist to have this online system when so many can't let go of the old way of doing things.

Anyone know of any other reason for it to be done in that way (seeking prior approval, before submitting)?

I assume it's just the cultural hierarchy thing.  My coT and I would go together to ask the principal permission for special things like my vacation dates.  He was super chill though; my coT said she was sure everything was fine but that it was just the polite thing to do. 

But for basic requests like just going to a travel school? I just have to request approval from the head teacher via NEIS.  We don't bother the principal over something so minor as that.  (If we did, we'd be bothering him thrice a week)

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7459 on: September 11, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »
 I'm so done with work and Korea in general, I want to just sleep until my contract is up.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment