December 11, 2017, 11:59:02 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594320 times)

Online KiwiChris

• Waygookin
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7180 on: September 22, 2017, 09:58:41 AM »
Why is a random teacher telling me that I have to go and stay in the staff room every afternoon? What's wrong with staying in the English classroom? She then proceeded to berate me to arrange the desks and keep the place clean. I use this classroom one day a week! The desks are in a different arrangement every week not once perpetrated by myself. There's a bunch of fourth graders who are supposed to clean it during lunch! Pass the buck!! Argh!

I had a similar frustrating situation.  At one of my travel schools, I went to just once a week, I used to have the most amazing English room to teach in.  Clean and stocked with all the supplies I needed.  The school at that time only had 5 students total, and it was in the process of closing down.  Classrooms upstairs were emptied and closed off.  One day, I go to work, greet everyone in the teachers' lounge, and go to the English classroom, except, there is an elderly teacher sitting there and reading.  I'm confused, and the very little Korean I know just makes this ajusshi stare blankly at me.  Go back to find my co-teacher (who didn't bother to even teach with me), who says that now the English room is this other teacher's classroom.  I'm annoyed, but I understand, I just there fleetingly during the week.  But what boiled my blood was I was not allowed to take any of the supplies to the next class over for my students, which was an old out of use Science classroom, with a whole bunch of old science equipment, not suitable for elementary students to be around.  For the rest of my teaching time there, I taught five classes, once a week, in this horrible classroom, that was never cleaned, and constantly ransacked by the students when I wasn't there (and I was reprimanded for not cleaning it).  To top things off, this other teacher used to just sleep or read in his classroom the whole day I taught there.  That space was completely wasted, but I couldn't use it because it was "his" classroom.  I wasn't even sure what he taught there.  It was such a frustrating and stupid situation!  Sorry for the long rant, it really bugged me at that time!

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7181 on: September 22, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
There's a policy at my school where they're not supposed to talk about students' private lives or situations outside of anyone who isn't somehow involved with or directly affected by them. So, technically, only that student's teachers, the head teacher, the VP and the P are supposed to know the exact details. As far as I know, this is fairly standard at most schools, but how strictly it's practiced can vary.

If those outside of that circle know more than the basics (in this case being that someone committed suicide), it's either because they put 2 and 2 together based on things they know about here and there, or because of gossip, which many KTs are not comfortable sharing outside of trusted circles because, if it comes back to them, they could get into legit trouble over it.

Students know about it, of course, through friends and classmates.

I don't personally like how they go about dealing with this sort of thing here, it's not healthy, and I'm sorry that you keep finding yourself caught up in it, travelinpantsgirl.

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #7182 on: September 22, 2017, 10:23:47 AM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thanks.
There's a policy at my school where they're not supposed to talk about students' private lives or situations outside of anyone who isn't somehow involved with or directly affected by them. So, technically, only that student's teachers, the head teacher, the VP and the P are supposed to know the exact details. As far as I know, this is fairly standard at most schools, but how strictly it's practiced can vary.

If those outside of that circle know more than the basics (in this case being that someone committed suicide), it's either because they put 2 and 2 together based on things they know about here and there, or because of gossip, which many KTs are not comfortable sharing outside of trusted circles because, if it comes back to them, they could get into legit trouble over it.

Students know about it, of course, through friends and classmates.

I don't personally like how they go about dealing with this sort of thing here, it's not healthy, and I'm sorry that you keep finding yourself caught up in it, travelinpantsgirl.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7183 on: September 22, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »
One of the teachers' cars got smashed/shoved.  Since nearly everyone was away on a field trip when this happened, it had to have been one of the vehicles used for the current construction project.  The worker who mans that vehicle is claiming no fault. 

The teacher is pretty peeved, understandably so, and has since called the police about it. 

From what another teacher relayed to me, the accused are claiming that nobody was in the vehicle and that it rolled into the teacher's car of its own accord when the emergency brake failed.   :undecided:

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #7184 on: September 22, 2017, 10:28:55 AM »
Wait...let me guess...next the accused is going to blame the teacher because...wait for it...it was parked there... :P
And then he'll countersue for emotional damages and win... :rolleyes:

One of the teachers' cars got smashed/shoved.  Since nearly everyone was away on a field trip when this happened, it had to have been one of the vehicles used for the current construction project.  The worker who mans that vehicle is claiming no fault. 

The teacher is pretty peeved, understandably so, and has since called the police about it. 

From what another teacher relayed to me, the accused are claiming that nobody was in the vehicle and that it rolled into the teacher's car of its own accord when the emergency brake failed.   :undecided:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7185 on: September 22, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »
Wait...let me guess...next the accused is going to blame the teacher because...wait for it...it was parked there... :P

The corner of the cafeteria is also smashed, a window is broken and everything.  The gas tanks were apparently damaged as well but one of the teachers made a point to assure me that there was "no explosion."  Hah. 

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #7186 on: September 22, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »
Because you couldn't work that out for yourself...? lol
 :P :P

The corner of the cafeteria is also smashed, a window is broken and everything.  The gas tanks were apparently damaged as well but one of the teachers made a point to assure me that there was "no explosion."  Hah.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7187 on: September 22, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »
A lot of my middle school classes are canceled due to tests or miscellaneous school events.  I'll only get to see my travel school two more times before I finish my contract.   >:(

Somehow my elementary schools rarely cancel.  And when they do have a special event they like to make me make up the classes by doubling up on classes on other days (it never exceeds the maximum so I can't complain).  I'd rather double up on my middle school classes. 

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #7188 on: September 22, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »
ooohhh so she texted that to you?

A lot of my middle school classes are canceled due to tests or miscellaneous school events.  I'll only get to see my travel school two more times before I finish my contract.   >:(

Somehow my elementary schools rarely cancel.  And when they do have a special event they like to make me make up the classes by doubling up on classes on other days (it never exceeds the maximum so I can't complain).  I'd rather double up on my middle school classes.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7189 on: September 22, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »
ooohhh so she texted that to you?

Sometimes he texts, if there's a last minute change and he didn't get a chance to tell me in person.  This information was told in person but I was just remembering as I'm prepping for my elementary classes next week and I have extra.  Blarrghrabble

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #7190 on: September 22, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
People that post on the local facebook page about their problems, get answers then post it on here the same or next day annoy me to no end.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #7191 on: September 22, 2017, 11:56:29 AM »
People who call you a troll because you have a different opinion to them also annoy me.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #7192 on: September 22, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »
Waygook user David Stepz. The arrogance of this uniform. What's the meaning? Like, "The Chosen One?"

Offline viennica

• Adventurer
  • Send me mac and cheese and I'll be yours.
« Reply #7193 on: September 22, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Not Korean related, but! People who follow pages on FB and when they see something interesting, they just tag their friends name in the comments. So, you see something interesting, it has 210 comments, you expand it and 80% of the comments are Kevin Smith Jeff Barns

Just share the post and send it as a message!

You think waygook goes off topic? At least it's still conversation! FB looks like a goddamn phone book!
Anyang Meet and Eat, our group of ridiculously fun people with a food problem. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334717196908236/

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #7194 on: September 22, 2017, 03:10:47 PM »
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Not Korean related, but! People who follow pages on FB and when they see something interesting, they just tag their friends name in the comments. So, you see something interesting, it has 210 comments, you expand it and 80% of the comments are Kevin Smith Jeff Barns

Just share the post and send it as a message!

You think waygook goes off topic? At least it's still conversation! FB looks like a goddamn phone book!

Urgh I hate that too. You see all these comments and 100k likes and you think the banter is gonna be great but it's just people tagging their mates and other halfs. Yuck

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #7195 on: September 22, 2017, 07:31:51 PM »
Poor Sleep? Itís Linked to Air pollution, Says Study

With high levels of nitrogen dioxide, the resultant odds of having low sleep efficiency go up by nearly 60%, while high levels of PM2.5s it's nearly 50%, said the new study.

It's thought that air pollution could be indirectly affecting sleep by irritating airways, causing swelling and congestion.

http://www.microfinancemonitor.com/poor-sleep-linked-air-pollution-says-study/45349

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7196 on: September 25, 2017, 09:00:47 AM »
I still can't pay waygook. Anyone willing to take my money and do it for me?

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Challen13

• Waygookin
« Reply #7197 on: September 25, 2017, 10:38:41 AM »
Unless I've missed something, for weeks Arsalan hasn't come forth and responded to anyone or addressed the changes to the site, yet someone starts a thread about not being unable to message and lo' and behold...he pops up and replies Ha ha ha ;D ;D ;D Now he'll likely disappear again.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7198 on: September 25, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »
Apparently scheduling has been rearranged at one of my elementary schools so that there is zero break between two of my classes.  Grade 4s and Grade 3s back to back...  :cry: >:(

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7199 on: September 25, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
Unless I've missed something, for weeks Arsalan hasn't come forth and responded to anyone or addressed the changes to the site, yet someone starts a thread about not being unable to message and lo' and behold...he pops up and replies Ha ha ha ;D ;D ;D Now he'll likely disappear again.

He did respond to a PM regarding my inability to pay, and he did it really quickly. I will give him that. I guess now I will just need to wait.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne