November 24, 2017, 03:31:07 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 571379 times)

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6200 on: July 03, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
I'm siding more with Kobayashi on this one.  She seems to be playing the field, so why is she doing online dating and chatting with your friends if she has another boyfriend.  She's playing the field, and doesn't really seem to be that bothered about the consequences or anyone's feelings, especially yours. 

Y'all are going to think I'm delusional, but I do know more about this situation than y'all, even if I can recognise my own biases.

Regarding the tinder thing, Donald (shit, I put his real name in there and had to fix it to Donald again hahaha) had mentioned that she was being flaky as shit and I learned later she was only on for 5 days. She had her gay friend texting the guys for a laugh. This isn't to take away from the fact that seeing her surprised me quite a bit.

Regarding her talking to my friends, her boyfriend in Japan is these guys best mate. (Sam R's group that I've been gravitating towards)  She's not going around behind his back with all these men, they're all supertight friends for the last couple of years), he's in Japan, that's it. If anything, they'll be judging her if she starts getting messy with some guys at the bar.

I have no idea if she's playing the field, I don't. But the assumptions made by you (I'm not angry haha but they are assumptions) don't hold a lot of weight.

so i might have missed a few posts here, but this girl was also on tinder chatting to people? so to summarize:

she gave you an ultimatum after you had a serious head injury and almost died.

broke up with you at the airport, after flying half way around the world to see her.

has a boyfriend overseas, and yet goes on tinder for .... shits and giggles?

gets her gay friend to mess guys on tinder around for shits and giggles.

dude, seriously, this is not the type of person i would want to associate with at all. even if there wasn't history between you. it sounds like you actually dodged a bullet when she broke up with you.

she keeps asking about you because you're being aloof and distant, and not talking to her is getting the little hamster wheel turning. "why doesn't CO2 want to talk to me, doesn't he like me anymore? does he think i'm a bad person?" and blah blah.

she wants to talk to you to get validation that you still like her. she wants to talk to you for HER, not for you.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6201 on: July 03, 2017, 03:09:38 PM »
yay humidity!  :blank:

Right, since last Thursday, it has that walk outside and sweatsville starts, kind of feel.  Cue damp pillows in the early morning.

My school is like a rainforest in the hallways  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hahahaha That is a perfect description!

The offices are ice boxes whilst the hallways are indeed rainforests.   :sad:  One of my schools has floors that seem to literally sweat.   :huh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #6202 on: July 03, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »
she keeps asking about you because you're being aloof and distant, and not talking to her is getting the little hamster wheel turning. "why doesn't CO2 want to talk to me, doesn't he like me anymore? does he think i'm a bad person?" and blah blah.

she wants to talk to you to get validation that you still like her. she wants to talk to you for HER, not for you.

Yeah, I've mulled this over, too. I'll give you points for this one.

Who doesn't want to be liked? hahaha God knows I'm guilty of being an attention whore.  :laugh:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6203 on: July 03, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »
I think Kobayashi's spot on.  Dodged a bullet.  Now onward and upward!

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6204 on: July 03, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »
She does seem a little selfish. I can't really wrap my head around the whole breaking up at the airport thing, why did she wait? She should have broken up with you beforehand like any decent person would do. She sounds like romcom villain to be honest. But I think it would have been worse to continue the relationship when her heart wasn't in it :/

But the most important thing to do is to make sure she isn't in a position to upset you anymore! Make sure you protect yourself first!

It might feel a little good to indulge in these thoughts and convos because hey, she's talking about you to other people and maybe it feels exciting that she's still thinking about you and you're suddenly thrown together again... but the bigger picture is sometimes people just don't deserve our time! A balance between being able to see her while not feeling horrible and getting emotionally attached is important. Protect yo'self!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6205 on: July 03, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »
She does seem a little selfish. I can't really wrap my head around the whole breaking up at the airport thing, why did she wait? She should have broken up with you beforehand like any decent person would do. She sounds like romcom villain to be honest.

So her life could be a Korean drama?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6206 on: July 03, 2017, 03:26:09 PM »
I need to ask my coteacher an important meeting tomorrow (which will cause me to miss a class) and he's been MIA from his desk since classes ended an hour ago.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6207 on: July 03, 2017, 03:32:36 PM »
yay humidity!  :blank:

Right, since last Thursday, it has that walk outside and sweatsville starts, kind of feel.  Cue damp pillows in the early morning.

My school is like a rainforest in the hallways  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hahahaha That is a perfect description!

The offices are ice boxes whilst the hallways are indeed rainforests.   :sad:  One of my schools has floors that seem to literally sweat.   :huh:

Oh gawd, I remember my first year here, we had a school that had sweaty floors, I was never able to figure out why!!! This school does not have that, but it does smell like a combination of a urinal and a wet dirty dog right now.....
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6208 on: July 03, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
People rave about Skyscanner, but Ive never had any luck with it. Ill find a flight for a reasonable amount, click to go to that website, and it will say something like In the 5 seconds since you clicked on that link that flight is no longer available. But here are some other flights for $500 more, sucker.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6209 on: July 03, 2017, 03:38:29 PM »
People rave about Skyscanner, but Ive never had any luck with it. Ill find a flight for a reasonable amount, click to go to that website, and it will say something like In the 5 seconds since you clicked on that link that flight is no longer available. But here are some other flights for $500 more, sucker.
For the most part, all the big flight aggregators are similar. I like how Hipmunk lays out out. Skyscanner is kind of disappointing to me. Actually, I use Expedia a lot, too. And when I'm travelling domestically in SE Asian countries, I just use the local LCC websites, which is by far the cheapest option.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6210 on: July 03, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »
For the most part, all the big flight aggregators are similar. I like how Hipmunk lays out out. Skyscanner is kind of disappointing to me. Actually, I use Expedia a lot, too. And when I'm travelling domestically in SE Asian countries, I just use the local LCC websites, which is by far the cheapest option.

I just use expedia or google flights and then check around on the individual airline websites. I tried using something like Skyscanner before but it would show prices before factoring tax and fuel surcharges and whatever else, which was not to my liking.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6211 on: July 04, 2017, 07:07:03 AM »

I just use expedia or google flights and then check around on the individual airline websites. I tried using something like Skyscanner before but it would show prices before factoring tax and fuel surcharges and whatever else, which was not to my liking.

Skyscanner is rubbish.  This summer, I was wanting to go to Berlin, and then fly back from Manchester to Incheon.  I did add in a Munich to Manchester leg in between.  Business.  It just kept on coming up with Etihad who really aren't worth touching at the moment.  But like you, I clicked to go to their site and what has loaded there is nothing like what I was searching for.  Either it was a Etihad problem or skyscanner.  They also came up with a lot of 'Travelup' prices which were at least 3 million less than booking with the airline.  Not sure how they can do that and it just wasn't worth the risk.  I tried Momondo but that was equally as bad.  It was just easier and safer to go to with the airline's site. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6212 on: July 04, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »

Skyscanner is rubbish.  This summer, I was wanting to go to Berlin, and then fly back from Manchester to Incheon.  I did add in a Munich to Manchester leg in between.  Business.  It just kept on coming up with Etihad who really aren't worth touching at the moment.  But like you, I clicked to go to their site and what has loaded there is nothing like what I was searching for.  Either it was a Etihad problem or skyscanner.  They also came up with a lot of 'Travelup' prices which were at least 3 million less than booking with the airline.  Not sure how they can do that and it just wasn't worth the risk.  I tried Momondo but that was equally as bad.  It was just easier and safer to go to with the airline's site.

I do the same.

I check with Expedia, and then book on the airline's site.  Prices are not often much different, but customer service is much better if there is an issue.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6213 on: July 04, 2017, 08:05:48 AM »

Who doesn't want to be liked? hahaha God knows I'm guilty of being an attention whore.  :laugh:

I was thinking about this hiking yesterday and I definitely I think it is about the attention.  She is still young and getting all this attention and enjoying it, hence going on the dating sites when she already has a boyfriend.  If I had a girlfriend who I found out was still 'single' and 'online', I would not be best pleased.   Even if her being told online that she is 'super cute' is kind of pointless, because you have no idea who's on the other end.  All your friends think she's cute.  As you do.  That's ain't going to last forever.  She doesn't sound mature enough to understand that all of this floating around is doing no one any favours, except for her confidence, and it is especially affecting you. 

I understand from your POV that you have these romantic ideas about how things could work out like in the films, but it's been four years, after she ditched you at the airport.  Anything conversations with her after that, would probably have been conducted like John Goodman's reaction to Jesus in the Big Lebowski.

Sorry if this thread died, but you're a good lad CO. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:16:22 AM by Dave Stepz »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #6214 on: July 04, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »

I was thinking about this hiking yesterday and I definitely I think it is about the attention.  She is still young and getting all this attention and enjoying it, hence going on the dating sites when she already has a boyfriend.  If I had a girlfriend who I found out was still 'single' and 'online', I would not be best pleased.   Even if her being told online that she is 'super cute' is kind of pointless, because you have no idea who's on the other end.  All your friends think she's cute.  As you do.  That's ain't going to last forever.  She doesn't sound mature enough to understand that all of this floating around is doing no one any favours, except for her confidence, and it is especially affecting you. 

I understand from your POV that you have these romantic ideas about how things could work out like in the films, but it's been four years, after she ditched you at the airport.  Anything conversations with her after that, would probably have been conducted like John Goodman's reaction to Jesus in the Big Lebowski.

Sorry if this thread died, but you're a good lad CO.

Holy shit, that's basically the look I gave her on Sat! hahahaa

Wow, I'm impressed I'm being thought about whilst people are hiking, I'm flattered. Thanks!

ASIDE: Hey, noobs, I have to say this every 6 months, learn how to format your posts. Don't put your reply IN THE QUOTE section of another user. I ain't reading a giant quote and trying to find your reply in there.

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6215 on: July 04, 2017, 08:57:57 AM »

I do the same.

I check with Expedia, and then book on the airline's site.  Prices are not often much different, but customer service is much better if there is an issue.

모드투어 sometimes has some unbeatable deals. The site is all in Korean, but is definitely worth a look if you can navigate it, or have someone to help you. I have on a few different occasions, beat every other sites' deals by at least a few hundred.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #6216 on: July 04, 2017, 12:53:20 PM »
Why do camps have to have damn themes? It's summer, it's hot, the kids would rather be elsewhere (for the most part). Can't it just be fun shit with some English sprinkled in?

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #6217 on: July 04, 2017, 01:04:07 PM »
Why do camps have to have damn themes? It's summer, it's hot, the kids would rather be elsewhere (for the most part). Can't it just be fun shit with some English sprinkled in?

This is my last camp and it's definitely going to be fun shit with a drizzle of English.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.
-AP

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6218 on: July 04, 2017, 01:05:32 PM »

Why not? We do that and it works well. Like, one day is cooking, one is sort of sports, one is usually a movie day. Kids love it!

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6219 on: July 04, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »
Call the camp "Let's Talk!"

You can cover anything you want.