September 22, 2017, 01:43:20 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 486199 times)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #580 on: August 26, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »
I was raised by a loving but strict pack of wolves. Now, I know what you're thinking. Oh, he was raised by wolves so that's why he thinks it's ok to lie. But let me ask you. Have you ever seen a wolf lie?

Wolves blend in well with their natural habitats to fool prey. They're basically liars by nature.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/27/article-0-16A9F9F4000005DC-882_964x581.jpg

Well, ok. But if you look at it that way then we are all liars because our armies use camouflage, too.

Am I a liar because I blend in here? Lol.

You're the biggest liar of them all. :wink:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #581 on: August 26, 2016, 05:06:53 PM »
I was raised by a loving but strict pack of wolves. Now, I know what you're thinking. Oh, he was raised by wolves so that's why he thinks it's ok to lie. But let me ask you. Have you ever seen a wolf lie?

Wolves blend in well with their natural habitats to fool prey. They're basically liars by nature.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/27/article-0-16A9F9F4000005DC-882_964x581.jpg

Well, ok. But if you look at it that way then we are all liars because our armies use camouflage, too.
There is a difference between deceit and lies.
One doesn't necessarily need to lie in order to deceive.

Online Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #582 on: August 26, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
This students in my first class after lunch today just trickled in, so I didn't have a complete class until five or six minutes after it was supposed to have started. That in and of itself is nothing out of the ordinary, and hardly worth a rant in here.

What got me was when one of the very last students to show up asked me if he could go get a drink of water as soon as sat down. I told him no, of course, because he had more than enough time during lunch and the 6 minutes it took him to get to class to stop and have something to drink.

After I told him no, though, he turned to my CoT and asked her in Korean if he could go get some water. I understood him, of course, and snapped at him (you can take the man out of the military, but...). Luckily my CoT backed me up on it, though it's a bit sad that I even need a CoT to back me up on it. That he even considered asking her to be a viable option says a lot about our status and authority here.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #583 on: August 26, 2016, 05:17:33 PM »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »
What got me was when one of the very last students to show up asked me if he could go get a drink of water as soon as sat down.

This drives me insane. You're already late, just drink some water or piss before you come to my class. I'm not going to be more mad that you're 8 mins late versus 6 mins late.

DERP
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #585 on: August 26, 2016, 05:20:15 PM »
My name is Chinguetti.
Every time I see your posts now I sing

Knees weak, arms are heavy
There's kimchi on her apron already,
Ajumma's Chinguetti

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #586 on: August 26, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »
Sooooo the routine teacher medical exam I just did now includes anal probing. It wouldn't have even been so terrible if my coteacher spoke English. I didn't understand which hole they wanted me to shove it in  :cry:

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #587 on: August 26, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
Sooooo the routine teacher medical exam I just did now includes anal probing. It wouldn't have even been so terrible if my coteacher spoke English. I didn't understand which hole they wanted me to shove it in  :cry:

Wait.... what? No.  :shocked:

Offline sinhead

• Adventurer
« Reply #588 on: August 26, 2016, 05:50:46 PM »

Holy moly... nothing to add here except that is traumatising, and I hope you're ok!!

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #589 on: August 26, 2016, 05:50:47 PM »

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Offline SkidMarx

• Veteran
« Reply #590 on: August 26, 2016, 05:53:56 PM »

This has been phasing in and out for years. When I first arrived in Osan in 2012 and did my medical check, they handed me a Q-tip and told me to have at it (in a public restroom too, how gauche). Subsequent years in other cities (Seoul and Yongin) didn't require that at all.

I don't know what they were looking for in 2012 but they sure as hell didn't find it up my ass.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #591 on: August 26, 2016, 05:54:39 PM »
I'm not too traumatized, I got to probe my own self in the bathroom. It was just so awkward leading up to it. My coteacher just kept asking "is it possible?.. Inside you?" Over and over. Eventually she translated the word anus. And when I asked what it was testing for she didn't understand.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #592 on: August 26, 2016, 06:00:02 PM »

This has been phasing in and out for years. When I first arrived in Osan in 2012 and did my medical check, they handed me a Q-tip and told me to have at it (in a public restroom too, how gauche). Subsequent years in other cities (Seoul and Yongin) didn't require that at all.

I don't know what they were looking for in 2012 but they sure as hell didn't find it up my ass.

What in the actual ****? What are they looking for UP OUR ASSES?

I have an upcoming medical exam. I am now slightly uneasy...    :sad:

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #593 on: August 26, 2016, 06:01:36 PM »
My name is Chinguetti.
Every time I see your posts now I sing

Knees weak, arms are heavy
There's kimchi on her apron already,
Ajumma's Chinguetti

Nice, I've always wanted a theme song. c:

BURN EVERYTHING NOW BURN IT ALLLLL

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #594 on: August 26, 2016, 06:04:33 PM »
What are they looking for UP OUR ASSES?

Rectal Heroine Suppositories a la Trainspotting.

Offline Zaiterade

• Veteran
« Reply #595 on: August 26, 2016, 06:05:27 PM »
That's it. Contract ended today. Flying home on monday after a weekend in Seoul one more time. Consider me a statistic of high turnover rates, yet also consider me a free man.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #596 on: August 26, 2016, 06:05:42 PM »
I'm not too traumatized, I got to probe my own self in the bathroom. It was just so awkward leading up to it. My coteacher just kept asking "is it possible?.. Inside you?" Over and over. Eventually she translated the word anus. And when I asked what it was testing for she didn't understand.

Oh my god I am sorry but I can't help myself from laughing at "is it possible...inside you?" Were you at least given notice for this probing?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #597 on: August 26, 2016, 06:07:59 PM »

What in the actual ****? What are they looking for UP OUR ASSES?

I have an upcoming medical exam. I am now slightly uneasy...    :sad:

Sorry but there must be a misunderstanding here somewhere.

I assumed you meant the doctor wanted to check your prostate which is pretty normal if you're in one of the high risk age groups.

But you're saying you had to go into a bathroom and insert something into your own anus?  :huh: :huh: :huh:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #598 on: August 26, 2016, 06:08:03 PM »
That's it. Contract ended today. Flying home on monday after a weekend in Seoul one more time. Consider me a statistic of high turnover rates, yet also consider me a free man.

I think you're in the wrong thread. :laugh:

Also... I wish this was me right now. :sad: I cannot wait for the end of my contract. Just six more months...... The kids were annoying today, but that might have just been me. :laugh:

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #599 on: August 26, 2016, 06:09:01 PM »

Oh my god I am sorry but I can't help myself from laughing at "is it possible...inside you?" Were you at least given notice for this probing?

No notice, haha. When I got back from peeing on the drug test stick my co-teacher was in a heated debate with the nurse about it though.

She always asks if various things are "possible" and 90% of the time I don't know what she's talking about.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment