September 21, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 485089 times)

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6200 on: June 15, 2017, 03:03:26 PM »
an example of the astounding 'logic' that goes on in this country - i'm in a small teachers office. the aircon hasn't been turned on by the admin office, but the aircon unit still turns on. but when you turn it on it's set to 난방 - heating - rather than 낸방 - cooling. if you try to turn it onto the 낸방 setting it just goes back to 'heating'.

so the geniuses that inhabit this office with me have decided to turn on the heating, but just put it at the lowest setting - 18C - because since this number is lower than the outside temperature number they think it will just cool down the room.

but all this thing is doing is blowing freaking HOT AIR all around the room. when i leave to teach class and come back in the room is noticeably hotter than all the classrooms, as well as the outside.

how these geniuses think that hot air is going to cool down a room, i really don't know.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6201 on: June 15, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
Sometimes I want to punch newbies in the face... they have been here for 4 months, are still on a pink cloud, and everything is wonderful and they don't understand why you are tired and they never have that much work to do and  blah blah

ME: Yeah mate, try not just downloading the shite on waygook.  Oh you only have one school? Nice. Oh, and no after school classes for 2 hours every day at various schools that have required you to design your own curriculum? Nice. Oh my gawd only one open class for you and no telephone classes? How wonderful!. *shoot myself in the head*

Gawd I cannot wait for that pink cloud to turn to the dark storm cloud of misery... happens every year.... without fail... Yeah, I know, I know I'm jealous as hell.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6202 on: June 15, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »
Sometimes I want to punch newbies in the face... they have been here for 4 months, are still on a pink cloud, and everything is wonderful and they don't understand why you are tired and they never have that much work to do and  blah blah

ME: Yeah mate, try not just downloading the shite on waygook.  Oh you only have one school? Nice. Oh, and no after school classes for 2 hours every day at various schools that have required you to design your own curriculum? Nice. Oh my gawd only one open class for you and no telephone classes? How wonderful!. *shoot myself in the head*

Gawd I cannot wait for that pink cloud to turn to the dark storm cloud of misery... happens every year.... without fail... Yeah, I know, I know I'm jealous as hell.

Lol I sometimes got annoyed at friends from my orientation who would often comment about how light their workloads were and how much deskwarming time they had. I'd remind them that every situation is different. My gig is a lot easier the second year but when I first got here I had many a late night and was generally tired and harried (4 country schools! Woo!). I was quick to earn the respect of the teachers and principal at my main school though.

Offline wanderlust8

• Adventurer
« Reply #6203 on: June 15, 2017, 03:58:37 PM »

I've been here for about three months. I teach at 2 schools and I have one after school class where I create the curriculum. This after school class is also with grade 3 elementary students so their English level is 0. I had 3 open classes. No telephone classes thank goodness though. I would just like to point out that not every newbie is on this pink cloud. I wish I was on this pink cloud you speak of.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6204 on: June 15, 2017, 03:58:58 PM »

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/aa/0c/afaa0c3e88feb918b6451128a9c599df.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6205 on: June 15, 2017, 04:28:32 PM »
Waygook appears to be blocked on the school network so I can only access it via phone. I type much faster on computer. Boo

Offline klx001

• Adventurer
  • what is life.
« Reply #6206 on: June 15, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »

why so bitter. lol. let them have their fun...remember you probably had fun at one point too..even if it was a long long time ago...a time you have forgotten.... you can bath in all their bitterness later when the time comes. maybe they do genuinely enjoy their job.... you probably just need a little get away or another career. whichever you want to chose. lol have some cotton candy while you ponder, it's probably the closest thing to a pink cloud for you at the moment. if you dont like cotton candy...then just look at it. they make some real cute ones here. ;) 
idk tho.

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #6207 on: June 15, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »
Is it just me, or do Monami brand board markers run out of ink ridiculously fast?

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #6208 on: June 15, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »
Is it just me, or do Monami brand board markers run out of ink ridiculously fast?

Peut-etre, mon ami.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6209 on: June 15, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »

Hit or miss? I don't use the markers much but i use the basic pens for writing and some brand new ones either last forever or hardly at all. At least the ones I like are cheap and always in supply at work.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6210 on: June 15, 2017, 05:16:53 PM »

Hit or miss? I don't use the markers much but i use the basic pens for writing and some brand new ones either last forever or hardly at all. At least the ones I like are cheap and always in supply at work.

It was months before I read that brand name as two French words.

I am a bit embarrassed by that.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6211 on: June 15, 2017, 05:20:25 PM »
It depends on if the kids get a hold of the markers when you're not looking, do a billion doodles, then leave the cap half off. I went through so many last year cuz my CT would just let the kids play with them  at lunch or between classes and it drove me nuts o.o

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #6212 on: June 15, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »
I know i am generalizing, but Korean seem to have no sense for conservation when it comes to heating and air-conditioning

Offline kmobl003

• Waygookin - I can PM now!
« Reply #6213 on: June 15, 2017, 06:40:12 PM »
So I am having a difficult time with one of my sixth grade classes. No matter what I do they just don't like any of the games that we play. Like for example we did the whisper game and I had them make two lines which equal two teams, only half the class participated. My CoT even had difficulty getting them involved with that one. I try to stay away from power point games and do things that get them out of their seats. But it is like pulling teeth with these kids. They clearly dont want to be in English class..well at least English class with me. They get along well with my CoT, but mainly becaus ehe can connect with them on level that I cant because I don't speak Korean. Im really starting to feel like a shitty teacher. I just do not know what to do anymore. Its even difficult getting them to pay attention when trying to do the book work. Its just eye rolling, staring off into space, talking and just simply not caring. My other classes are pretty decent. LOVE my fifth graders, BUT the 6th graders man are ****** killing me!!!

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6214 on: June 15, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »

why so bitter. lol. let them have their fun...remember you probably had fun at one point too..even if it was a long long time ago...a time you have forgotten.... you can bath in all their bitterness later when the time comes. maybe they do genuinely enjoy their job.... you probably just need a little get away or another career. whichever you want to chose. lol have some cotton candy while you ponder, it's probably the closest thing to a pink cloud for you at the moment. if you dont like cotton candy...then just look at it. they make some real cute ones here. ;)

Actually no I never had the pink cloud, and I have never had fun. NEVER. 

Also cotton candy is literally poison.  :wink:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6215 on: June 16, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »

It's true.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6216 on: June 16, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »

It's true.

There used to be a poison shop in my hometown. 14 different flavors. Green apple was the best.

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #6217 on: June 16, 2017, 11:24:50 AM »
Thanks for bringing in breakfast but putting grape jelly on a ham and cheese sandwich doesn't work.

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #6218 on: June 16, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »

It's true.

what's your thing with sugar? i've seen you compare it to literal poison a bunch of times when it comes up in threads. i'm genuinely curious.
too many blueprints & not enough architects

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6219 on: June 16, 2017, 11:47:58 AM »

It's true.

There used to be a poison shop in my hometown. 14 different flavors. Green apple was the best.
My bf and I got a multi-flavored poison duck at the Seoul Poison Fair.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment