October 20, 2017, 01:20:07 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 523373 times)

Offline magicmumu

• Adventurer
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5680 on: May 06, 2017, 04:59:31 AM »
This is the second time this year that my credit card has been copied and used.  In the winter, it was used while I was in Sweden.  They tried putting 500 won first for somewhere in Canada to see if it worked so my card company stopped it quick smart as that flagged up possible fraud.  This morning, I am invigilating my students and got a message about 200 dollars in Pizza Hut in Peoria, and then 5 dollars in Subway.  Then I didn't have enough left for another 200 dollars they tried to put through. F*cking wankers.  Will see what my card company come back with after they checked with the seller.  I'm sure the message service is there for that reason that if I get messages for things I'm not doing, and I call up directly, then surely I shouldn't be liable for the fraudulent use.  C*nts!
Thats an awful lot of pizza.

I don't have a credit card, thank god. but yeah I would think that a message service that lets you know about activity is exactly there so that you can phone and say "hey this isn't me" and then they would have to do something about it....

It's actually a smoother process to claim fraud on a credit card than on a debit card. I don't know how it is in Canada (or Korea, for that matter, but Korea makes everything difficult), but I've experienced both when I was in the states and although I prefer to avoid the situation in general, if I had to choose, I'd rather have fraudulent transactions on my credit card.

Edit: Also, I'm glad your situation worked out at school :D Hopefully things will be less stressful.

Yeah, with a credit card, the company takes the time to recover the funds and the credit card user has zero liability. The debit card is harder because it is your money, and i believe at least in the United States that the user has to be a lot more proactive.
Treat others how you would like to be treated. Seriously.

Offline magicmumu

• Adventurer
Treat others how you would like to be treated. Seriously.

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #5682 on: May 07, 2017, 10:26:59 PM »
I missed my stop on the ktx and went from dongdaegu to daejeon. I now have no way home for work tomorrow. I'm having a nice panic attack as a result

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5683 on: May 07, 2017, 11:24:40 PM »
I missed my stop on the ktx and went from dongdaegu to daejeon. I now have no way home for work tomorrow. I'm having a nice panic attack as a result

Maybe there are still buses running from the local bus terminal? Otherwise, taxi as a last resort or catch the earliest transit back in the morning. 

Also try 1330, should be the Korean tourism hotline.  They can look up that stuff for you or help you find the best way back.

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5684 on: May 07, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »

There are at least 10 trains before midnight:

http://www.letskorail.com/ebizbf/EbizBfTicketSearch.do#

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #5685 on: May 08, 2017, 01:51:35 AM »

Maybe there are still buses running from the local bus terminal? Otherwise, taxi as a last resort or catch the earliest transit back in the morning. 

Also try 1330, should be the Korean tourism hotline.  They can look up that stuff for you or help you find the best way back.

Nah, the busses stop running into my town after a certain point.

I did realize that there's a midnight train out of Daegu that runs today, luckily. Last time I tried to use it on a Sunday, it wasn't in service so hooray for small miracles. Gonna be sick as all hell and piss tired for tomorrow though.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #5687 on: May 08, 2017, 10:44:53 AM »
Hoho, baby, was I steaming fuckin' mad on Friday night.

Go out in Sanbon with ma mate, Willie T. Grab some beers, s'all good. Strike up a convo with a couple of Koreans (30 and 50 y/o) This leads to darts at the bar, this leads to noraebang.

Now, I know how I like my noraebang. Cheap and quiet. 20 000 up front, leave us alone in the room so I can mix my cocktails in peace. I ain't paying 5000W for a 330ml of Cass.

So we get in, at the 30 y/o choice. It's 15 000. Jesus, not bad.

So we get in the room and the clock says 180 mins. F'in hell, I don't wanna sing for three damn hours.

Food comes in. Fuuuuuu I don't want food. And it's always shit food at NRB, and it's always 50 000W. Goddammit, alright, try to have a good time.

50 y/o leaves, says goodbye. Fair play, his English was shitty. It's late.

20 mins later.

So, I'm singing Adele. 30 y/o guy goes out. I don't care, he's pissing or sumthin. Keep singing.

BUT WAIT. Where's my phone? I swear................. NO.

Run outside. There's dingus-**** right outside the lobby, my phone in one hand, pushing the down elevator button with the other.

I grab him by his collar, sit him down.

"Where in fukk do you think you're going?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"No, seriously, what the fukk are you doing?"

Looks down

"Why do you have my phone. No, really, where are you going"

Nothing.

"Willie T, you ready to bail?"

"Fookin A, man."

Pick him up, push him back into the noraebang, jet down 8 flights of stairs.

Fukk that guy.  >:(
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5688 on: May 08, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »

Go out in Sanbon with ma mate, Willie T. Grab some beers, s'all good. Strike up a convo with a couple of Koreans (30 and 50 y/o) This leads to darts at the bar, this leads to noraebang.

Now, I know how I like my noraebang. Cheap and quiet. 20 000 up front, leave us alone in the room so I can mix my cocktails in peace. I ain't paying 5000W for a 330ml of Cass.

So we get in, at the 30 y/o choice. It's 15 000. Jesus, not bad.

So we get in the room and the clock says 180 mins. F'in hell, I don't wanna sing for three damn hours.

Food comes in. Fuuuuuu I don't want food. And it's always shit food at NRB, and it's always 50 000W. Goddammit, alright, try to have a good time.

50 y/o leaves, says goodbye. Fair play, his English was shitty. It's late.

20 mins later.

So, I'm singing Adele. 30 y/o guy goes out. I don't care, he's pissing or sumthin. Keep singing.

BUT WAIT. Where's my phone? I swear................. NO.

Run outside. There's dingus-**** right outside the lobby, my phone in one hand, pushing the down elevator button with the other.

I grab him by his collar, sit him down.

"Where in fukk do you think you're going?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"No, seriously, what the fukk are you doing?"

Looks down

"Why do you have my phone. No, really, where are you going"

Nothing.

"Willie T, you ready to bail?"

"Fookin A, man."

Pick him up, push him back into the noraebang, jet down 8 flights of stairs.

And again, blood pressure up. That's super angering.

But seriously, you've been here long enough - how have you not learned to ignore randoms if they try to talk to you? Like, just say no to randoms.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #5689 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
And again, blood pressure up. That's super angering.

But seriously, you've been here long enough - how have you not learned to ignore randoms if they try to talk to you? Like, just say no to randoms.

Eh, we were both talking to each other. hahaha, damn Canadian politeness.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5690 on: May 08, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »

In his defense, he probably didn't expect that you would figure out he took your cell phone until you had at least finished your song, at which point he would have been out the door and you probably would have never seen each other ever again.

I can see where he's coming from.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #5691 on: May 08, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »

In his defense, he probably didn't expect that you would figure out he took your cell phone until you had at least finished your song, at which point he would have been out the door and you probably would have never seen each other ever again.

Well, yeah. But.....what?

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5692 on: May 08, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »

this + basedcowboy's reply are THE quintessential waygook.com responses anytime someone tells a personal story

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5693 on: May 08, 2017, 01:09:32 PM »

this + basedcowboy's reply are THE quintessential waygook.com responses anytime someone tells a personal story

:laugh:

I believe there's one more equally valid waygook.com user response to that story: He was obviously racist toward white people.

That plus the 30 pages of replies on (reverse-/overt-/micro-)racism that follow thereafter.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5694 on: May 08, 2017, 01:33:55 PM »
Why is stealing phones still a thing these days? Phones have become rather easy to trace and block.

Back in the 90s, I remember a rather nefarious acquaintance telling me that after stealing a phone, he'd wrap it in tin foil and store it away for 3 months to avoid it being traced.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5695 on: May 08, 2017, 01:43:30 PM »

:laugh:

I believe there's one more equally valid waygook.com user response to that story: He was obviously racist toward white people.

That plus the 30 pages of replies on (reverse-/overt-/micro-)racism that follow thereafter.

Well... that makes my blood boil, too. But maybe if you look at it from their perspective it's not so bad. Anyway, don't let it bother you. Do you know the Korean culture? I do, but back home they don't do it like that. So maybe you should just leave. And stop complaining. And what's worse is the folks who complain about the complaining! Amirite? Maybe I'm just sick of eating boiled weeds for lunch everyday. Uncivilized peasants. But what I really don't understand is why can't people just leave me alone when I'm using public transportation?! I'm pretty lonely though, I mean there's no waygooks in my town. Ughhh. Korea. Costco. People. Living. Something something ajumma bumped into me on the street.

Best of luck.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5696 on: May 08, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »
Are anyone else's kids completely dead? I blame the holiday and the fact that my classroom is 80 degrees.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5697 on: May 08, 2017, 02:34:30 PM »

Nah, the busses stop running into my town after a certain point.

I did realize that there's a midnight train out of Daegu that runs today, luckily. Last time I tried to use it on a Sunday, it wasn't in service so hooray for small miracles. Gonna be sick as all hell and piss tired for tomorrow though.

So you started at Dong-Daegu and missed your stop and ended up in Daejeon? Just curious, where were you supposed to get off, Gumi?

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5698 on: May 08, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »

Waygook.org user donovan is obviously being facetious in his post, making a joke about how whenever anyone posts anything that happened to them, someone will inevitably find a way to say it was their fault.

Myself, on the other hand, know that Waygook.org user CO2 is generally not dumb, and was wondering why, as a generally not dumb person, he would do a dumb thing like go to noraebang with some randos off the street. While at the same time sympathizing with him, because someone trying to jack your phone is totally lame.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #5699 on: May 08, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »
Myself, on the other hand, know that Waygook.org user CO2 is generally not dumb, and was wondering why, as a generally not dumb person, he would do a dumb thing like go to noraebang with some randos off the street. While at the same time sympathizing with him, because someone trying to jack your phone is totally lame.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment