October 20, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 523393 times)

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7400 on: September 07, 2017, 08:32:50 PM »
Yirj17,

Appreciate the comments.

Be well.

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7401 on: September 07, 2017, 09:41:14 PM »
Fonzie wouldn't talk to Pecan, and neither should anyone else.

Let us aaaaayyyyyyyy.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7402 on: September 08, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
Rant: maybe certain arguments can not be had all over the ranting thread. Create a thread or inbox each other. It displeases me. I do not like being displeased. It is not the arguing thread, it's the ranting/venting thread. Make a pointless argument thread. That would be good. :laugh: :blank: :P

In other news I am being kicked out of my classroom now (they are having a meeting in here with parentals), with nowhere to go. So I am truly just standing in a hallway with bags of my shit for English Art class waiting for an opportunity to grab a classroom.

YES! Like an argument thread - no rules, always disagree, always debate. It would be like Battle Royale, who will survive? but no hard feelings held outside the thread.

I love having a good row sometimes.

There used to be one on Expatkorea called 'Fight Club' which worked well.

Bring that here and Pennypie would be hitting me with her Daily Mail, while swigging from her Bacardi Breezer and calling me a tawt.  I'll just be sitting here drinking ovaltine and waiting for Marks and Sparks to open to 'get me bitz'.

U sayin im ruf bruv?

I used to shop at Waitrose discount section. Marks and Spencer is a little.....high street....for my tastes.  :undecided:

Barcardi Breezer! Aaah so many teenage memories.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7403 on: September 08, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
Rant: maybe certain arguments can not be had all over the ranting thread. Create a thread or inbox each other. It displeases me. I do not like being displeased. It is not the arguing thread, it's the ranting/venting thread. Make a pointless argument thread. That would be good. :laugh: :blank: :P

In other news I am being kicked out of my classroom now (they are having a meeting in here with parentals), with nowhere to go. So I am truly just standing in a hallway with bags of my shit for English Art class waiting for an opportunity to grab a classroom.

YES! Like an argument thread - no rules, always disagree, always debate. It would be like Battle Royale, who will survive? but no hard feelings held outside the thread.

I love having a good row sometimes.

There used to be one on Expatkorea called 'Fight Club' which worked well.

Bring that here and Pennypie would be hitting me with her Daily Mail, while swigging from her Bacardi Breezer and calling me a tawt.  I'll just be sitting here drinking ovaltine and waiting for Marks and Sparks to open to 'get me bitz'.

U sayin im ruf bruv?

I used to shop at Waitrose discount section. Marks and Spencer is a little.....high street....for my tastes.  :undecided:

Barcardi Breezer! Aaah so many teenage memories.

Whatever Pennypie!  I know your type!

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7404 on: September 08, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »
I love how "is English not your first language?" reigns as the Ultimate Siq Burn around here.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7405 on: September 08, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »
Ate a whole batch of chocolate rice crispy treats all by myself within the span of two nights.  Happy to report there is no sign of cancer!
:)

Had any fairy bread lately?

Tried it once and wasn't a big fan, actually.  Looks better than it tastes.  Got plenty of other sources of poison though.

However, posters from the "peanut gallery" start chiming in "wish pecan were dead" etc. :)

I prefer my pecans roasted.   

As for the cancer comment-- it was an off the cuff remark that I did not perceive as actually wishing cancer upon me.  While there are indeed times when I find some of Pecan's comments to be nutty or even tactless, this occasion wasn't one of them and isn't one to get up in arms about.  This would be in the same vein as calling someone's cigarettes "cancer sticks." 

Anyway... a fight club thread sounds like it has potential to be mighty entertaining!  I imagine a great influx in sock accounts.

I mean, anybody that construed waygook.org user Pecan's cancer comment as being anything beyond a joke is seriously just looking for something to be upset about.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #7406 on: September 08, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
I mean, anybody that construed waygook.org user Pecan's cancer comment as being anything beyond a joke is seriously just looking for something to be upset about.

I didn't actually see the comment, I just remember yirj saying later it was something about her getting cancer.

But if it was just a bad joke and not an especially offensive one, something else must've got pecan muted. Time to put our detective hats back on.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #7407 on: September 08, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »
I love how "is English not your first language?" reigns as the Ultimate Siq Burn around here.

I prefer the rather cutting, "Your reading comprehension is terrible!"

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7408 on: September 08, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »
One of the things that irritates me more than almost anything else is people complaining about something, being shown a simple solution, ignoring it, and continuing to complain.

It's seriously maddening. People would rather gripe about something than fix it and have nothing to whine about.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7409 on: September 08, 2017, 01:56:45 PM »
One of the things that irritates me more than almost anything else is people complaining about something, being shown a simple solution, ignoring it, and continuing to complain.

It's seriously maddening. People would rather gripe about something than fix it and have nothing to whine about.

I had this experience yesterday with someone. Honestly, I think he was just looking for attention and sympathy rather than an actual solution.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7410 on: September 08, 2017, 01:59:41 PM »

Yeah like that guy with the humid apartment who refused to get an air con unit installed because supposedly his school would "go on about it."

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7411 on: September 08, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7412 on: September 08, 2017, 02:46:38 PM »
So I was giving a few files to my coT and I connected my USB to her computer, and, true to these POS bricks, it doesn't read my USB in a timely manner. I understand that it's just duhhhhing its way through the process, but coT calls over another teacher to "solve" the problem, anyway. Ofc, the computer reads the USB just as the other teacher arrives, but instead of accepting that we now got this he assumes that neither one of us knows how to transfer files from a USB to a computer (he knew what the original problem was, he just didn't want to go away after coming over), and he refuses to hand over control of the mouse to us. He then completely ignores me when I tell him which files I need to transfer, and proceeds to dump EVERYTHING from my USB onto the computer. We're talking 50 GB worth in random crap. And the coT only needed, like, 3 .pdf files and a movie.

It's not the mistake that annoyed me. It's the fact that this teacher would not listen to a ****** thing we told him and wouldn't let us do this simple thing for ourselves. I understand that he was only trying to help, but I also felt like he was trying to prove something, and the ****** weekend needs to hurry up and get here because I'm about to claw someone's eyes out.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7413 on: September 08, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »
One of my CTs refuses to sit next to me at lunch and I have no idea why.

It sounds really petty, and honestly I didn't care very much at first, but it's starting to seem a little mean spirited.

We sit at a table with several other teachers. We all sit wherever we want and get up and leave whenever we want, there is no usual seating chart although I do tend to set on the end with one of my other CTs since we both eat fast and leave early. Other teachers sit next to me no problem although I know they'd probably like to sit next to the teachers they are more friendly with. Really though, not much chatting goes on, and the CT who this comment is about is definitely not a big talker. But she does things like taking the only empty chair next to me and moving it to a spot on the other side of the table that's missing a chair and sitting there instead of just sitting next to me like anyone else would. She has done this a couple of times, moving chairs or sitting in inconvenient places so she doesn't have to sit next to me. I didn't care at first but when she does these things it's kind of embarrassing because it's really obvious what she's doing, and the other teachers probably wonder why my direct coworker is avoiding me at lunch.

Like I said, it sounds soooo petty but I have to admit it's slightly hurtful when she does things like moving the chair or sitting at some weird uncomfortable corner spot where no one else ever sits and the only other open seat is next to me. She's been doing this since I got to this school so I don't think I did anything to piss her off. The way she set things up for our class is I run the whole thing alone and she "helps" so I never even have to talk to her about lesson planning. When I go to teach in her room, she always leaves the class during break time and comes back several minutes into class so we have no small talk or even any greetings.  I'm not a big talker so it's not like I go out of my way to say much more than the standard polite things, she doesn't have to avoid me out of fear of speaking English... Is being around me really so terrible? Geez.

Maybe I'm too sensitive but just the fact that she's a grown woman avoiding me like I'm a damn leper makes me a little angry. I've never had any co-Ts act like this before, so it doesn't seem very mature or professional.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7414 on: September 08, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
^She sounds super petty and odd (is she xenophobic?) but honestly her actions probably just make her look like the weird one if anyone notices. 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7415 on: September 08, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »
Yeah, same. I had to deal with a similar situation, and I never did get to the bottom of it, but that teacher only succeeded in making herself appear very unprofessional and childish, even to fellow KTs. They just didn't tell her so to her face, although she had other personality issues that made her unpopular with the other KTs in general.

It's also possible that this woman has a higher than usual anxiety issue to include an unreasonable fear of speaking in English, even when the risk is low to nonexistent.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7416 on: September 08, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »

It sounds really petty, and honestly I didn't care very much at first, but it's starting to seem a little mean spirited.

We sit at a table with several other teachers. We all sit wherever we want and get up and leave whenever we want, there is no usual seating chart although I do tend to set on the end with one of my other CTs since we both eat fast and leave early. Other teachers sit next to me no problem although I know they'd probably like to sit next to the teachers they are more friendly with. Really though, not much chatting goes on, and the CT who this comment is about is definitely not a big talker. But she does things like taking the only empty chair next to me and moving it to a spot on the other side of the table that's missing a chair and sitting there instead of just sitting next to me like anyone else would. She has done this a couple of times, moving chairs or sitting in inconvenient places so she doesn't have to sit next to me. I didn't care at first but when she does these things it's kind of embarrassing because it's really obvious what she's doing, and the other teachers probably wonder why my direct coworker is avoiding me at lunch.

Like I said, it sounds soooo petty but I have to admit it's slightly hurtful when she does things like moving the chair or sitting at some weird uncomfortable corner spot where no one else ever sits and the only other open seat is next to me. She's been doing this since I got to this school so I don't think I did anything to piss her off. The way she set things up for our class is I run the whole thing alone and she "helps" so I never even have to talk to her about lesson planning. When I go to teach in her room, she always leaves the class during break time and comes back several minutes into class so we have no small talk or even any greetings.  I'm not a big talker so it's not like I go out of my way to say much more than the standard polite things, she doesn't have to avoid me out of fear of speaking English... Is being around me really so terrible? Geez.

Maybe I'm too sensitive but just the fact that she's a grown woman avoiding me like I'm a damn leper makes me a little angry. I've never had any co-Ts act like this before, so it doesn't seem very mature or professional.

Sevenpm, don't worry about it, she is the problem not you.  If she is strange with you then I'd expect she is like that with everyone.  If you have a nice relationship with others, then it doesn't matter.  I thought my 'special' co-teacher at elementary school was just dipsy and hopeless with me, but all teachers thought she was strange, and she had zero coneection with the students.  I suspected some form of Aspergers. 

Years ago, I got told off by an art teacher because I talked too much at lunch.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:33:26 PM by Dave Stepz »

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7417 on: September 08, 2017, 04:04:50 PM »
Yeah, a long time ago, I got told that it wasn't polite to speak English at lunch because not everyone can understand it.

On the bright side, you don't have to talk to your CT at lunch. Which is pretty awesome.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7418 on: September 08, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »

If I had to guess, she's insecure about being bad at English and doesn't want to lose face.
If you had to strike up a conversation with her, in front of the students or her co-workers, and she found herself unable to communicate, it'll probably be extremely embarrassing for her... and rightly so.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #7419 on: September 08, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »
Yeah, a long time ago, I got told that it wasn't polite to speak English at lunch because not everyone can understand it.

Is it not also rude to socially exclude people with whom you're lunching :cry:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment