December 11, 2017, 11:44:17 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594273 times)

Online StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5520 on: May 19, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
Ugh. I was planning a perfect weekend and then I get a message saying that the gas chambers need to be inspected. FML.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5521 on: May 19, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »

Well on the flipside I've had females complain becuase I didn't ask those kinds of questions.

"Why don't you ask me what I'm doing more?"

Because I know you are just at work, doing your usual work stuff.

"Yes but you should still ask me often"

Ok, so what are you doing?

"I'm doing my work. I'm quite busy thesedays"

You dont say.

"Why don't you encourage me for my busy work?!"

......uh..........i'll see you round

The guys in this country are conditioned to lay it on thick. There is a period from about 18 years to late 20s where females in this country have the guys by the balls completely. I all gets a bit silly.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5522 on: May 21, 2017, 09:09:52 PM »

Well on the flipside I've had females complain becuase I didn't ask those kinds of questions.

"Why don't you ask me what I'm doing more?"

Because I know you are just at work, doing your usual work stuff.

"Yes but you should still ask me often"

Ok, so what are you doing?

"I'm doing my work. I'm quite busy thesedays"

You dont say.

"Why don't you encourage me for my busy work?!"

......uh..........i'll see you round

The guys in this country are conditioned to lay it on thick. There is a period from about 18 years to late 20s where females in this country have the guys by the balls completely. I all gets a bit silly.

LOL. It's so weird how it's exactly the same things being said between couples, I mean is it really "sweet" when men are just repeating the same lines they are all taught to say? I don't really understand what people get out of these types of empty performances. It's a waste of time and just feels fake and icky to me. Once, a guy complained I didn't hold his hand enough in public because people (complete strangers!!) wouldn't think we were in love. He said that's why young couples act like like do in public, so people will "know"... call me old fashioned but physical affection should be given as an expression of emotion, not as a performance for strangers on the subway.

And it goes both ways. Boyfriends strictly control their girlfriends too. Co-dependency is like the ideal relationship for young couples. I used to hang out with a girl who had to get permission from her bf to meet her friends and her outfits had to be approved by him. Another guy used to demand "proof" that I was where I said I was. And you know they're all lying their faces off to each other anyway  :rolleyes:

I really don't know what they get out of making each others lives an annoying hell. They actually like this stuff? 

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #5523 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »
Wow, nearly 300 pages deep and on the third rant thread  :laugh: Nice to see you all still keepin' it goin' strong!

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #5524 on: May 22, 2017, 05:39:46 AM »
Hi, welcome back, nomadicmadda. Did you end up going to Sogang to study Korean? How was/is it ?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5525 on: May 22, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
***Public service announcement*** We are approaching page 300 on this thread, which is, I believe close to the upper limit allotted for thread lengths. Screen cap everything if you want to preserve other people's misery for posterity, 'cause it may all vanish soon just like its previous iterations!

Just as the prophecies hath foretold. The skies will go dark. The earth will quake. The powers will be shaken. The ministry of the antichrist. And now...

Wow, nearly 300 pages deep and on the third rant thread  :laugh: Nice to see you all still keepin' it goin' strong!

...the second coming!

So glad my ass is righteous. Sorry for the resta ya'll.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5526 on: May 22, 2017, 08:03:40 AM »
Dating here can be so exhausting. Some guys are so. damn. needy. I guess some Korean girls like to be treated as if they have lost all control of their mental and physical faculties, but it sure gets old.

"What are you doing?"

"Making dinner."

"Ohhh wow! I bet it is delicious. Send me a pic^^~*~*~"

"It's just mac n cheese, nothing special."

"But I wanna see ㅠㅠ"

*sends pic of half eaten mac n cheese*

"oooWOW! Look so good! You took that picture well!"

andddd suddenly I'm dry.

It sounds harmless, but convos like this every. single. day. start to really get annoying. The problem is guys start off normal, but once you get more serious the strange obsessive babying behavior starts and I stop being attracted to them.

Barf. This is one of the many kinds of annoying the 변태 was before I finally wised up. Somewhat relevant, I hate that females are generally conditioned/taught to be polite to the point that sometimes we put the possibility of offending someone above our own comfort. Like of course it's typically good to be pleasant and nice but such behavior also just welcomes creeps, unfortunately.

Also, not sure we should be proud of reaching near 300 pages on the 3rd ranting thread  :laugh: Should we be worried it will disappear and take preemptive measures by starting a 4th ranting thread? Haha

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5527 on: May 22, 2017, 08:10:12 AM »
Dating here can be so exhausting. Some guys are so. damn. needy. I guess some Korean girls like to be treated as if they have lost all control of their mental and physical faculties, but it sure gets old.

"What are you doing?"

"Making dinner."

"But I wanna see ㅠㅠ"

andddd suddenly I'm dry.

It sounds harmless, but convos like this every. single. day. start to really get annoying. The problem is guys start off normal, but once you get more serious the strange obsessive babying behavior starts and I stop being attracted to them.

Barf. This is one of the many kinds of annoying the 변태 was before I finally wised up. Somewhat relevant, I hate that females are generally conditioned/taught to be polite to the point that sometimes we put the possibility of offending someone above our own comfort. Like of course it's typically good to be pleasant and nice but such behavior also just welcomes creeps, unfortunately.

Also, not sure we should be proud of reaching near 300 pages on the 3rd ranting thread  :laugh: Should we be worried it will disappear and take preemptive measures by starting a 4th ranting thread? Haha

Hearing these stories makes me appreciate my significant other so much more. Even when we started dating, we would usually just send like a text to say good morning, and then a few texts at night, and like maybe a phone call a couple times a week.

Online kyndo

• The Legend

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #5529 on: May 22, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5530 on: May 22, 2017, 09:40:26 AM »
There's nothing like bitching and moaning in the morning to give your life purpose. Hate and anger are powerful motivators for getting through the day.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:04:16 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #5531 on: May 22, 2017, 10:37:42 AM »
When the kindergarten teacher leaves me alone with the children for the WHOLE F**KING CLASS:

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5532 on: May 22, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
A mosquito made its way under my desk and managed to bite my legs 5 times before I started feeling the itch.  :cry:

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5533 on: May 22, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »

"What are you doing?"

"Making dinner."

"But I wanna see ㅠㅠ"

andddd suddenly I'm dry.

Hearing these stories makes me appreciate my significant other so much more. Even when we started dating, we would usually just send like a text to say good morning, and then a few texts at night, and like maybe a phone call a couple times a week.

That sounds nice. It's good to have healthy boundaries. All guys are not the same, but I have so many weird stories from dating here. A couple of bfs have even shown up to my house unannounced, just telling me they are on their way and after I told them it wasn't a good time, they ignored me and insisted on coming anyway! I have to get pissed at them before they realize what boundaries are. Their intentions are to be "romantic" or at least kdrama's version of romantic, but they never think it through. I once told a guy that I loved iced lattes so every single time we met he would bring me an iced latte... EVEN if we were on our way to a cafe! Kind gestures are nice.. but just use common sense.

To be honest, once they realized they didn't have to do all that stuff, they were kind of happy. They said it felt as if we were in a relationship just because we liked each other and spending time together and they didn't have to worry about putting on a show. Go figure! Not everything in life has to be a burden.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5534 on: May 22, 2017, 01:46:08 PM »
The K-drama effect on romantic relationships?

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5535 on: May 22, 2017, 03:40:02 PM »
30 degrees in May. Gah! What's the actual summer going to be like?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5536 on: May 22, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
hot :lipsrsealed:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #5537 on: May 22, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »
Weigookin74 died from the heat and humidity I think. (Haven't seen him posting on here for quite some time.)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5538 on: May 22, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »
No. He's decided that his gripes now warrant their own threads ;D

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5539 on: May 23, 2017, 07:59:50 AM »
Spent my twenty free minutes trying to log onto NEIS. Bell rang as I typed this. NEIS sucks!