December 11, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594272 times)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5880 on: June 20, 2017, 11:46:48 AM »
I figured that if botulism can get folk out of North Korea, then it could do the same for a weekend hweshik.

Cholera, though, has the advantage of not being grossly insensitive.

On the other hand, both rabies and malaria are equally serious, actually occur in South Korea, and have much shorter quarantine lengths.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5881 on: June 20, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »
I figured that if botulism can get folk out of North Korea, then it could do the same for a weekend hweshik.

On the other hand, both rabies and malaria are equally serious, actually occur in South Korea, and have much shorter quarantine lengths.

But it's the gross insensitivity that makes an excuse impenetrable.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5882 on: June 20, 2017, 11:52:04 AM »

But it's the gross insensitivity that makes an excuse impenetrable.
Well in that case, *all* my excuses are impenetrable.

Good to know! :smiley:

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5883 on: June 20, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »
Speaking tests.

What's with the hatred of speaking tests? Hassle of making them? Hassle of administering them? The supposed futiliy of the whole thing?

I don't mind them at all

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5884 on: June 20, 2017, 12:02:27 PM »
Speaking tests.

What's with the hatred of speaking tests? Hassle of making them? Hassle of administering them? The supposed futiliy of the whole thing?

I don't mind them at all

Having to administer them to too many students in a very short period of time, which results in monotony and a deterioration of my soul.

It's boring and tedious, and, ultimately, a pointless exercise in memorization and not on actual conversation. I get the rare 2-3 students per semester who make it interesting.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5885 on: June 20, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »
Did my teaching evaluation class, somehow passed with flying colours even tho my CT tried to sabbotage the entire thing by talking over me, waiting til this morning to look at the plan and ppt i sent her 2 weeks ago, switching up stuff as I was explaining it to the class... The usual.

After that she shows me the scores adn says she'll need to talk to the principal because the thinks the planning score should be lower since we had to go fast at the end to finish the class... cuz the students came in 10\3 minutes late but yeah thats apparently my fault...

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5886 on: June 20, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »
Did my teaching evaluation class, somehow passed with flying colours even tho my CT tried to sabbotage the entire thing by talking over me, waiting til this morning to look at the plan and ppt i sent her 2 weeks ago, switching up stuff as I was explaining it to the class... The usual.

After that she shows me the scores adn says she'll need to talk to the principal because the thinks the planning score should be lower since we had to go fast at the end to finish the class... cuz the students came in 10\3 minutes late but yeah thats apparently my fault...

Wow!

Your next conversaton with this teacher should consist of two sounds....

you hitting her....

and then her hitting the floor....

;D

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5887 on: June 20, 2017, 12:21:20 PM »
Speaking tests.

I don't mind them at all

Having to administer them to too many students in a very short period of time, which results in monotony and a deterioration of my soul.

It's boring and tedious, and, ultimately, a pointless exercise in memorization and not on actual conversation. I get the rare 2-3 students per semester who make it interesting.

I don't particularly mind them either but the monotony does get a bit grating. Even some of my more fluent students have been asking me how many sentences are required of them (translation: how many sentences must they memorize).

So it's gonna be a lot of "On weekends I like to sleep and spend time with friends."

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5888 on: June 20, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »

Wow!

Your next conversaton with this teacher should consist of two sounds....

you hitting her....

and then her hitting the floor....

;D

Guhh right!? She's the worst! She calls me at my other schools to make sure I'm still there, as if I could just walk home and sneak out early from a rural school in the middle of nowhere where my co-workers drive me o.o And she snuck in a "oh so you teach any private lessons on weekends" the other day... I can't wait to leave, if it's her mission to get me fired then so be it. I only have 19 more times I have to be in the same room as her... Maybe 5 if she tampers with my evaluation...

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5889 on: June 20, 2017, 02:35:32 PM »

Guhh right!? She's the worst! She calls me at my other schools to make sure I'm still there, as if I could just walk home and sneak out early from a rural school in the middle of nowhere where my co-workers drive me o.o And she snuck in a "oh so you teach any private lessons on weekends" the other day... I can't wait to leave, if it's her mission to get me fired then so be it. I only have 19 more times I have to be in the same room as her... Maybe 5 if she tampers with my evaluation...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :huh:, your CT is more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic!!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5890 on: June 20, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :huh:, your CT is more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic!!
o.o yeeup

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5891 on: June 21, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »
I swear the 미레엔 Middle School textbooks teach the same thing every single level (at least in the 4 pages I'm supposed to teach). Some days I get confused as to what I'm teaching who because they're teaching the same situation with slightly different words. And the 3rd year book has phrases I don't think I've ever heard someone say.

I HATE THIS BOOK.

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #5892 on: June 21, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »
Every month I am forced to change my school computer password because of the powers that be and ahnlab. Every month I change it back to the same password right after.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5893 on: June 21, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »
Every month I am forced to change my school computer password because of the powers that be and ahnlab. Every month I change it back to the same password right after.

Protip: You can enter the same password in the new password box and it will count as being changed.

Security!

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5894 on: June 21, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »
I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday, and this morning I woke up with a killer sore throat and a voice like the girl from the Grudge. Thank goodness I only have 3 classes today. We are going to just watch some Beastmaster on Netflix, I think.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5895 on: June 21, 2017, 09:11:00 AM »
The left earpiece of my Beats earphones stopped working. I haven't even had them for a full year.

Meanwhile, the Marley earphones I purchased 2.5 years ago are still going strong.

Never. Again.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #5896 on: June 21, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
The left earpiece of my Beats earphones stopped working. I haven't even had them for a full year.

Meanwhile, the Marley earphones I purchased 2.5 years ago are still going strong.

Never. Again.

AKG or Sennheiser. You're welcome.

ALSO, Prodigy died! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, one of my top ten fave rappers. Sickle cell is a bitch.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5897 on: June 21, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »

Never. Again.

I, too, was tricked into buying Beats years ago. They suuuuuuuck. Same thing happened to mine - earbud just stopped working after maybe 8 months.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5898 on: June 21, 2017, 09:30:21 AM »

Never. Again.

I, too, was tricked into buying Beats years ago. They suuuuuuuck. Same thing happened to mine - earbud just stopped working after maybe 8 months.

So ****** mad right now. xD

Tbf, I've kind of had the same experience with any earphones that has those small controls built into the wire -- I'm thinking there's some structural weaknesses that go along with that added "benefit" that makes it more likely for the wires inside to become frayed or disconnected.

But you'd think that wouldn't be a problem for earphones that cost 5x as much. Fk'in hell. I'm buying some Xiaomi earphones next. Someone told me that their sound is pretty good and that they're generally really durable.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5899 on: June 21, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »
Audio-Technica recently got into the headphone game, and their mid-range stuff seems pretty decent.

I used Sennheisers for a while, but after repeatedly losing all of the rubber tips, I decided to go with something less costly. After trying some cheaper options that sounded genuinely terrible, I found a pair of Audio-Technicas at HiMart for like 30K KRW, and they sound... pretty good. Not as good as the more expensive stuff I was using before, but definitely better than anything I've tried in that price range or cheaper.

I do still have a fancy schmancy pair of Sennheiser over-ears to use at home, but I it's gotta be earbuds when I'm out and about.