November 19, 2017, 02:55:39 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564321 times)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬

gidget

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6921 on: August 16, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
I didn't say anything. I just stared at her.

Don't worry, I'm sure the person's gender will remain forever unknown, kudos!  :undecided:

ARGH! DAGNABIT!

On the other hand at least I got a sobbing laugh out of today.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6922 on: August 16, 2017, 01:05:17 PM »
1 .Had a short conversation with a charming person (who will remain genderless)

I'm curious why her gender deserves (or doesn't deserve?) mentioning here...?

last night i had a conversation with my wife (who will remain genderless) about what she should buy her mum (who will remain genderless) for chuseok (who will remain genderless)

Might I* suggest a gender-neutral 리챔 gift set?

*Who is ALL man, trust me!

I recommend the genderless spam gift set. 

Offline CJ

• Veteran
« Reply #6923 on: August 16, 2017, 01:16:17 PM »
What's the deal with all of these little fruit flies? They swarm all over my garbage and come into the main room. I've blocked off the finger holes on the mesh screens, I put all organic rubbish in the freezer before I throw it out and I've sprayed the hell out of them yet they're still there the little f&$@*&s!!!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6924 on: August 16, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »
I recommend the genderless spam gift set.

Showoff with your foreign imports. You probably even eat it with utensils :rolleyes:.

I'm *THIS CLOSE* to specifying your gender!

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6925 on: August 16, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »
First class of the semester, and the electrical outlets are turned off in the classroom because of a renovation on the same floor.

Computer battery dies, so I can't even use my ppt - which the kids can't see- for reference.

This is a free-semester lesson, not a textbook lesson. 

Just makes me want to scream.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6926 on: August 16, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »
What's the deal with all of these little fruit flies? They swarm all over my garbage and come into the main room. I've blocked off the finger holes on the mesh screens, I put all organic rubbish in the freezer before I throw it out and I've sprayed the hell out of them yet they're still there the little f&$@*&s!!!

I've been having the same problem. I have to take my trash out way more often than I did during the winter because if I leave a rinsed off meat package in there, there will be fruit fly swarm by the next day.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6927 on: August 16, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »

I've been having the same problem. I have to take my trash out way more often than I did during the winter because if I leave a rinsed off meat package in there, there will be fruit fly swarm by the next day.
Yeah. They're impossible to keep out: their larvae come in via the veggies and fruit that you bring in.
Best way to resolve this issue is to toss out your food rubbish every day, and to store it in your freezer until you do.

(Dont tell #basedcowboyshirt, but I'm gonna make that official life tip # 14!)

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6928 on: August 16, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »

Yeah. They're impossible to keep out: their larvae come in via the veggies and fruit that you bring in.
Best way to resolve this issue is to toss out your food rubbish every day, and to store it in your freezer until you do.

(Dont tell #basedcowboyshirt, but I'm gonna make that official life tip # 14!)

I don't even leave fruit or vegetables in my apartment anymore. I miss seedless grapes  :-[

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6929 on: August 17, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »
The teacher next to me is sucking on candy in a way that can only be described as violently.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6930 on: August 17, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »
I hate it when people think they can call me at work for any old reason. If it's not an emergency, don't ****** call me while I'm at work. I don't care if it's your break, I don't care if you think it's my break. Don't_fucking_call_me_at_work. At least text me to see if it's okay first.

With the spirit of that in mind, I ****** hate telemarkers with a passion, but I still haven't figured out a reliable way of blocking their numbers here. I mean... is there a good app for that? One that won't accidentally filter out wanted calls?

Clearly not coming back from vacation very gracefully.

So glad that they don't expect me to conduct classes this week because, honestly, those kids would have been traumitized by the amount of confusion that I'd have otherwise inflicted opon them had I been given the usual run right after a big break.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:14:09 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6931 on: August 17, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »

Yeahhhh, they drive me mad. Even tried the plastic bottle trick but they didn't fall for it.  :cry:

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #6932 on: August 17, 2017, 02:17:06 PM »
Just gave my 60 days notice. Already getting the guilt trip about how much of a burden 2 extra classes a week for 2 months will be for my CTs.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6933 on: August 17, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »
Fruit flies normally make it into your home from the fruit or veggies you buy from wherever. So eat them fast and/or keep them sealed in your own containers and/or in the fridge -- remove them from any packaging or containers that they were purchased in and toss those out immediately.

Once fruit flies are in the home, you have to get rid of any source of food. So organic waste should be immediately disposed of, leftovers should be kept in sealed containers or in the fridge. Sink and drain need to be kept empty and cleaned. Trash needs to be taken out or sealed so that there's no in or out unless you say so. Surfaces should be wiped down. Fruit flies can live on very, very little. So you need to be diligent. :)

Then you kill off the fuckers still flying around, and you'll be good after a couple of days.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:25:26 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6934 on: August 17, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »

So glad that they don't expect me to conduct classes this week because, honestly, those kids would have been traumitized by the amount of confusion that I'd have otherwise inflicted opon them had I been given the usual run right after a big break.

I feel that. Was scheduled for 4 classes today (first day back for the kiddos) and (thankfully!) only one had the gall to show up. Still a little annoyed at that TBH... :rolleyes:

I mean you can't expect me to go form 0 to 4/5 classes all on the first day! I need time to make peace with the fact that I even have to be in this building again for 8 hours a day. And you you want me to be fun and talky, too?! No way. Slowly, please. Ease me into it like an old man into a warm bath.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6935 on: August 17, 2017, 02:28:00 PM »
Seriously, even the KTs are like, "Wtf is the point?"

They've just been skimming by with easy review lessons. I've only seen like a couple of math teachers immediately launch into the next chapter.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6936 on: August 17, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
The teacher next to me is sucking on candy in a way that can only be described as violently.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :huh:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6937 on: August 22, 2017, 07:05:53 AM »
Working while sick is dumb, and I hate it.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6938 on: August 22, 2017, 07:12:14 AM »
Seriously, even the KTs are like, "Wtf is the point?"

They've just been skimming by with easy review lessons. I've only seen like a couple of math teachers immediately launch into the next chapter.

Even after the test before the summer holidays we had a week before the semester finished, I like many other teachers let the students have chatting time or watching a film.  But the maths teacher was full on, 100% Teacher Talking Time class and also last week.  All the students looked bored shitless. 

Offline damocha

• Adventurer
« Reply #6939 on: August 22, 2017, 08:07:02 AM »
Fruit flies normally make it into your home from the fruit or veggies you buy from wherever. So eat them fast and/or keep them sealed in your own containers and/or in the fridge -- remove them from any packaging or containers that they were purchased in and toss those out immediately.

Once fruit flies are in the home, you have to get rid of any source of food. So organic waste should be immediately disposed of, leftovers should be kept in sealed containers or in the fridge. Sink and drain need to be kept empty and cleaned. Trash needs to be taken out or sealed so that there's no in or out unless you say so. Surfaces should be wiped down. Fruit flies can live on very, very little. So you need to be diligent. :)

Then you kill off the fuckers still flying around, and you'll be good after a couple of days.

I left on vacation for 2 weeks and thought I had taken out the trash before I left. I had not. The trash was a disaster. Fruit flies everywhere, egg sacs stuck to the inside of the bin. It was awful.

Trick for getting rid of the remaining fruit flies in your house:
Put some yeast, warm water, and a little sugar in an empty plastic bottle. Beer might work too. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few small holes in the wrap. The fruit flies will get stuck in the bottle and drown in the liquid.