September 22, 2017, 01:40:36 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 486190 times)

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #540 on: August 23, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »
Sorry not to clairy, I was asking HaLo3.

I'm well aware that Korean public schools and universities start Mach 1st.

Offline Zaiterade

• Veteran
« Reply #541 on: August 23, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »
My last week here before I go home, and after my vacation, and they still need me to "teach" this final week.

Movies only. And if their internet doesn't work and I can't get netflix, they're having a free period. I don't even care anymore.

Offline battletoasta

• Adventurer
« Reply #542 on: August 23, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »
I miss playing Pokemon Go.

Offline Greenteabingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2016, 10:50:19 AM »

Me too. I played it all the time while I was in Japan for vacation.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #544 on: August 23, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »
I can't seem to catch up in my sleep.

And too much coffee turns me into a squirrel with just about as much brain capacity.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #545 on: August 23, 2016, 11:11:39 AM »
Today is the FIRST DAY of the new school year, and yet already, one of my classrooms computer and projector set up is completely not working. There goes half the class.
New school year?  Who starts a new school year in August in Korea? An international school?
Yeah, it basically is. It's not a full fledged international school, like SFS or KIS, but it isn't a public Korean school. So we start in the typical second semester for regular Korean schools.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »

Word. I played it a bit when back home for vacation. Some good bonding time with my brother was had ^^ I just wanna catch 'em all... full up on eggs too... why is Sokcho so far???  :cry:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #547 on: August 23, 2016, 12:03:10 PM »
Just said goodbye to my current school. Miserable. Been here for four years and really don't want to leave.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #548 on: August 23, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »
It irks me how the creepy admin guy will randomly open the office door, look in, and leave without saying a word.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #549 on: August 23, 2016, 04:49:12 PM »

Word. I played it a bit when back home for vacation. Some good bonding time with my brother was had ^^ I just wanna catch 'em all... full up on eggs too... why is Sokcho so far???  :cry:
Apparently there's a small area in Ulsan that it works to because of the cross-over of Japans maps. My friend was able to play.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #550 on: August 23, 2016, 05:01:08 PM »

Apparently there's a small area in Ulsan that it works to because of the cross-over of Japans maps. My friend was able to play.

Yeah its Ganjeolgot Beach near the southern end of Ulsan. I know some peeps who played there. Nice beach too. Worth a visit even if you're not chasing Pokemons.  :smiley:

But you don't have to take my word for it ~

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160723000065

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #551 on: August 23, 2016, 06:08:04 PM »
Can't log into NEIS because of some random security scan that needs to be done and is taking forever  >:( >:(

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #552 on: August 24, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »
So I go to my classroom today for the first class this morning. This class has 38 students, and I have 40 desks. But when I get to class, I find out that some other teacher or worker has stolen half of my desks! I had to spend a portion of the period hunting down enough chairs at least and figured I'd worry about the desks later since today their main assignment was speaking bingo so they would need to be walking around anyways. But still, who just takes the desks out of a specified classroom!

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2016, 02:42:46 PM »
I realize you are simply venting, but have you ever considered actually being more prepared.

Both of the issues you have mentioned thus far this semester could have been easily prevented had you prepared.

How about checking the room prior to class?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:05:52 PM by Pecan »

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #554 on: August 24, 2016, 03:10:04 PM »
This happens occasionally with me as well.

While it's a fantastic idea in theory, Pecan's solution is too much effort to be really feasible.
 I just make everybody sit in a big circle on the floor. This comes in really handy later in those lessons where we all have to hold hands and sing "kumbaya".

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
Looks like today's attempt to run the newest dumb security scan is gonna be deemed a failure too. It's been "scanning" for two hours and still isn't finished. And I'm not gonna stay late again. Guess I'll just be accessing NEIS from coworkers' computers until this gets fixed. Annoying

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »
My hair is too dry. I think it's the water, this wasn't a problem before I came to S. Korea. I need to buy a filter for my shower. ;c

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »
My hair is too dry. I think it's the water, this wasn't a problem before I came to S. Korea. I need to buy a filter for my shower. ;c

It's definitely the water. Get that filter asap because the water here isn't just drying, it leaves a film on your hair that stops moisture from getting in. At least, that is my experience.

Gasian

« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2016, 01:08:54 PM »

It is the water. When I got here my first year, my hair started splitting and breaking, when I moved I got a shower head with a filter.... MUCH better, and when you see the shit in the filter...  :shocked:

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2016, 01:30:45 PM »
Arrive back in Korea, get to my stop on the airport bus, try for 30+ minutes to get a taxi home, but no taxi will take me..I have 4 bags.  Whatever.

I walk two bags ahead 30 meters, then walk back, get the other two bags and walk them ahead 60 meters, rinse and repeat (this has happened before, so I'm not blowing a fuse).

I have a nice sweat going within a minute due to the humidity and heat.

After 10 minutes of this baggage relay, this lovely young Korean girl, nicknamed "Kimberly" approached me to offer to help me.  I explain about the taxi situation, so she offers to help wheel my bags home.  I politely refuse her offer, as she is wearing a dress and high heels, it is extremely hot and humid, and my bags are maxed out at 32 kilos/70 pounds.

I continue, but after a couple of minutes, this "Kimberly" returns and insists on helping me, so I accept.

I do my best to make small talk while we muscle the bags toward my house.

She seems "normal", so my initial fears subside.

Once home, I asked her to wait, so I could quickly run inside (I wanted to give her a small  token of my appreciation in the form of a bottle of wine). She thought it too much, but accepted.

Thank you "Kimberly"!

On another note, electric bill from July: 683 kWh= 282,940! Not looking forward to August, as it is already over 600 kWh  :(

I have the AC on all the time and my monthly bills are 18-20 bucks. How on earth are yours so high? Are you in a 4 bedroom?

For the first time this year, I left my ac on 24/7 during my vacation. Was expecting a huge bill, but I thought...meh...it's hot as hell. Was surprised to see that my bill was only about 110 000 won for the month  ;D

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment