November 19, 2017, 11:57:29 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564886 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6660 on: July 20, 2017, 08:01:13 AM »

"mock the textbook CD videos"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love doing this with my kids!!!!!

I CAN PLAY THE GUITAR!
-Derpy Dad who sounds........................ touched/special
Is that from the YBM grade 4 lesson 4 video?
My kids begged and pleaded to watch that part over and over again. We spent a good 10 minutes with that on loop just laughing and laughing...
I wish I had that on video so I could send it to whoever makes them. I'm sure it would put a warm glow in their heart knowing how much joy they brought to my classroom!
 :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #6661 on: July 20, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »
Is that from the YBM grade 4 lesson 4 video?
Grade 3, but yeah, YBM. The mom and dad are sitting in the backyard. So weird.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6662 on: July 20, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »
Kids are noisy banshees today. They got that summer fever~

Yep. My classes are write-offs this week. If I walk through the hallway during a free period, I see ~80% of the homeroom teachers playing movies. Heaven forbid I suggest we watch a movie during my class time though. My school is also hilariously starting summer vacation a week later than most schools this year because of some construction last winter vacation (I think. It's unclear.) Another week and a half of movies for the kids it is.

Yeahhh so what's up with that? I've witnessed the same thing yet was pressured to spend the last half week of class continuing to teach from the book. I ended up doing a fun lesson because I don't have a death wish but why am I perceived as lazy for actively planning/participating in a fun lesson and yet 35 minutes of Ratatouille is totes cool elsewhere?

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6663 on: July 20, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »
Apparently the movie Moana is not appropriate for children in Korea according to my coteacher.... Because it depicts a different religion to hers and this might confuse children.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6664 on: July 20, 2017, 09:13:43 AM »
Apparently the movie Moana is not appropriate for children in Korea according to my coteacher.... Because it depicts a different religion to hers and this might confuse children.

That's too bad, my own kids have loved it. Even the ones who complained about the choice ended up being completely sucked into it.

What are the alternatives, lol?

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6665 on: July 20, 2017, 09:19:35 AM »

:huh: I honestly have no words for this.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6666 on: July 20, 2017, 09:36:56 AM »
Actually, I really wish that they would pick up on the whole close the restroom to clean it thing.

I hope they don't. At my Friday school, the restroom is being "cleaned" usually for the entirety of the afternoon. Thankfully, there are double doors that both lock to the main teacher's crapper so I can get a little bit of privacy to drop a deuce.

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #6667 on: July 20, 2017, 09:51:53 AM »
Today, my Gr.6's were given needles to play with.   :huh:
Actual needles.  With sharp, pointy, stabby bits.

Why!!!???!!!

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6668 on: July 20, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »

:huh: I honestly have no words for this.

Totally inappropriate for kids.

:)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6669 on: July 20, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »

I once had a coworker tear down all the Halloween decorations and art that students in the afterschool class had made, because she said Halloween wasn't appropriate. These were like, cute cartoon pumpkins and black cats and stuff. Not scary.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6670 on: July 20, 2017, 10:15:37 AM »
Actually, I really wish that they would pick up on the whole close the restroom to clean it thing.

I hope they don't. At my Friday school, the restroom is being "cleaned" usually for the entirety of the afternoon. Thankfully, there are double doors that both lock to the main teacher's crapper so I can get a little bit of privacy to drop a deuce.

If we had the double thing it may be okay. I just hate while I am trying to do the do in peace, and she comes in, makes tea, pushes stuff around, and then proceeds to "clean" the floor by sloshing water everywhere. She doesn't spend long in there, so for me at least, it would be nice if she would just wait a few *&%**&% minutes. I heard, or didn't hear(?) that there would be some kind of new law/something passed that would require the closing of restrooms to clean? Maybe I am just making things up...

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6671 on: July 20, 2017, 10:21:15 AM »

If we had the double thing it may be okay. I just hate while I am trying to do the do in peace, and she comes in, makes tea, pushes stuff around, and then proceeds to "clean" the floor by sloshing water everywhere. She doesn't spend long in there, so for me at least, it would be nice if she would just wait a few *&%**&% minutes. I heard, or didn't hear(?) that there would be some kind of new law/something passed that would require the closing of restrooms to clean? Maybe I am just making things up...

What'd be really great is if they could - and this is going to sound crazy - do the cleaning after school hours. That way they're free to clean without interruption from students or faculty, and said students and faculty won't have to worry about needing to use the restroom only to find it closed for cleaning. I might just be misremembering, but I'm reasonably certain that's how most of the schools I attended did things.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6672 on: July 20, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »

What'd be really great is if they could - and this is going to sound crazy - do the cleaning after school hours. That way they're free to clean without interruption from students or faculty, and said students and faculty won't have to worry about needing to use the restroom only to find it closed for cleaning. I might just be misremembering, but I'm reasonably certain that's how most of the schools I attended did things.

Nah, I think you recall correctly.  I feel like most of the schools I went to had the main cleaning done at night. 

Here, I imagine they don't want to keep the schools open after regular hours, so maybe that's why cleaning is done during the day?  Or maybe they think ajummas should have evenings off for family or whatever. 

Side note, in elementary school there was a janitor named Kaspar.  He was German and the coolest. 

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6673 on: July 20, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »
the cleaning ladies at my school seem to think the best time to clean the bathrooms is in the 10 minute break between classes - when everyone wants to use the restrooms.

i mean seriously, you've got 40 minutes while class is going on to clean the bathrooms and decide to do it during the break time?

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6674 on: July 20, 2017, 11:41:36 AM »
and thus begin the bi-yearly cries of "kobayashi teacher, i don't think the materials you wanted for camp will arrive in time".

why ask me to submit the order form 3 weeks in advance if you're going to order everything two days before camp starts and just pray that it arrives?

good thing i'm used to this and basically plan all my camps as if there's no budget, and then just add things in on the off chance my materials actually arrive.

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #6675 on: July 20, 2017, 12:07:19 PM »
Just went to Daiso. Apparently they decided 11:30am on a thursday was the best time to completely rearrange the entire store. Several Daiso ajummas blocking every aisle putting stuff on the shelves, boxes lying around everywhere, those prong things you hang stuff on lying everywhere just waiting for people to step on them, just a complete mess. And of course the store is crowded with people shopping. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEARN HOW TO DO SPLIT-SHIFTS IN 2017 AND DO IT AT NIGHT WHEN THE STORE IS CLOSED? NO EVERYONE MUST DO THE SAME THING AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE KOREA.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6676 on: July 20, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »
and thus begin the bi-yearly cries of "kobayashi teacher, i don't think the materials you wanted for camp will arrive in time".

why ask me to submit the order form 3 weeks in advance if you're going to order everything two days before camp starts and just pray that it arrives?

good thing i'm used to this and basically plan all my camps as if there's no budget, and then just add things in on the off chance my materials actually arrive.
I hope your materials come! I submitted  what I need, so the list is working its way up through the office administrator, the VP, and the principal. Once they all approve then they'll (hopefully) order everything.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6677 on: July 20, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
How I feel lately:

:azn:: It's a beautiful day! Man, I love living in Korea!

*is mildly inconvenienced*

>:(: Ugh, Korea is so weird. I can't wait to go home and get out of here.

Man, I need summer break to come just a tad faster. A break from the kids will do me some good. :undecided:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6678 on: July 20, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »
How I feel lately:

Man, I need summer break to come just a tad faster. A break from the kids will do me some good. :undecided:

At least you haven't switched to the grumpyface feeling all the time.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6679 on: July 20, 2017, 03:13:23 PM »
How I feel lately:

At least you haven't switched to the grumpyface feeling all the time.
I'm leaning heavily towards not renewing next year, and now that I'm pretty sure I'm going home things are starting to irritate me more. The scary thing is I let myself be annoyed by little things. Since I'm not staying I don't have to pretend that things don't bother me, but that's such a horrible attitude to have. I have to convince myself to remain positive, because life here truly is pretty decent. I'm hoping the upcoming break (even if it is just a measly week) will cure me of grumpyface.