September 25, 2017, 08:16:35 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 489472 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7100 on: August 17, 2017, 05:13:16 PM »
What's the deal with all of these little fruit flies? They swarm all over my garbage and come into the main room. I've blocked off the finger holes on the mesh screens, I put all organic rubbish in the freezer before I throw it out and I've sprayed the hell out of them yet they're still there the little f&$@*&s!!!

Yeahhhh, they drive me mad. Even tried the plastic bottle trick but they didn't fall for it.  :cry:

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #7101 on: August 17, 2017, 05:17:06 PM »
Just gave my 60 days notice. Already getting the guilt trip about how much of a burden 2 extra classes a week for 2 months will be for my CTs.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7102 on: August 17, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »
Fruit flies normally make it into your home from the fruit or veggies you buy from wherever. So eat them fast and/or keep them sealed in your own containers and/or in the fridge -- remove them from any packaging or containers that they were purchased in and toss those out immediately.

Once fruit flies are in the home, you have to get rid of any source of food. So organic waste should be immediately disposed of, leftovers should be kept in sealed containers or in the fridge. Sink and drain need to be kept empty and cleaned. Trash needs to be taken out or sealed so that there's no in or out unless you say so. Surfaces should be wiped down. Fruit flies can live on very, very little. So you need to be diligent. :)

Then you kill off the fuckers still flying around, and you'll be good after a couple of days.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:25:26 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7103 on: August 17, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »

So glad that they don't expect me to conduct classes this week because, honestly, those kids would have been traumitized by the amount of confusion that I'd have otherwise inflicted opon them had I been given the usual run right after a big break.

I feel that. Was scheduled for 4 classes today (first day back for the kiddos) and (thankfully!) only one had the gall to show up. Still a little annoyed at that TBH... :rolleyes:

I mean you can't expect me to go form 0 to 4/5 classes all on the first day! I need time to make peace with the fact that I even have to be in this building again for 8 hours a day. And you you want me to be fun and talky, too?! No way. Slowly, please. Ease me into it like an old man into a warm bath.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7104 on: August 17, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »
Seriously, even the KTs are like, "Wtf is the point?"

They've just been skimming by with easy review lessons. I've only seen like a couple of math teachers immediately launch into the next chapter.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7105 on: August 17, 2017, 06:25:24 PM »
The teacher next to me is sucking on candy in a way that can only be described as violently.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :huh:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7106 on: August 22, 2017, 10:05:53 AM »
Working while sick is dumb, and I hate it.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7107 on: August 22, 2017, 10:12:14 AM »
Seriously, even the KTs are like, "Wtf is the point?"

They've just been skimming by with easy review lessons. I've only seen like a couple of math teachers immediately launch into the next chapter.

Even after the test before the summer holidays we had a week before the semester finished, I like many other teachers let the students have chatting time or watching a film.  But the maths teacher was full on, 100% Teacher Talking Time class and also last week.  All the students looked bored shitless. 

Offline damocha

• Adventurer
« Reply #7108 on: August 22, 2017, 11:07:02 AM »
Fruit flies normally make it into your home from the fruit or veggies you buy from wherever. So eat them fast and/or keep them sealed in your own containers and/or in the fridge -- remove them from any packaging or containers that they were purchased in and toss those out immediately.

Once fruit flies are in the home, you have to get rid of any source of food. So organic waste should be immediately disposed of, leftovers should be kept in sealed containers or in the fridge. Sink and drain need to be kept empty and cleaned. Trash needs to be taken out or sealed so that there's no in or out unless you say so. Surfaces should be wiped down. Fruit flies can live on very, very little. So you need to be diligent. :)

Then you kill off the fuckers still flying around, and you'll be good after a couple of days.

I left on vacation for 2 weeks and thought I had taken out the trash before I left. I had not. The trash was a disaster. Fruit flies everywhere, egg sacs stuck to the inside of the bin. It was awful.

Trick for getting rid of the remaining fruit flies in your house:
Put some yeast, warm water, and a little sugar in an empty plastic bottle. Beer might work too. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few small holes in the wrap. The fruit flies will get stuck in the bottle and drown in the liquid.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7109 on: August 22, 2017, 11:13:10 AM »
With the spirit of that in mind, I ****** hate telemarkers with a passion, but I still haven't figured out a reliable way of blocking their numbers here. I mean... is there a good app for that? One that won't accidentally filter out wanted calls?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gogolook.callgogolook2

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7110 on: August 22, 2017, 12:45:58 PM »
Wife's main school was forced to remain closed and extend the holidays until Friday, the cafeteria is undergoing renovations.

Prior to this, the school asked the parents to help out by preparing lunches for their children for that week so they didn't have to close and be forced to start winter holidays late. The overwhelming majority refused claiming they were "too busy"... What kind of parent keeps their kid out of school for a week because they can't be arsed to make their own children lunch for a few days?

Offline xinteach

• Explorer
« Reply #7111 on: August 22, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »
Came back from my holiday yesterday evening and now have post-holiday blues :(

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7112 on: August 22, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »
Wife's main school was forced to remain closed and extend the holidays until Friday, the cafeteria is undergoing renovations.

Prior to this, the school asked the parents to help out by preparing lunches for their children for that week so they didn't have to close and be forced to start winter holidays late. The overwhelming majority refused claiming they were "too busy"... What kind of parent keeps their kid out of school for a week because they can't be arsed to make their own children lunch for a few days?

Maybe it was a ploy to get their kids more vacation time.  :shocked: Conspiracy! 

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7113 on: August 22, 2017, 04:43:24 PM »
Feeling sicker and sicker each hour but I won't get home for another 2 hours. Oh boy!

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7114 on: August 22, 2017, 06:05:42 PM »
Feeling sicker and sicker each hour but I won't get home for another 2 hours. Oh boy!

Man I feel for you. I haaaaaate the "you have sick days but not really" policy. A few weeks back, I couldn't swallow without triggering convulsions. I was very clear with my Co-t but still got a response like "Oh so you will not teach your classes today?" as if I was shirking my English Clown duties to jerk off at home.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7115 on: August 22, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
I haaaaaate the "you have sick days but not really" policy.

every time i need to take sick leave i'm basically made to grovel in front of the VP. despite the fact that before taking sick leave I need to put it into NEIS, and the authorization chain includes my main Co-T, the head teacher, and then the VP.

it always seems to be such a hassle to take sick leave i've actually started joking with the VP during the 'groveling time'.

"are you sure it's okay if i take sick leave? can the other teachers do their work okay? are you sure the school won't have to close if i'm not here? it always seems like such a big problem when i want to take sick leave, so it's obvious i'm so important to the school".

she always looks thoroughly unimpressed but IDGAF. not staying at this school another year.

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #7116 on: August 22, 2017, 06:48:56 PM »

A similar situation happened at my first public school where I used to teach during my first year in Korea several years ago. It wasn't an issue at my school, though -- everyone (both students and teachers/staff) had to pack/bring our own lunches to school for about a month; I didn't hear about any of the students' parents having issues about it. The renovations of my then-school's cafeteria continued during winter vacation, but we still had English winter camp; I remember it was really noisy since the cafeteria was right below my then-school's English classroom. But school/classes never got cancelled or anything.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7117 on: August 22, 2017, 07:37:31 PM »
Ah nutters, the nice principal at my main school is leaving in two weeks.  I hope the replacement isn't a tool  :sad:

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7118 on: August 22, 2017, 09:24:43 PM »
Ah nutters, the nice principal at my main school is leaving in two weeks.  I hope the replacement isn't a tool  :sad:
the final year i worked at public school this happened, and the new principal was the BIGGEST cunt. he made so many female teachers cry in his first week, and he made 2 teachers stand at both ends of the corridor where his office was located every lunch/break, as he 'disliked the sound of children'.

several teachers planned to go abroad on holiday during the winter break, as he must have found out, as he made those teachers come in for a day in the middle of when they were planning on going away, for some kind of 'training day'.

complete wanker

anyway...er.... hope your new one is nice!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #7119 on: August 22, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »
the final year i worked at public school this happened, and the new principal was the BIGGEST cunt. he made so many female teachers cry in his first week, and he made 2 teachers stand at both ends of the corridor where his office was located every lunch/break, as he 'disliked the sound of children'.

several teachers planned to go abroad on holiday during the winter break, as he must have found out, as he made those teachers come in for a day in the middle of when they were planning on going away, for some kind of 'training day'.

complete wanker

anyway...er.... hope your new one is nice!

Nooo!!  That would be horrid!!  :huh:  At least I don't have much time left on my contract so if the replacement is insufferable then the suffering won't be long.. for me at least... 

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment