September 27, 2017, 03:30:03 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 492548 times)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6960 on: July 28, 2017, 01:25:58 PM »
i don't know why they don't put the sauce in a small separate bowl so you can dip the doncass in it, and it doesn't get all sloppy after the first 20 seconds

Japanese shops do this, but they tend not to give enough sauce :rolleyes:

This guy I'm seeing (Korean) told me I smell like "handmade high quality soup." Now my Western perspective takes this as...not a good thing. But he insists it's a compliment and, in fact, romantic.

I can kind of see why that would be true but has anyone ever heard this before?

Don't judge him so harshly before considering the alternatives.

"You smell like an Irish spring!"

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6961 on: July 28, 2017, 01:37:29 PM »
This guy I'm seeing (Korean) told me I smell like "handmade high quality soup." Now my Western perspective takes this as...not a good thing. But he insists it's a compliment and, in fact, romantic.

Did you ask him what kind of soup? 

Big difference between a nice cream soup or a... kimchi jiggae...  :afro:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6962 on: July 28, 2017, 01:39:35 PM »
A good cheese dongass ruined by an obscene amount of sauce layered on top :cry:

dongass dongass dongass

:laugh: :laugh:

dongass all mayo??  :-*

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6963 on: July 28, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »
What? You think most people actually want to sit around a camp fire eating nasty ass smores and listening to some idiot on an acoustic guitar? Not even the 5 blunts you rolled can cure that. If someone does that, that's when you say eff it and grab everyone and go off to the nearest podunk bar and see what happens. No, you want to get drunk on cheap beer and whiskey, head down to the beach, screw, blast good music, hop on the pontoon boat and party with other boats, etc.

But back to S'mores- I'm not 6 years old anymore. A mass of sugar between two graham crackers does not sound appetizing in the least. Why don't you go fish or hunt some bullfrogs or find some mushrooms or some wild asparagus so we can actually have real food?

An yes, Reese's Pieces are sublime, but for effs sake people get over the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. If those, Toblerones, and Ferreros are your idea of good chocolate....blech.

Smores and Peanut Butter Cups....I just don't see it.

You know what would go well with that fish and wild asparagus?

S'mores. :)

But it doesn't end there.

Toss in campfire biscuits with honey butter, and make some hot chocolate or tea, too. Yum.

You can spike your hot chocolate if you want.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6964 on: July 28, 2017, 01:49:45 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not just soup. Handmade, high quality soup.

It gets better! He also added, "Not the kind you buy at the market."

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6965 on: July 28, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »
got served a brocolli, tomato, orange, banana, chicken and green leaf salad, with a sesame dressing at a restaurant yesterday  :huh:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6966 on: July 28, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »

Did you ask him what kind of soup? 

Big difference between a nice cream soup or a... kimchi jiggae...  :afro:

lol yes I said that it wouldn't be considered a compliment where I'm from because soup doesn't smell good (you know, on a person) and then he was like "There are many good soup smells in Korea."

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6967 on: July 28, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »
A good cheese dongass ruined by an obscene amount of sauce layered on top :cry:

dongass dongass dongass

:laugh: :laugh:

dongass all mayo??  :-*

teriyaki

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6968 on: July 28, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
lol yes I said that it wouldn't be considered a compliment where I'm from because soup doesn't smell good (you know, on a person) and then he was like "There are many good soup smells in Korea."

Most people in general don't want to smell like any kind of food, including Koreans. I'd even have to say ESPECIALLY Koreans. Unless it's something sweet, like cookies. Or some other things.

Maybe he should take you somewhere to experience this soup that supposedly smells good on a person. xD
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:06:37 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6969 on: July 28, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »
oh, he really said SOUP!? I thought you had just misspelled SOAP.

청국장? :shocked:

Perhaps his pronunciation is a little off...

Whatever it is, he likes it! ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:19:26 PM by donovan »

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6970 on: July 28, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »
Random rant- S'mores are disgusting. Diabetes between two graham crackers that turns into a goopy pile of crap that makes everyone sticky and messy. You're already out camping and haven't properly bathed for 24 hours with piss poor hygiene, now you want to add sticky sugar to your hands and wash it off with a few splashes of Aquafina?

Right up there with other disgusting trash foods like peanut butter cups, Doritos, Snickers pie, and frosting on cake.

You must be a bundle of joy on a camping trip.

Just toss him some Reece's Pieces, he'll be okay. He just needs his own kind of trash so he doesn't feel left out in the garbage fun.

What? You think most people actually want to sit around a camp fire eating nasty ass smores and listening to some idiot on an acoustic guitar? Not even the 5 blunts you rolled can cure that. If someone does that, that's when you say eff it and grab everyone and go off to the nearest podunk bar and see what happens. No, you want to get drunk on cheap beer and whiskey, head down to the beach, screw, blast good music, hop on the pontoon boat and party with other boats, etc.

But back to S'mores- I'm not 6 years old anymore. A mass of sugar between two graham crackers does not sound appetizing in the least. Why don't you go fish or hunt some bullfrogs or find some mushrooms or some wild asparagus so we can actually have real food?

An yes, Reese's Pieces are sublime, but for effs sake people get over the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. If those, Toblerones, and Ferreros are your idea of good chocolate....blech.

And yes, brown sauce on your delivered and now spongy donkassu is sadness delivered to your home. Brown sauce on the side so the thing stays crispy, please. You can tell which restaurants actually halfway give a shit about their food if they do that by default or not.

Damn man. You need that guy in the other thread to bring extra pills for you?

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6971 on: July 28, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »

omg now I'm reconsidering this whole thing...maybe he is misspelling "soap" because I WILL HAVE WAYGOOK DOT ORG USERS know that I smell good okay :(

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6972 on: July 28, 2017, 02:35:42 PM »

omg now I'm reconsidering this whole thing...maybe he is misspelling "soap" because I WILL HAVE WAYGOOK DOT ORG USERS know that I smell good okay :(

It's okay. I smell like doankas and mayonnaise. :undecided:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6973 on: July 28, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »

Let us know which it turns out it is.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #6974 on: July 28, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »

You know what would go well with that fish and wild asparagus?

S'mores. :)

But it doesn't end there.

Toss in campfire biscuits with honey butter, and make some hot chocolate or tea, too. Yum.

You can spike your hot chocolate if you want.

Some dried fruit and nuts would go well with that fish and asparagus. In fact that would be an almost perfect match.

Menu A: Lake Perch, Fried frog Legs, Wild asparagus and mushrooms, Dried Fruit, Nuts.

Menu B: Hotdogs on a stick, Smores, Camp biscuits and honey butter. Maybe a can of cold Chef Boyardee to liven things up. Semi-melted Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

(Hotdogs and camp biscuits aren't the worst, but geez, you're already getting enough sugar with the honey butter)

I'll spike my hot chocolate by throwing out the powdered Swiss Miss and filling my cup with something useful, like some Rebel Yell or Woodford Reserve.

Instead of smores someone could cut straight to the chase and squeeze Hershey's syrup into their mouth and suckle at a Reddi-Whip teat.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6975 on: July 28, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »

And yes, brown sauce on your delivered and now spongy donkassu is sadness delivered to your home. Brown sauce on the side so the thing stays crispy, please. You can tell which restaurants actually halfway give a shit about their food if they do that by default or not.

You are a miserable old git. There is a small part of me that feels sorry for you at times, because I think you may be a bit of a Billy no-mates. The feeling passes rather quickly.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: surely he means soap. He must mean soap.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh you smell so pretty, I love it when you smell like 쑥국, it's my favourite....grrrr
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6976 on: July 28, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh you smell so pretty, I love it when you smell like 쑥국, it's my favourite....grrrr

I've asked for clarification and am awaiting a response. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that he could've meant soap but everything he said could also apply to soup, even if it's a bit of an odd thing to say.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6977 on: July 28, 2017, 03:17:18 PM »
Waygook.org user Mr.DeMartino - you're a pretty good poster most of the time, but like, I literally can't even figure out what you're talking about right now.

Also soup smells good. People who smell like soup also smell good.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6978 on: July 28, 2017, 03:35:04 PM »

I've asked for clarification and am awaiting a response. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that he could've meant soap but everything he said could also apply to soup, even if it's a bit of an odd thing to say.

This is totally going to be my new insult/compliment. Keep people wondering what I really mean hahahaha
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6979 on: July 28, 2017, 03:43:29 PM »
got served a brocolli, tomato, orange, banana, chicken and green leaf salad, with a sesame dressing at a restaurant yesterday  :huh:

That sounds good (only the inclusion of banana seems a bit odd).  Throw in some crunchy noodles too. 

Some dried fruit and nuts would go well with that fish and asparagus. In fact that would be an almost perfect match.

Menu A: Lake Perch, Fried frog Legs, Wild asparagus and mushrooms, Dried Fruit, Nuts.

Menu B: Hotdogs on a stick, Smores, Camp biscuits and honey butter. Maybe a can of cold Chef Boyardee to liven things up. Semi-melted Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

I see nothing wrong with either of those menus.  Not a fan of honey butter though.  It is possible to have a palate appreciative of both sets of flavors. 

Plenty of soups smell good!  Plenty of soaps smell... interesting.  It is very important to discern which specific soup/soap he meant! 

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment