November 19, 2017, 09:12:19 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 563978 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6000 on: June 13, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm not dying. I apparently have a sinus infection that has resulted in an abscess in my nasal cavity above my eye, and a smaller one toward my ear. pretty disgusting. Anyway, that is being treated and today I feel a smidge better. Thanks.

Phew. This was me this last few days.

Hey, Donovan, my picture fits!  8)

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6001 on: June 13, 2017, 03:16:16 PM »
hahahahahahaha. Yeah I was okay until everyone said meningitis and then I just thought "these walking f*%kin petri dishes we call kids have killed me with their cooties".  Thoughts of  my mind trapped in a useless body, and visions of never being able to hold a wine glass on my own, were more terrifying than death tbh (also I had no idea what meningitis actually does to a person, so I completely let my imagination take over).

Everyone scared the sh*t out of me! Which is a good thing. I got it sorted.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6002 on: June 13, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm not dying. I apparently have a sinus infection that has resulted in an abscess in my nasal cavity above my eye, and a smaller one toward my ear. pretty disgusting. Anyway, that is being treated and today I feel a smidge better. Thanks.

That sounds....better than lupus! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery^^

Phew. This was me this last few days.

Hey, Donovan, my picture fits!  8)

CO2, we're not talking until you recognize my attempt to console you with my favorite GD song in your time of need. :blank:

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6003 on: June 13, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »
Oh yes. I'm sorry to hear of your broken heart CO2. I really had hoped things would somehow work out this time.  :cry: :cry:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #6004 on: June 13, 2017, 03:28:28 PM »
CO2, we're not talking until you recognize my attempt to console you with my favorite GD song in your time of need. :blank:

My bad, I don't have headphones at work.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6005 on: June 13, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »

My bad, I don't have headphones at work.

forgiven :smiley:

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #6006 on: June 13, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6007 on: June 14, 2017, 07:58:32 AM »
My whole school, well the whole town that the school is in, smells so bad of cow shit. I'm so close to spewing, and no one else can even smell it.

I have to teach in a hour.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6008 on: June 14, 2017, 08:45:27 AM »
What head-up-their-ass idiotic civic planner thought it'd be a good idea to set up two, count em, TWO roadwork sites Wednesday morning, rush hour, reducing a busy highway to one, count it, ONE lane, twice? Gah! I got to my school, students were waiting for me in my classroom.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6009 on: June 14, 2017, 08:48:02 AM »
I'm not sure how, but I seem to have sprained my wrist. All day yesterday, and more so today, it has been hurting really badly. I can barely pick up my tea mug because it hurts.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #6010 on: June 14, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
I made a camping trip for this weekend.

I was told at the beginning of April about the Saturday teacher's trip.

I was reminded about this teacher's trip today, that, it is, in fact, this Saturday.

Granted, I should have written this down. But I'll still rant.

FUfgongwoierntoiwenfgoeiwbf rNOB ewq jrtjrewqR q

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6011 on: June 14, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
TV's down on the day all my classes have review classes... Yeah of course that happens the day we're supposed to all play bomb games... Made up some slick reading tictactoe game on the spot.

Offline Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6012 on: June 14, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »
What head-up-their-ass idiotic civic planner thought it'd be a good idea to set up two, count em, TWO roadwork sites Wednesday morning, rush hour, reducing a busy highway to one, count it, ONE lane, twice? Gah! I got to my school, students were waiting for me in my classroom.

They do pick odd times to start their work but they do, do work. Not sure if the quality of it.

Having said that, in the U.K., that road section would just be coned off for a week before they started working.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6013 on: June 14, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »

They do pick odd times to start their work but they do, do work. Not sure if the quality of it.

Having said that, in the U.K., that road section would just be coned off for a week before they started working.

I noticed lots of painting happening on the highways yesterday.  It struck me that they tend to use large crews, so the impact on any one area is short-lived.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #6014 on: June 14, 2017, 09:42:00 AM »
I'm not sure of the quality of the roadwork, but one thing about Korea, when they do the roads they do em and they do em fast.

State of Michigan? That crap will take all summer. Road repair is one of the last things to complain about here, all things considered.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6015 on: June 14, 2017, 10:09:28 AM »
I agree, but I do have one complaint about their crews. I don't like and find it pretty dangerous the way that the work areas sometimes come up so abruptly. Like when they are working on the highway, and there isn't a work sign, but all of a sudden there are just a couple of orange cones and then a work truck just right there. It would be nice if they tapered it a bit more, and gave more warning. Other than that they sure do get stuff done. Seem like they it just took a couple of months for them to build the new bridge near my house...incredible.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6016 on: June 14, 2017, 10:17:13 AM »
I'm not sure of the quality of the roadwork, but one thing about Korea, when they do the roads they do em and they do em fast.

State of Michigan? That crap will take all summer. Road repair is one of the last things to complain about here, all things considered.

Da Hell?
I can attempt to cook an omelette in 30sec, doesn't mean it's going to come out well.

Road repair, is done at warp speed, yet makes very little difference to the abysmal state of the roads... at least in my city.

The manhole covers are like zits on a teenager's face, they pop up everywhere and there's no logic in their placement. At one intersection, there are 5, all within 2m of each other and not
equidistant or in a straight line. Aside being at totally random places on the road, making them impossible to dodge. The covers don't sit flush to the tarmac either. Driving over one feels like driving over massive pothole.

I know my car doesn't have the best suspension, but you'll see pretty much every Equus and Korean 4X4's chassis bounce like a it's on a jumping castle as sound as it hits one. 

Seriously, f*ck whoever designed Korean roads and everyone who looks like them. :evil:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6017 on: June 14, 2017, 10:49:41 AM »

I've lived near the new 9 line extension in Seoul and the construction on the road near my home has been going on for AAAGGGEES. Of course they're constructing a huge underground tunnel, not doing simple road repair, but it's literally been 4 or 5 years now.  It was originally supposed to be completed last year, now it's looking like next year...

I agree, but I do have one complaint about their crews. I don't like and find it pretty dangerous the way that the work areas sometimes come up so abruptly. Like when they are working on the highway, and there isn't a work sign, but all of a sudden there are just a couple of orange cones and then a work truck just right there. It would be nice if they tapered it a bit more, and gave more warning. Other than that they sure do get stuff done. Seem like they it just took a couple of months for them to build the new bridge near my house...incredible.

Might be because the fellas on safety patrol were picked up off the side of the street hours earlier and are paid 30,000 won per day.

Offline traversing

• Veteran
« Reply #6018 on: June 14, 2017, 11:36:56 AM »
Why have a co, who is only at the school to help you with disciplining the older kids (that's literally her only job, she's not a homeroom teacher) when you have to stop teaching and get them to stop? When she ignores students locking each other in cabinets or the student from the other classroom banging on the window and yelling into the classroom? And then after class said how good they were.

I don't always care about kids being noisy, that lightens things up a bit sometimes, but my god if you're going to let them lock each other in a cabinets during class it's only going to go down hill from there. I genuinely like these kids, but none of that is okay. She disciplines them for talking too much, but not for crazy stuff like that...

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #6019 on: June 14, 2017, 12:12:09 PM »
I don't always care about kids being noisy, that lightens things up a bit sometimes, but my god if you're going to let them lock each other in a cabinets during class it's only going to go down hill from there.
I don't know why you're complaining: every child locked in a cabinet means one less troublemaker during class!  :smiley: