November 19, 2017, 11:49:36 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564868 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5440 on: April 25, 2017, 12:15:07 PM »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5441 on: April 25, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5442 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »
I seldom need my email at school, but the one day I do is the day it won't load!
 >:(

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5443 on: April 26, 2017, 08:57:19 AM »
At one of my schools I can't enlarge Youtube videos to full screen on the computer.  And for some reason I'm not even able to download chrome.  CoT at that school is slightly technologically challenged so she's no help (everything is in Korean).

Also at the school where I have to go from classroom to classroom, I vaguely judge the teachers by whether his/her computer has chrome or not.  Hahahah

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5444 on: April 26, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »
At one of my schools I can't enlarge Youtube videos to full screen on the computer.  And for some reason I'm not even able to download chrome.  CoT at that school is slightly technologically challenged so she's no help (everything is in Korean).

Also at the school where I have to go from classroom to classroom, I vaguely judge the teachers by whether his/her computer has chrome or not.  Hahahah

These Korean computers/operating systems can be quite frustrating.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5445 on: April 26, 2017, 09:20:04 AM »

These Korean computers/operating systems can be quite frustrating.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5446 on: April 26, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »

Also at the school where I have to go from classroom to classroom, I vaguely judge the teachers by whether his/her computer has chrome or not.  Hahahaha

I had this issue on my PC last year, they wouldn't let me download chrome and I was forced to use IE. My CT kept asking me why Youtube wasn't full screen. I explained every time that it would be fine if we used chrome or even bloody Mozilla, but no. IE it was. And the same question every single week about Youtube....
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5447 on: April 26, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »

Also at the school where I have to go from classroom to classroom, I vaguely judge the teachers by whether his/her computer has chrome or not.  Hahahaha

I had this issue on my PC last year, they wouldn't let me download chrome and I was forced to use IE. My CT kept asking me why Youtube wasn't full screen. I explained every time that it would be fine if we used chrome or even bloody Mozilla, but no. IE it was. And the same question every single week about Youtube....

Korean Co-T
1. search bar 네이버
2. Click on naver search result
3. Naver search 유투브
4. Click on Youtube search result

Me
1. Press Y in the search bar
2. Press enter

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5448 on: April 26, 2017, 09:37:26 AM »
How many times have you been told in this country, "That is not good?"

No elaboration. No reason given.

Simply.................

"That is not good."

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5449 on: April 26, 2017, 09:40:21 AM »
Chrome has actually been blocked at my school now.

you can't open it at all otherwise it gets flagged by that 내PC garbage program.

i teach in the homerooms and now am forced to use IE.

except on my computer in the teachers' office, which for some reason seems to have escaped this block. maybe because i went nuclear on this computer at the beginning of the year and deleted as many of these stupid security programs as i could.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5450 on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »

except on my computer in the teachers' office, which for some reason seems to have escaped this block. maybe because i went nuclear on this computer at the beginning of the year and deleted as many of these stupid security programs as i could.

Will Firefox not work?

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5451 on: April 26, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »

Will Firefox not work?
It's been a while, but I was a big fan of Linix-on-stick.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5452 on: April 26, 2017, 10:08:05 AM »

Korean Co-T
1. search bar 네이버
3. Naver search 유투브

Me
2. Press enter

Yup.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-A.A. Milne

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5453 on: April 26, 2017, 10:15:29 AM »

Korean Co-T
1. search bar 네이버
3. Naver search 유투브

Me
2. Press enter

This goes in the same "Things That Make You Go Hmm" category as co-ts touching the TOUCH SCREEN and being simply amazed every time.

" class="bbc_img

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5454 on: April 26, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »
I have no voice. I am ill and I cannot speak in anything other than a squeaky ghost wheeze, so of course everyone just has to ask what is wrong and have a conversation with me about how sick I am. One teacher tells another that I am sick and then that teacher has to have a convo with me, then that one tells the next etc etc... can everyone just shut the hell up and ***k right off, please.
-A.A. Milne

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5455 on: April 27, 2017, 02:18:03 PM »
Every thing here is so loud all of the time and some days it's really overwhelming. I'm tired of the kids screaming constantly, the people in my office who won't shut up, the noisy buses, and my neighbor and his raucous friends. I went and hid up on an stairwell where people aren't supposed to go now and listened to the Interstellar soundtrack, but as soon as I came back into the office (before I'd even sat down) my co got all nosy and demanded to know where I'd been and why. She literally hasn't stopped talking all afternoon and I'm just so tired of it.

This probably is a minor thing but I'm so done with noise. I miss my peaceful home in the Rockies.

Offline wanderingskald

• Adventurer
« Reply #5456 on: April 27, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
Every thing here is so loud all of the time and some days it's really overwhelming. I'm tired of the kids screaming constantly, the people in my office who won't shut up, the noisy buses, and my neighbor and his raucous friends. I went and hid up on an stairwell where people aren't supposed to go now and listened to the Interstellar soundtrack, but as soon as I came back into the office (before I'd even sat down) my co got all nosy and demanded to know where I'd been and why. She literally hasn't stopped talking all afternoon and I'm just so tired of it.

This probably is a minor thing but I'm so done with noise. I miss my peaceful home in the Rockies.

Definitely not a minor thing, I find the noise pollution here odious.  I strongly suggest investing in Noise Isolating headphones, ATh-m50x is what I use, and it blocks out a LOT here.  Best investment I've made, you can wear it while walking around, deskwarming, and even to help you sleep if you have obnoxious neighbors. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5457 on: April 27, 2017, 02:44:19 PM »
Definitely not a minor thing, I find the noise pollution here odious.  I strongly suggest investing in Noise Isolating headphones, ATh-m50x is what I use, and it blocks out a LOT here.  Best investment I've made, you can wear it while walking around, deskwarming, and even to help you sleep if you have obnoxious neighbors.
I don't own these but I give these a recommendation, I've heard them a dozen times. Good quality to cost ratio.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5458 on: April 27, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »

I'm similar and when I first came (not saying your new, I just mean in my first year or over) I hated but now I totally tune it out. Also I made my place cosy as fudge. It's my  little island of peace so I have somewhere to escape to.

Anyway these days its fine, I actually feel weird when it's too quiet.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5459 on: April 27, 2017, 03:35:03 PM »

I'll throw in a recommendation for Bose noise cancelling earbuds if you can get them at a reasonable price here. I got my first pair in college, lasted four years, $200. my pair now was $250 and are over 2 years old. Walking around I actually have to turn on the environmental sound setting so I don't get nailed by an impatient cyclist or sommat. The charge lasts about 12 hours (I think they advertise more but meh). They are in-ear and have a pretty good sound quality when off with a very good quality when on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:37:05 PM by gideonvasquez »