October 19, 2017, 03:25:46 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521395 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5900 on: May 22, 2017, 04:59:48 PM »
Dating here can be so exhausting. Some guys are so. damn. needy. I guess some Korean girls like to be treated as if they have lost all control of their mental and physical faculties, but it sure gets old.

"What are you doing?"

"Making dinner."

"Ohhh wow! I bet it is delicious. Send me a pic^^~*~*~"

"It's just mac n cheese, nothing special."

"But I wanna see ㅠㅠ"

*sends pic of half eaten mac n cheese*

"oooWOW! Look so good! You took that picture well!"

andddd suddenly I'm dry.

It sounds harmless, but convos like this every. single. day. start to really get annoying. The problem is guys start off normal, but once you get more serious the strange obsessive babying behavior starts and I stop being attracted to them.

Barf. This is one of the many kinds of annoying the 변태 was before I finally wised up. Somewhat relevant, I hate that females are generally conditioned/taught to be polite to the point that sometimes we put the possibility of offending someone above our own comfort. Like of course it's typically good to be pleasant and nice but such behavior also just welcomes creeps, unfortunately.

Also, not sure we should be proud of reaching near 300 pages on the 3rd ranting thread  :laugh: Should we be worried it will disappear and take preemptive measures by starting a 4th ranting thread? Haha

Hearing these stories makes me appreciate my significant other so much more. Even when we started dating, we would usually just send like a text to say good morning, and then a few texts at night, and like maybe a phone call a couple times a week.

That sounds nice. It's good to have healthy boundaries. All guys are not the same, but I have so many weird stories from dating here. A couple of bfs have even shown up to my house unannounced, just telling me they are on their way and after I told them it wasn't a good time, they ignored me and insisted on coming anyway! I have to get pissed at them before they realize what boundaries are. Their intentions are to be "romantic" or at least kdrama's version of romantic, but they never think it through. I once told a guy that I loved iced lattes so every single time we met he would bring me an iced latte... EVEN if we were on our way to a cafe! Kind gestures are nice.. but just use common sense.

To be honest, once they realized they didn't have to do all that stuff, they were kind of happy. They said it felt as if we were in a relationship just because we liked each other and spending time together and they didn't have to worry about putting on a show. Go figure! Not everything in life has to be a burden.

Honestly, I think a lot of the goofy stuff common in relationships here can be explained partially by lack of experience. When I first started dating, I was clingy and insecure and did stuff like that latte thing all the time. But by the time I was in my mid-20s, I'd thankfully grown out of that. But it came with experience.

Some (a lot of) people here don't start dating in earnest until their mid 20s, so they have limited experience, and are just basing it off of what they've seen on TV, or heard from their friends, or whatever.

Still annoying, though.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5901 on: May 22, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »
30 degrees in May. Gah! What's the actual summer going to be like?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5902 on: May 22, 2017, 07:00:54 PM »
hot :lipsrsealed:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #5903 on: May 22, 2017, 09:26:06 PM »
Weigookin74 died from the heat and humidity I think. (Haven't seen him posting on here for quite some time.)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5904 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:16 PM »
No. He's decided that his gripes now warrant their own threads ;D

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5905 on: May 23, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
Spent my twenty free minutes trying to log onto NEIS. Bell rang as I typed this. NEIS sucks!

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5906 on: May 23, 2017, 11:26:59 AM »
30 degrees in May. Gah! What's the actual summer going to be like?
30 degrees (or higher) and 75-80% humidity.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5907 on: May 23, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »
Spent my twenty free minutes trying to log onto NEIS. Bell rang as I typed this. NEIS sucks!

What're you doing?

You just type in your username and your password. Check your caps lock?

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5908 on: May 23, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »

What're you doing?

You just type in your username and your password. Check your caps lock?

I'm not an idiot. The session kept timing out. Timing out the instant I hit the login button, so I hadn't even established a session yet! I restarted IE and the problem persisted. I restarted the (immensely slow to boot due to all the borderline-malware installed on it) computer and the problem persisted. I did manage to get it to work just now. NEIS is some hot garbage.

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #5909 on: May 23, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »
And today it begins...The endless hours of running the air conditioning with all the windows and doors open. I just need  to stop caring.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5910 on: May 23, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »
And today it begins...The endless hours of running the air conditioning with all the windows and doors open. I just need  to stop caring.

Don't you know that when you open the windows, the dust here magically flies outside leaving the inside pristine?

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5911 on: May 23, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »

Don't you know that when you open the windows, the dust here magically flies outside leaving the inside pristine?

I'm jealous you're allowed to turn it on.

I have no energy, the students were acting up today, it's the start of the summer slump!

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5912 on: May 23, 2017, 05:44:43 PM »

It's also great when the air outside is in the red zone and the teachers send out warnings to cancel outdoor classes yet they still keep all the windows open...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5913 on: May 23, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »
Have to decide whether to renew or not.  Guess I may as well.  LDR crumbled so I don't have that to go back to anyway  :cry:

At least I'll have some sweet savings after another year.   :undecided:

Offline StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5914 on: May 23, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »

Opening windows is necessary in poorly ventilated Korean buildings, but yeah, it's probably better not to open them as much when the air is heavily polluted.

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5915 on: May 23, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »
Have to decide whether to renew or not.  Guess I may as well.  LDR crumbled so I don't have that to go back to anyway  :cry:

At least I'll have some sweet savings after another year.   :undecided:
I know the feeling.

I'm still on the fence.  I could use the money, but the thought of another Korean winter + homesickness gives me pause. 

I'm surprised my school hasn't pressed me for an answer yet.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:54:56 PM by denimdaze »

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5916 on: May 24, 2017, 12:11:57 PM »
Had a crap-ton of stuff I needed to bring to school this morning, so I took a cab.

Driver tried to take some weird route that probably would have doubled the time it would have taken. Stopped him and made him take the usual route, which he acted like he didn't know but I'd noticed that I didn't always have to tell him when or where to make turns.

Then he tried to short-change me and, when I called him out on it, he acted like I must have dropped that extra 1k won bill he didn't actually give me.

It's one thing to think I might overlook a 100 won coin, but an entire bill? I've noticed that whenever I get a dishonest cab driver around here that they try to do things that implies they think I'm a complete idiot. I don't need to speak fluent Korean to do basic math, wtf.

Offline jomi

• Veteran
« Reply #5917 on: May 24, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
I hate fire drills here. I don't see the point in how they conduct fire drills at all.
It seems like an activity merely to check the alarms work because it's not an exercise in practing proper evacuation procedures. The teachers don't exercise any kind of authority, the kids leave in a disorganised rabble and stand outside barely in their classes often running around with many lined up way too close to the building. There is no headcounts or register taken, no coordination to have the students leave and re-enter the building in an organised fashion and way too much time wasted entertaining the kids with a demonstration of how the fire truck's hose works. Is that not a waste of time for the fire service? Back home the fire service goes to schools but it's to educate hear groups on fire safety, not to show how high they can shoot water into the air.
In the event of any kind of emergency situation these kids are dead because they don't know how to evacuate calmly and will end up getting trampled. Or dying from smoke inhalation because they don't seem to know how smoke works.

ETA. Your kids come to school to learn, not to nap because they are sick. I'm not here to coddle your sick kids I'm here to try to improve their English and give them exposure to foreigners. If your kid is so sick they are going from class to class doing nothing but napping on the tables maybe don't send them to school. This goes for things like insomnia. If your kid is suffering so much from stress or insomnia that they are completely unresponsive in school and falling asleep at the back of the class maybe give them some time off school to rest and address the problem.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:39:32 PM by jomi »

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5918 on: May 24, 2017, 02:26:43 PM »

ETA. Your kids come to school to learn, not to nap because they are sick. I'm not here to coddle your sick kids I'm here to try to improve their English and give them exposure to foreigners. If your kid is so sick they are going from class to class doing nothing but napping on the tables maybe don't send them to school. This goes for things like insomnia. If your kid is suffering so much from stress or insomnia that they are completely unresponsive in school and falling asleep at the back of the class maybe give them some time off school to rest and address the problem.

But then, how will the teacher and other students know the student is diligent?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5919 on: May 24, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
Had a crap-ton of stuff I needed to bring to school this morning, so I took a cab.

UFOs are just unidentified flying objects if it was a missile then I'd run but the object was probably just a poo filled balloon.

The only abuse I've experienced is when Elon Musk walks into my apartment and drops an upper decker...which is at least once a month.

Some (most?) of these are horseshit and are overgeneralized, but there is something about it.

Lotta 똥 references today. Animal poop. Aerial poop. Poop in large quantities. Sneaky poop.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:35:13 PM by donovan »

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment