October 20, 2017, 01:31:28 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 523407 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5940 on: May 24, 2017, 05:20:47 PM »
How's this for a ppt? *shudders*

Are you sure this isn't a student-made PPt? It's definitely Konglish, whatever it is.

I just googled "shitty ppt"

I have no idea. hahaha

Google is a wondrous thing.  Once for a class I had to bring in some images for some writing activity.  I found some fairly epic pictures and a fellow student asked how I'd found them. 

Literally googled, "black and white photos."  :laugh: :laugh: 

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Adventurer
« Reply #5941 on: May 24, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
10 minutes before home time, yes that is the time to put on the aircon

RAGE!

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5942 on: May 24, 2017, 08:25:00 PM »
Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo! Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo! Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo! Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo! Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo! Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo! Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo! Chee chee pee chee chee bow boo!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5943 on: May 24, 2017, 08:42:21 PM »
30 degrees in May. Gah! What's the actual summer going to be like?

Sizzling summer with less rainfall forecast

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #5944 on: May 25, 2017, 02:00:51 AM »
From a functional standpoint, Impact does everything comic sans does, only better. Shame it's overused. Really, the best font to use for body text is something with high readability and little flourish, because you want to reserve that for headlines and other dividing marks.

Anyway, to make this a rant I'm really just generally dissatisfied with everything. Rawr rawr I'm a malcontent.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5945 on: May 25, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »
I'll never get over all the ways in which this English education system tries to teach students English without ever making them actually... speak English. In the sense that I can't create an activity that requires students to produce the language without giving them a list of options or something to read off of without my CT telling me it's too hard. Those sorts of activities don't exist in the book and they are never tested on it either.

America sucks at teaching 2nd languages, but even back then I had Spanish oral exams that required me to be able to have a (short) conversation with the teacher that wasn't all pre-planned. I actually had to understand the language and be able to respond. I'm not sure if that even happens here in middle and high schools..

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5946 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:54 AM »
From a functional standpoint, Impact does everything comic sans does, only better. Shame it's overused.

You've convinced me.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5947 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »
Why is this one teacher so annoying?? She is honestly like a child at times, no wonder she teaches elementary.  I had set my phone down on a table and she grabbed it to admire my new phone case.  Another time she grabbed at my ear when I had an earring in that she apparently was interested in-- I dodged and backed away but she kept grabbing at me  >:( My students don't even grab at my earrings!! Wtf

For some reason she also has a habit of putting her stuff over mine when there is clearly plenty of other desk space around.  Is this passive aggressiveness?? 

Then she started bugging me about how many students were at one of my schools so I told her and she goes,

"Are you sure??? I think there must be [x amount] of students!"
"Yes, I'm sure."
"Hmm, I do not think so."
"...I know how many students are at my school..."

There are only 13 students TOTAL at that school.  I think I would notice if there were extra students running around.   :rolleyes: 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5948 on: May 25, 2017, 11:28:45 AM »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

This computer sucks.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5949 on: May 25, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »
One of my favorite classes with some of my best (if not brightest) students are turning into zombies. They used to be so enthusiastic: speaking English, smiling, laughing, having fun, learning. Now, they come to class every Thursday morning looking like their favorite puppy has died and I'm lucky to be able to get more than mumbles out of them. Even their homeroom teacher has been all scowly and menacing the past month. What is going on?

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5950 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
One of my favorite classes with some of my best (if not brightest) students are turning into zombies. They used to be so enthusiastic: speaking English, smiling, laughing, having fun, learning. Now, they come to class every Thursday morning looking like their favorite puppy has died and I'm lucky to be able to get more than mumbles out of them. Even their homeroom teacher has been all scowly and menacing the past month. What is going on?

This is normal for the last month or so before the vacation. The kids need a break, and the teachers do too. After summer vacation, the homeroom teacher will probably be back to normal. The kids... it depends. Puberty will decide whether the break was enough or not.

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5951 on: May 25, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

This computer sucks.
have you tried uninstalling ahnlab and the other bloatware? i did with my school computer, and now it runs at normal speed, rather than like a potato

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5952 on: May 25, 2017, 12:32:45 PM »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

This computer sucks.
have you tried uninstalling ahnlab and the other bloatware? i did with my school computer, and now it runs at normal speed, rather than like a potato

They let you do that? I get handed a checklist periodically that ensures my computer is loading with all that crap. If something isn't there, some 'tech' (and I use the term loosely) will come around and make sure my computer is running like a potato.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #5953 on: May 25, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

This computer sucks.

They let you do that? I get handed a checklist periodically that ensures my computer is loading with all that crap. If something isn't there, some 'tech' (and I use the term loosely) will come around and make sure my computer is running like a potato.

Mine is also mandatory.

I should have invested in a second computer.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5954 on: May 25, 2017, 12:37:46 PM »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

This computer sucks.

I have to wonder - have none of the PS computers been upgraded in the past 5 years, or is it just my province?

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5955 on: May 25, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
AhnCrap is basically impossible to uninstall. it just re-installs itself when you reboot the computer.

and every month i have to do some check using a program called 내PC - which is actually a piece of crap itself - and if i don't have all the mandatory 'security' garbage on my computer then it gets flagged.

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5956 on: May 25, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »
AhnCrap is basically impossible to uninstall. it just re-installs itself when you reboot the computer.

and every month i have to do some check using a program called 내PC - which is actually a piece of crap itself - and if i don't have all the mandatory 'security' garbage on my computer then it gets flagged.

I installed AVG on one of the classroom PCs and not only did it find 42 threats that the Korean software couldn't, it flagged the Korean software itself as a threat!

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5957 on: May 25, 2017, 12:50:57 PM »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

This computer sucks.

Mine is also mandatory.

I should have invested in a second computer.
Do what I did: partition the hard drive. Stuff one partition with all the crap, then do a clean English language windows installation on the other.
Just write down all the IPs and gateways etc you need in order to hook up to the school's network and set it up in your new partition.

Log into the other partition once or twice a month to keep all the spyware/malware/bloatware up to date, and everything should go just fine.

It's basically having two computers in one.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:52:46 PM by kyndo »

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #5958 on: May 25, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
Do what I did: partition the hard drive. Stuff one partition with all the crap, then do a clean English language windows installation on the other.
Just write down all the IPs and gateways etc you need in order to hook up to the school's network and set it up in your new partition.

Log into the other partition once or twice a month to keep all the spyware/malware/bloatware up to date, and everything should go just fine.

It's basically having two computers in one.

Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5959 on: May 25, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
Uuuuuuuuuugh.

This computer sucks.

i work in an after school program, so maybe the tech guy doesn't give af about my computer. 

kobayashi: yes, i had to force uninstall it. it's mostly gone, but some of it still lingers for some reason. a program that you CAN'T uninstall? in 2017? absolutely unbelievable.

i like kyndo's idea

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment