October 19, 2017, 03:42:15 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521501 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6820 on: July 19, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »

"mock the textbook CD videos"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love doing this with my kids!!!!!

I CAN PLAY THE GUITAR!
-Derpy Dad who sounds........................ touched/special
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6821 on: July 19, 2017, 06:28:23 PM »
Huh. Maybe my experience is the unusual one, then. I usually get about 10-15 packages delivered every month, and each and every one is the same process.

But Waygook.org user Mr. DeMartino is right - you can get it dropped off at a convenience store.

I would prefer it get dropped of my school, hence the note I left. I'm a 5 minute walk from my school, and if they won't leave at my door, they might as well just bring it to me.

Not being rude here, I know it's hard to tell meaning from text so I'm not being shitty  :laugh: :laugh:

but why dont you put your schools address and have it delivered there? Most teachers do it.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6822 on: July 19, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »
Huh. Maybe my experience is the unusual one, then. I usually get about 10-15 packages delivered every month, and each and every one is the same process.

But Waygook.org user Mr. DeMartino is right - you can get it dropped off at a convenience store.

I would prefer it get dropped of my school, hence the note I left. I'm a 5 minute walk from my school, and if they won't leave at my door, they might as well just bring it to me.

Not being rude here, I know it's hard to tell meaning from text so I'm not being shitty  :laugh: :laugh:

but why dont you put your schools address and have it delivered there? Most teachers do it.

Because I'm at a different school everyday, and I didn't know when they would ship the tags. I also assumed they would just leave it at my door since it's just an envelope with low value.

Plus the one time I had something delivered here, it was delivered to the wrong school and I spent 2 days trying to track down the teacher who signed for it. Again, I think it's just easier for them to come up here after they call since I'm just down the street...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:33:27 PM by jddavis7 »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6823 on: July 19, 2017, 06:33:27 PM »

Occasionally my elem. coT will say she needs to teach a class alone (while I just keep quiet in the back), aka click through the CD. 

She sings along with the songs. 

She's the only one. 

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6824 on: July 19, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »

Occasionally my elem. coT will say she needs to teach a class alone (while I just keep quiet in the back), aka click through the CD. 

She sings along with the songs. 

She's the only one.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I honestly would not be able to keep it together. I wouldn't.

I CAN PLAY THE GUITAR!

Hahahaha the Dad's always sound so bad and bus drivers/shopkeepers/bakers and teachers always sound really creepy. There is also always that one kids that is so nasal even I struggle to understand WTF he is saying!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6825 on: July 19, 2017, 11:18:39 PM »
Why are KIA cars so annoying?  I looked at the new Stonic; terrible name, nuice looking machine for the cost.  Anyway, i try to get in, i don't fit , so i adjust the seat in every possible way, and then the steering wheel.  I end in a position where my knees are very close to the wheel, and may knock it whilst driving.  Also, in this position, there is zero leg room behind me, and my wife needs to sit there to look after the baby.

The Hyundai Kona doesn't seem to have this problem, i can sit quite comfortably as i do in my current small car; Hyundai Accent.  The only prblem is the Kona looks over designed on the outside, and very under designed inside.

I also tried to sit in a K3, and a Sorento and had the same problems.  I am tall but not monstrously tall, 6 foot 1 is barely above UK average!

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6826 on: July 19, 2017, 11:39:00 PM »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6827 on: July 20, 2017, 10:43:16 AM »
Walked face first into a spider web on my way to the bus stop. 

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6828 on: July 20, 2017, 10:43:51 AM »
I dislike when I am trying to relax and use the restroom at school, and the cleaning lady comes in and decides to start slinging her mop all over the place. Actually, I really wish that they would pick up on the whole close the restroom to clean it thing.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6829 on: July 20, 2017, 11:01:13 AM »

I CAN PLAY THE GUITAR!
Is that from the YBM grade 4 lesson 4 video?
My kids begged and pleaded to watch that part over and over again. We spent a good 10 minutes with that on loop just laughing and laughing...
I wish I had that on video so I could send it to whoever makes them. I'm sure it would put a warm glow in their heart knowing how much joy they brought to my classroom!
 :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #6830 on: July 20, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »
Is that from the YBM grade 4 lesson 4 video?
Grade 3, but yeah, YBM. The mom and dad are sitting in the backyard. So weird.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6831 on: July 20, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »
Kids are noisy banshees today. They got that summer fever~

Yep. My classes are write-offs this week. If I walk through the hallway during a free period, I see ~80% of the homeroom teachers playing movies. Heaven forbid I suggest we watch a movie during my class time though. My school is also hilariously starting summer vacation a week later than most schools this year because of some construction last winter vacation (I think. It's unclear.) Another week and a half of movies for the kids it is.

Yeahhh so what's up with that? I've witnessed the same thing yet was pressured to spend the last half week of class continuing to teach from the book. I ended up doing a fun lesson because I don't have a death wish but why am I perceived as lazy for actively planning/participating in a fun lesson and yet 35 minutes of Ratatouille is totes cool elsewhere?

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6832 on: July 20, 2017, 12:08:32 PM »
Apparently the movie Moana is not appropriate for children in Korea according to my coteacher.... Because it depicts a different religion to hers and this might confuse children.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6833 on: July 20, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
Apparently the movie Moana is not appropriate for children in Korea according to my coteacher.... Because it depicts a different religion to hers and this might confuse children.

That's too bad, my own kids have loved it. Even the ones who complained about the choice ended up being completely sucked into it.

What are the alternatives, lol?

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6834 on: July 20, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »

:huh: I honestly have no words for this.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6835 on: July 20, 2017, 12:36:56 PM »
Actually, I really wish that they would pick up on the whole close the restroom to clean it thing.

I hope they don't. At my Friday school, the restroom is being "cleaned" usually for the entirety of the afternoon. Thankfully, there are double doors that both lock to the main teacher's crapper so I can get a little bit of privacy to drop a deuce.

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #6836 on: July 20, 2017, 12:51:53 PM »
Today, my Gr.6's were given needles to play with.   :huh:
Actual needles.  With sharp, pointy, stabby bits.

Why!!!???!!!

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6837 on: July 20, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »

:huh: I honestly have no words for this.

Totally inappropriate for kids.

:)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6838 on: July 20, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »

I once had a coworker tear down all the Halloween decorations and art that students in the afterschool class had made, because she said Halloween wasn't appropriate. These were like, cute cartoon pumpkins and black cats and stuff. Not scary.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6839 on: July 20, 2017, 01:15:37 PM »
Actually, I really wish that they would pick up on the whole close the restroom to clean it thing.

I hope they don't. At my Friday school, the restroom is being "cleaned" usually for the entirety of the afternoon. Thankfully, there are double doors that both lock to the main teacher's crapper so I can get a little bit of privacy to drop a deuce.

If we had the double thing it may be okay. I just hate while I am trying to do the do in peace, and she comes in, makes tea, pushes stuff around, and then proceeds to "clean" the floor by sloshing water everywhere. She doesn't spend long in there, so for me at least, it would be nice if she would just wait a few *&%**&% minutes. I heard, or didn't hear(?) that there would be some kind of new law/something passed that would require the closing of restrooms to clean? Maybe I am just making things up...

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment