October 19, 2017, 03:32:31 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521466 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7340 on: September 06, 2017, 06:06:49 PM »
I don't like nosy landlords. My landlord contacted my CT to tell her I was using a lot of hot water. So my CT asked if I had another person living with me or not...

It's not that I wasn't paying my bill, I was, it was just a little higher than average. I didn't know what to say because the awkward part of it being that my bf WAS spending a lot of time at my place and it could have been a reason for the higher bill. Not going to tell my CT that though!

It's possible she was just concerned if there was a leak or something but for my CT to immediately bring it up as "are you living alone or with another person?" was weird. The landlords also go through the garbage to an extreme extent. I posted about this a while ago, thinking maybe it was some homeless person going through the trash, but no it's my landlord and maybe her husband opening up everyone's plastic waste bags and re-sorting them. Feels like an invasion of privacy :/
Some rental agreements stipulate the number of tenants. Sometimes rental price is dependant on the number of tenants. Could be your landlord's way of asking whether or not he needs to be charging you more for rent.  :smiley:

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7341 on: September 06, 2017, 06:10:48 PM »
I don't like nosy landlords. My landlord contacted my CT to tell her I was using a lot of hot water. So my CT asked if I had another person living with me or not...
You can be allowed a guest, but if your partner isn't on the lease and shacking up with you, that is a different matter.

Knowing Korea, I'm 100% certain that your landlord knows your partner is sleeping over and 100% certain that your landlord informed your CT that you often have overnight "guests".

Give your CT credit for being indirect about it and please take the hint she gave you.

Offline SteveBruce

• Adventurer
« Reply #7342 on: September 06, 2017, 06:12:42 PM »
my landlady complained to my CoT how messy my room is because she had to enter to fix my toilet. Like, wtf, does it matter? Because of that my CoT felt it necessary to remind me that I need to clean the room before I left.
Nasty.

I've known "people" like you ;)

Like in the states, your landlord has every right to demand and expect that each tenant will maintain the property.

Consider yourself lucky that your landlord hasn't moved to issue you a written notice.

We are slumlords in the states and one of the biggest issues landlords face is tenants that fail to maintain clean and sanitary living conditions.

When renters, like you, fail to keep a place clean, it attracts rodents and other vermin.

We have never had to issue a "comply or quit notice", but your landlord would have every right to issue a notice to you.

Shame on you :)

Wow, patronising one you are.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7343 on: September 06, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »
You know the difference between messy and dirty I take it? You would if you'd ever had kids.
Heard.

Do you know the difference between ignorant and lazy?

The ignorant can be taught, but there is NO hope for the lazy.

From what jddavis posted, it sounded EXACTLY like the lazy, and not like someone who simply doesn't know any better.

I could be wrong, but...

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7344 on: September 06, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
You can be allowed a guest, but if your partner isn't on the lease and shacking up with you, that is a different matter.

Knowing Korea, I'm 100% certain that your landlord knows your partner is sleeping over and 100% certain that your landlord informed your CT that you often have overnight "guests".

Give your CT credit for being indirect about it and please take the hint she gave you.

No.

I live in a young-ish area, most of these rooms are rented by students who live alone. I often see boyfriends/girlfriends coming/going with no less frequency than mine. I know who lives next door to me and his girlfriend is always over. I can hear. My bf wasn't even staying the night most of the time (he worked even on weekends), but since it was summer (I live near the beach, hence his frequenting my place more often instead of me at his) we were taking extra showers during the day.

No one is "shacking" up together, and it wasn't a problem at my old apartment either. My land lord either contacts everyone in the building as soon as there is a "spike" in their bills, or she feels the need to keep tabs on the waygook.

I swear, you guys jump to the worst and most negative conclusions if someone doesn't include literally every tiny little detail about their story  :rolleyes: Anything else you wanna know??

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7345 on: September 06, 2017, 06:29:58 PM »
my landlady complained to my CoT how messy my room is because she had to enter to fix my toilet. Like, wtf, does it matter? Because of that my CoT felt it necessary to remind me that I need to clean the room before I left.
Nasty.

Like in the states, your landlord has every right to demand and expect that each tenant will maintain the property.

Consider yourself lucky that your landlord hasn't moved to issue you a written notice.

We are slumlords in the states and one of the biggest issues landlords face is tenants that fail to maintain clean and sanitary living conditions.

When renters, like you, fail to keep a place clean, it attracts rodents and other vermin.

We have never had to issue a "comply or quit notice", but your landlord would have every right to issue a notice to you.

You know the difference between messy and dirty I take it? You would if you'd ever had kids.

I almost didn't the apartment I have now because of the previous NET, and there isn't many places to rent where I am. The person I replaced here lived in the apartment for 3 years, and never cleaned a single time. My co-teacher showed me photos of how the apartment looked after the person vacated.

The person used one of the spare rooms to store full bags of rubbish, we had to throw away one of those plug in ovens, because it was so dirty and moldy on the inside, the chair my apartment has, I'm not sure if I should clean it and use it, or get them to remove it - the leather has lots of huge mold patches, but some parts look okay, there is a huge stain on the floor where some garbage fluids leaked from a bag, and the bathroom is so caked in dirt and stuff, that after 2 days of cleaning with a variety of cleaning stuff, I barely removed anything.

(Luckily, the school and landlady cleaned a lot before I moved in, but I still spent 80% of my free time cleaning everything during my first 2 weeks.)

Stuff like that I feel like the landlord has claims over.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7346 on: September 06, 2017, 06:31:10 PM »
Wow, patronising one you are.
Nothing compares to the hypocrisy of a hypocritical hypocritical critic :)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #7347 on: September 06, 2017, 07:04:45 PM »
Too many coffees can't stop randomly clicking my mouse button and typing random shit on waygook.

Wow. Also too many coffees, and I swear I can hear your mouse clicking :huh:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7348 on: September 06, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »
Heard.

Do you know the difference between ignorant and lazy?

The ignorant can be taught, but there is NO hope for the lazy.

From what jddavis posted, it sounded EXACTLY like the lazy, and not like someone who simply doesn't know any better.

I could be wrong, but...

This is the ranting/venting thread. Not the judge people you don't know thread :)
I specified and said I'm messy, not dirty. I can throw my clothes around my apartment all day. In what world can I get written up for piling my clothes on top of a suitcase?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:30:22 PM by jddavis7 »

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7349 on: September 06, 2017, 07:17:54 PM »
Nasty.

I almost didn't the apartment I have now because of the previous NET, and there isn't many places to rent where I am. The person I replaced here lived in the apartment for 3 years, and never cleaned a single time. My co-teacher showed me photos of how the apartment looked after the person vacated.

The person used one of the spare rooms to store full bags of rubbish, we had to throw away one of those plug in ovens, because it was so dirty and moldy on the inside, the chair my apartment has, I'm not sure if I should clean it and use it, or get them to remove it - the leather has lots of huge mold patches, but some parts look okay, there is a huge stain on the floor where some garbage fluids leaked from a bag, and the bathroom is so caked in dirt and stuff, that after 2 days of cleaning with a variety of cleaning stuff, I barely removed anything.

(Luckily, the school and landlady cleaned a lot before I moved in, but I still spent 80% of my free time cleaning everything during my first 2 weeks.)

Stuff like that I feel like the landlord has claims over.

This. I would say. is dirty. My apartment is admittedly messy, but I regularly clean it. I don't even keep fruit in my apartment from fears of attracting fruit flies. Methinks my landlady is just strict with foreigners since other tenants smoke in their rooms and vomit on the stairs and still live here...

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7350 on: September 06, 2017, 08:21:27 PM »
My first Korean apartment was literally held together by mold. We had to clean it out immediately after arriving. It felt more like mucking out a stall than cleaning, and we had to ask for them to take away a dead fridge full of the previous teacher's rotten food. August in Ulsan and it'd been in there for weeks...absolutely minging. Why would you bring in a new fridge and just leave the old one??

A few months later, my husband moved one of our suitcases away from the wall, and the whole thing was black on that side from mold. Brand-new suitcase. Thankfully, it was his school's apartment and not mine, so they actually called our landlord and helped us out. He said, "Oh, it's been taken care of, we put new wallpaper on!" Yeah, they just wallpapered over the mold.

So we move into a new place that had been occupied by some Korean girls before us. Was pretty okay except there was blood all over the bathroom. No matter how many times I scrubbed, I couldn't get all the bloodstains out. Or the mold. At least there wasn't visible mold in the living areas, though...

Welp, that's my Korean apartment story.

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7351 on: September 06, 2017, 08:56:52 PM »
i miss the time when pecan was muted

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7352 on: September 06, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
:) Me, too.

To be clear, I made a joke about sugar causing cancer...that was all it took.

Perhaps your wish for me to be muted will get you the same ;)

I have a ton of extra work (editing projects, etc.) from tomorrow, so you should be good for a week, if not more.

Enjoy.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #7353 on: September 06, 2017, 11:20:10 PM »

Wasn't your "cancer joke" wishing cancer death upon a fellow waygook poster? :lipsrsealed:

Wonder why that one didn't land.  Humour's a fickle beast~
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:22:14 PM by donovan »

Offline Conner42

• Adventurer
« Reply #7354 on: September 07, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »

I wonder how many people on this forum know who that is.  :sad:
I do.

How old do you have to be?

I'm 45... any younger?

I'm 27, it's the Fonz. Never crossed my mind that people wouldn't know him. "Ayyyyy" with 2 thumbs up is referenced in so many shows/jokes/etc. He's kind of a meme since before meme's were a thing.

They used to play the show on Nick At Night as well
I'm 23. I actually got to meet the guy. He was going around bookstores promoting his books as he's working on children's stories.

In one of my classes, we were watching a video and they used the word irresistable so I had to explain that word. I used a picture of the Fonz...I mean, if any of you guys can think of a better example....(of course, I could definitely tell you my students had no idea who it was)
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7355 on: September 07, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »

Wasn't your "cancer joke" wishing cancer death upon a fellow waygook poster? :lipsrsealed:

Ate a whole batch of chocolate rice crispy treats all by myself within the span of two nights.  Happy to report there is no sign of cancer! 

Offline SteveBruce

• Adventurer
« Reply #7356 on: September 07, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »

Wow, what a truly disgraceful thing to say. He's been here so long his mind has rotted. Common human decency and empathy have all but dissolved. I imagine if he ever decided to step back into the western world he would experience reverse culture shock on an unprecedented scale, however that would be too much for him now. He's in too deep and his common decency have all but evaporated. The condescending, patronising comments he makes to others would come all the way round and apply to him.

To be honest, like Aurata, no one should pay him any attention.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #7357 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:48 PM »

Wow, what a truly disgraceful thing to say. He's been here so long his mind has rotted. Common human decency and empathy have all but dissolved. I imagine if he ever decided to step back into the western world he would experience reverse culture shock on an unprecedented scale, however that would be too much for him now. He's in too deep and his common decency have all but evaporated. The condescending, patronising comments he makes to others would come all the way round and apply to him.

To be honest, like Aurata, no one should pay him any attention.

Cheers Dave

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #7358 on: September 07, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »

The best Pecanism was when that South African couple fell of the balcony and died and Pecan just went "They deserved it because they didn't have insurance" without a morsel of compassion or thought.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7359 on: September 07, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »
Ate a whole batch of chocolate rice crispy treats all by myself within the span of two nights.  Happy to report there is no sign of cancer!
:)

Had any fairy bread lately?

These oversensitive types fail to grasp how context and their own point of view/prejudice muddy simple words.

Out the side of their mouth talk about empathy, etc., but can't follow the disposition of the one typing the words and taints them with their own baggage.

Just like the character above who is distorting what was actually written with how they "interpreted" what was stated...

No individual responsibility or accountability...

No idea how they function out in the "real" world.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment