October 17, 2017, 04:58:35 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 518885 times)

Online SteveBruce

• Adventurer
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6760 on: July 14, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
It seems like I arrived here 2 years too late

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6761 on: July 14, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »
I'm a fan of the spam and jam toasts~

Literally the best is frying Spam until it's dry and crispy and then putting it on toast.

never taking health advice from you again

Did you ever take it before?

no   :P

But I really need to start taking some sort of health advice. Everything I read about processed foods, sugar and inflammation freaks me out.

Take it from me. Fried spam is legit.*

*In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by spamalafil (the active ingredient contained in Spam). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
Major Side Effects

You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking spamalafil:
Less common:

Arm, back, or jaw pain
    blurred vision
    chest pain or discomfort
    chest tightness or heaviness
    chills
    cold sweats
    confusion
    dizziness
    fainting
    faintness or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
    fast or irregular heartbeat
    headache
    hearing loss
    nausea
    nervousness
    pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
    pounding in the ears
    shortness of breath
    slow or fast heartbeat
    sweating
    unusual tiredness or weakness
    vomiting

Rare

Painful or prolonged erection of the penis

Incidence not known:

Abdominal or stomach pain
    blindness
    blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
    cough
    cracks in the skin
    decrease or change in vision
    diarrhea
    difficulty with speaking
    double vision
    fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
    headache, severe and throbbing
    hives or welts
    inability to move the arms, legs, or facial muscles
    inability to speak
    itching
    joint or muscle pain
    loss of heat from the body
    numbness or tingling of the face, hands, or feet
    red irritated eyes
    red skin lesions, often with a purple center
    red, swollen skin
    redness of the skin
    redness or soreness of the eyes
    scaly skin
    skin rash
    slow speech
    sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
    sudden cardiac death
    swelling of the feet or lower legs

Minor Side Effects

Some of the side effects that can occur with spamalafil may not need medical attention. As your body adjusts to the food during digestion these side effects may go away. Your health care professional may also be able to tell you about ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects. If any of the following side effects continue, are bothersome or if you have any questions about them, check with your health care professional:
More common:

Acid or sour stomach
    belching
    heartburn
    indigestion
    stomach discomfort, upset, or pain

Less common:

Bloody nose
    body aches or pain
    burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
    burning, dry, or itching eyes
    burning feeling in the chest or stomach
    congestion
    difficulty with moving
    difficulty with swallowing
    dry mouth
    dryness or soreness of the throat
    excessive eye discharge
    eye pain
    feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
    feeling of warmth, redness of the face, neck, arms and occasionally, upper chest
    fever
    hoarseness
    increased erection
    lack or loss of strength
    loose stools
    muscle aching or cramping
    muscle stiffness
    nasal congestion
    neck pain
    pain
    pain in the arms or legs
    pain or burning in the throat
    redness, pain, swelling of the eye, eyelid, or inner lining of the eyelid
    reduced sensitivity to touch
    runny nose
    sensation of spinning
    sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
    sleeplessness
    spontaneous penile erection
    stomach upset
    swelling of the eyelids
    swelling or puffiness of the eyes or face
    swollen joints
    tearing
    tender, swollen glands in the neck
    tenderness in the stomach area
    trouble with sleeping
    unable to sleep
    upper abdominal or stomach pain
    voice changes
    watering of the eyes

Rare

Changes in color vision

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6762 on: July 14, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »
it's become a little too accepted to bash smokers over other groups who possibly deserve it as much.

My wife makes a big display of disgust whenever she encounters a street smoker and always runs ahead of them whenever they happen to be walking ahead of us in the same direction. It ruins her mood for a good few minutes. I agree, this is a bit overblown. She would make the health argument, and she is truly disgusted by the smell (she's super sensitive to smells in general), but I would imagine that what irks most people about this behavior is that it's largely avoidable without much cost to the smoker (find a parking lot, or at least stop walking, or at least stop walking with a lit cigarette in a very crowded area), but that person doesn't possess even that slightest of considerations for those around her. The funny thing about Davis's example is that the offending smokers *did* make an effort to spare others of the odour, but in so doing  actually make it worse.

Not even smokers want their home to smell like cigarettes. That's why they walk outside and subject everyone else to it. You must admit, the smell of stale smoke that infuses a room can be vomit-inducing. Now imagine your room smells like this and you don't even smoke to begin with.

Two years ago you could still smoke in pubs and restaurants in Korea, now it's banned on whole streets. The turnaround, compared to most places, has been exponential. I guess in other countries smokers had more time to adapt to their persecution little by little.  Somebody smoking on the street ahead of you could never be described as more than a minor irritant. Not worth curtailing people's freedom for IMO.

Uh, it's a major irritant with a very simple solution: don't be a jerk. Smelling a whiff of cigarette smoke as you walk past someone? Minor.

Someone exhaling smoke in front of you and letting their cig burn while walking? Super rude.

Just because someone's free to do something doesn't mean it's not a lame thing to do.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6763 on: July 14, 2017, 05:12:17 PM »
I think I'm fine with not eating spam  :laugh:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6764 on: July 14, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »
I think I'm fine with not eating spam  :laugh:

Korea is not.  You must understand their unique culinary palate.  Eat rice and spam, you must.  Or, no jam. 

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6765 on: July 14, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »

Two years ago you could still smoke in pubs and restaurants in Korea, now it's banned on whole streets. The turnaround, compared to most places, has been exponential. I guess in other countries smokers had more time to adapt to their persecution little by little.  Somebody smoking on the street ahead of you could never be described as more than a minor irritant. Not worth curtailing people's freedom for IMO.

Yeah, it's actually really surprising the amount of rules/laws that have been put in place to stop smoking in just a few years. In addition to the above, there was the drastic increase of cigarette prices. Also, my co-teacher's daughter "manages" CUs and she says that their corporate office has REALLY cracked down on checking I.Ds for cigarettes. Even going as far as sending in an older looking teen to see if they get checked.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6766 on: July 14, 2017, 05:23:28 PM »
I am Daniel

I am DonoVan
DonoVan I am

That DonoVan-I-am
That DonoVan-I-am!
I do not like
That DonoVan-I-am

Do you like
Spam and jam?

I do not like them,
DonoVan-I-am.
I do not like
toasted spam and jam.

Would you like them
Here or there?

I would not like them
Here or there.
I would not like them
Anywhere.
I do not like
Toasted spam and jam.
Definitely not. Totally no-jam.

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6767 on: July 14, 2017, 05:38:04 PM »
it's become a little too accepted to bash smokers over other groups who possibly deserve it as much.

My wife makes a big display of disgust whenever she encounters a street smoker and always runs ahead of them whenever they happen to be walking ahead of us in the same direction. It ruins her mood for a good few minutes. I agree, this is a bit overblown. She would make the health argument, and she is truly disgusted by the smell (she's super sensitive to smells in general), but I would imagine that what irks most people about this behavior is that it's largely avoidable without much cost to the smoker (find a parking lot, or at least stop walking, or at least stop walking with a lit cigarette in a very crowded area), but that person doesn't possess even that slightest of considerations for those around her. The funny thing about Davis's example is that the offending smokers *did* make an effort to spare others of the odour, but in so doing  actually make it worse.

Not even smokers want their home to smell like cigarettes. That's why they walk outside and subject everyone else to it. You must admit, the smell of stale smoke that infuses a room can be vomit-inducing. Now imagine your room smells like this and you don't even smoke to begin with.

Totally agree!
but also I don't know about Seoul but here is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than somewhere like the UK. When I was at home I would walk and smoke all the time (if it wasn't super crowded) but here I never would. People generally tuck themselves away in alleys etc. (Apart from a few ). One of my co workers told me that he loved London because people smoke anywhere outside and he felt free!  ;D

I really think more places / apartments / cafes should have designated smoking rooms. Smokers can smoke. Non smokers aren't bothered by it.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6768 on: July 14, 2017, 05:49:18 PM »
I had never even seen spam (except on the television) until I moved here so I bought some thinking this was the hidden treasure of canned foods. It is revolting. *this reminds me - we need a little green sick emoji*
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6769 on: July 14, 2017, 05:50:49 PM »
I had never even seen spam (except on the television) until I moved here so I bought some thinking this was the hidden treasure of canned foods. It is revolting. *this reminds me - we need a little green sick emoji*

You people are weird.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6770 on: July 14, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »

Did you have it fried until crispy?  I rather like it when cooked that way.  If you only have it mushy and uncooked then it is blargh indeed. 

I actually prefer it over crispy western style bacon.  I've never been much of a fan of bacon though.  Sausage links are where it's at. 

Online Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6771 on: July 14, 2017, 06:00:17 PM »
Screw Spam. There is only one processed meat product worth eating*, in my book:

*Not counting sausages, brats, all-beef hotdogs, etc.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6772 on: July 14, 2017, 06:00:51 PM »
I am Daniel

I am DonoVan
DonoVan I am

That DonoVan-I-am
That DonoVan-I-am!
I do not like
That DonoVan-I-am

Do you like
Spam and jam?

I do not like them,
DonoVan-I-am.
I do not like
toasted spam and jam.

Would you like them
Here or there?

I would not like them
Here or there.
I would not like them
Anywhere.
I do not like
Toasted spam and jam.

This is the greatest thing I've read in a while.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6773 on: July 14, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
I am Daniel

I am DonoVan
DonoVan I am

That DonoVan-I-am
That DonoVan-I-am!
I do not like
That DonoVan-I-am

Do you like
Spam and jam?

I do not like them,
DonoVan-I-am.
I do not like
toasted spam and jam.

Would you like them
Here or there?

I would not like them
Here or there.
I would not like them
Anywhere.
I do not like
Toasted spam and jam.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6774 on: July 14, 2017, 06:15:19 PM »

Did you have it fried until crispy?  I rather like it when cooked that way.  If you only have it mushy and uncooked then it is blargh indeed. 

I actually prefer it over crispy western style bacon.  I've never been much of a fan of bacon though.  Sausage links are where it's at.

To be fair, Spam is totally edible with a spoon straight out of the can. But, that might not be for everyone.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6775 on: July 14, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »

To be fair, Spam is totally edible with a spoon straight out of the can. But, that might not be for everyone.

*shudders*

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6776 on: July 14, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »

Mister Fancy Pants with a spoon :rolleyes:

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6777 on: July 14, 2017, 06:23:28 PM »

Mister Fancy Pants with a spoon :rolleyes:

Or just slide it out and bite it, jeez.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6778 on: July 17, 2017, 01:14:54 PM »
Okay, so I went to class as the bell rang, nothing unusual except the teacher I teach with isn't in the teacher's office. I figure he just went ahead to open the door for the kids.

Get to the classroom and the door is closed, which is strange since there's usually a lot of late kids, but it's not unheard of since my COT closes the door after he gets in there.

Except the door is locked.

I knocked 4 times, and no one answered. I can hear the students in there, and they aren't too loud to hear my knocks.

Wish I could have been told there was no class instead of locked out.

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6779 on: July 17, 2017, 01:24:41 PM »

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment