November 19, 2017, 09:13:17 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 563983 times)

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5380 on: April 21, 2017, 08:29:19 AM »
On the note of weird people who may or may not be creepy... I was walking home last night after buying a large bag of apples and oranges. I was waiting at a cross walk and there was an older guy, maybe 50s, on a bike behind me. As I started crossing, he slowly pedaled past me and turned back and just watched me. He would pedal a little and turn back and stare. He crossed the street and kept going and I thought that was that, but then up past a store, he was stopped on his bike, looking back until I came into sight. He paced me for a little while like that, maybe 2 blocks, then final kept going.

I had this whole plan of going fruit ninja on him if I needed to, haha.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5381 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:56 AM »
I'm going to the bathroom to take a dump.   8)

Did you finish yet?  I didn't see any post in the 'Happy Shit' thread.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5382 on: April 21, 2017, 08:42:53 AM »

Did you finish yet?  I didn't see any post in the 'Happy Shit' thread.

Maybe it was an angry shit.  I have the black pen. 

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5384 on: April 21, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »
Not enough ranting!

The very first light on the way out of town just turned green as I got to it on my way to my country school this morning. This is great because this light takes forever. But we're not moving! Some driver a few cars in front of me has either fallen asleep or is completely unaware. The light turns red and one car has gone through the entire green light. Queue long wait. SIGH

This type of thing is not uncommon and it makes me crazy. Korean drivers will go through a red light if it was recently yellow like their ass is on fire, but when they're waiting at a red, their brain goes out the window. I see so many cars being put in park - and even turned off which is insane - at red lights, it drives me nuts!

As far as cars turning off, a lot of high-end cars automatically turn off when idling at a stop. Its new tech.

Not only high-end cars. They started putting it in just regular ole' cars a couple of years ago. My buddy's 2013 Hyundai does the same, as many others that I've seen.

I do get what you're saying though. I agree. People seem to fly through red lights, but when it comes time for take off when it hits green, they take forever. I get not wanting to slam on the gas, but it shouldn't take the better part of a minute to get to 60kph either.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5385 on: April 21, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
As far as cars turning off, a lot of high-end cars automatically turn off when idling at a stop. Its new tech.

I live in the arse-end of Korea. It's not new tech out here.

That's cool that cars do it automatically now though. At least as long as they manage to start up quickly afterwards. Also, I was always under the impression it took more fuel to start a car than to let it idle for some minutes. I imagine ignition tech has improved since then.

Argh! Now I'm not ranting in the ranting thread. More ranting!

Offline HiddenPerson

• Adventurer
« Reply #5386 on: April 21, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »
Sometimes, communicating is really annoying...I really wanted to ask, "Do you not realize that I am basically trapped here until the bus comes and you are making me super uncomfortable? Do you not see that?"
I feel bad for the person who was trying to talk to you on the bus...
...I'm sorry you feel bad as the American community in Korea, and I hope don't feel isolated wherever you are.

Chinguetti's comments sound much more helpful here. I would *try to* ignore all the rest. There are stories like this that pop up all the time on waygook, so don't feel like it's just you. Unfortunately, they tend to attract as many unsympathetic comments as supportive ones.

I assumed it was a 20 something man and a 20 something woman who were both Americans in a small town in Korea. I was wrong, but under my initial assumption, I don't feel like my post was that bad. Unless you've lived in a town that only has a CU, then you don't really understand how starved for language you can be. So when you see someone your age and possibly from the same country, you're going to be a bit bolder than normal.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5387 on: April 21, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »
Sometimes, communicating is really annoying...I really wanted to ask, "Do you not realize that I am basically trapped here until the bus comes and you are making me super uncomfortable? Do you not see that?"
...I'm sorry you feel bad as the American community in Korea, and I hope don't feel isolated wherever you are.

Chinguetti's comments sound much more helpful here. I would *try to* ignore all the rest. There are stories like this that pop up all the time on waygook, so don't feel like it's just you. Unfortunately, they tend to attract as many unsympathetic comments as supportive ones.

I assumed it was a 20 something man and a 20 something woman who were both Americans in a small town in Korea. I was wrong, but under my initial assumption, I don't feel like my post was that bad. Unless you've lived in a town that only has a CU, then you don't really understand how starved for language you can be. So when you see someone your age and possibly from the same country, you're going to be a bit bolder than normal.

Hahaha, a CU? What is that! Ahahaha

I live in a teeny tiny town...

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5388 on: April 21, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »

Why when Korean men go to the toilet to do a shit do their ASSES EXPLODE like Kim Jeong Euns missiles?

Do they really think that explosive diarrhea is just normal?

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5389 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »
I live in a teeny tiny town...[/quote]

They had their own brand of umbrella a while ago (green/purple design) and it was branded as the CUmbrella.

Very unfortunate.

Offline HiddenPerson

• Adventurer
« Reply #5390 on: April 21, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »

CU, GS25, 7/11 and Family Mart(rip) are all the same. Just a convenience store. I don't get your laughter.

Oh, I didn't see the moving text. Sorry!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:57:37 AM by HiddenPerson »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5391 on: April 21, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »

CU, GS25, 7/11 and Family Mart(rip) are all the same. Just a convenience store. I don't get your laughter.

Ah, sarcasm is easily missed on the internet. 

There literally is not even a convenience store where I live.  That's how small my town is.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5392 on: April 21, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »
Had to return an Amazon order yesterday, which meant the dreaded trip to the post office. I foresaw difficulty and I was right...

- For returns, you print out a customs invoice and Amazon return address form and affix them to the package, which I did. There's also a space to write your address, which I did.

- The lady at the counter then gave me a form to fill out the shippers address and destination
  address. I showed that these addresses were already written on the box. Why would you need to
  affix a second return address on it? I decided this was a fight I wasn't going to win and wrote
  these addresses.

- Once finished, she asked if I could write the address in Korean... Lady, this is an international
  parcel. Most people outside Korea can't read Korean. She then went to her computer, typed out
  'War and Peace' and said English was fine.

- The she wanted a phone number for the destination address. I told her it's an Amazon commercial 
  , there's no need for a contact number. Again, she began typing 'Dante's Divine Comedy' and
  settled on no phone number.

- As I left, she affixed the shipping address I wrote, next to the shipping address on the box. So,
  now the box had duplicates of both addresses affixed to it.

The entire process took 25min.

Offline HiddenPerson

• Adventurer
« Reply #5393 on: April 21, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »

Ah, sarcasm is easily missed on the internet. 

There literally is not even a convenience store where I live.  That's how small my town is.

I missed the moving text. My bad.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5394 on: April 21, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »
Had to return an Amazon order yesterday, which meant the dreaded trip to the post office. I foresaw difficulty and I was right...

- Once finished, she asked if I could write the address in Korean... Lady, this is an international
  parcel. Most people outside Korea can't read Korean. She then went to her computer, typed out

This is so absurd. hahaha, This is why everyone should know the Roman alphabet if you work in the public sector. You don't need to know English, but you have to know that Sanbon means 산본.

Jesus Christ, hahahaha

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5395 on: April 21, 2017, 11:20:51 AM »
The post office is such a pain in the arse here.

Sometimes doing anything is such a pain in the arse. Being an adult is a pain in the arse....Adult stuff with paperwork is a pain in the arse.

With the post office i do appreciate they are open past 4 though.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5396 on: April 21, 2017, 11:29:28 AM »
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/04/international-fans-demand-apology-from-sbs-for-hong-hyun-hees-blackface-comedy-skit

:huh: :rolleyes: :huh:

Korean "gag people" have international fans?

Why is there an international blackface scandal stemming from Korean entertainers every month these days?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5397 on: April 21, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/04/international-fans-demand-apology-from-sbs-for-hong-hyun-hees-blackface-comedy-skit

:huh: :rolleyes: :huh:

Korean "gag people" have international fans?

Why is there an international blackface scandal stemming from Korean entertainers every month these days?
My guess is international fans living in Korea? Or the koreaboos living abroad?

It seems like they just don't care. I have seen a few things like this out and about in the past.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5398 on: April 21, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »

- For returns, you print out a customs invoice and Amazon return address form and affix them to the package, which I did. There's also a space to write your address, which I did.

This is normal.

- The lady at the counter then gave me a form to fill out the shippers address and destination
  address. I showed that these addresses were already written on the box. Why would you need to
  affix a second return address on it? I decided this was a fight I wasn't going to win and wrote
  these addresses.

This is the customs form, as well as their copy of the shipment details. Lots of countries do this. Then there's a carbon copy that they can pull out for you, one for the post office, one on the parcel, and another for customs if they need it.

That's unusual - I've never had that happen at a post office before.

- The she wanted a phone number for the destination address. I told her it's an Amazon commercial 
  , there's no need for a contact number. Again, she began typing 'Dante's Divine Comedy' and
  settled on no phone number.

Again, 100% normal for EMS or Air Parcel post. They don't need a phone number but it's recommended when possible. And they will accept it without one.

- As I left, she affixed the shipping address I wrote, next to the shipping address on the box. So,
  now the box had duplicates of both addresses affixed to it.

Which is why either 1) you don't need to put addresses on the box before you go to the post office, or 2) if one of the addresses is somehow damaged, there's a backup, so the odds of it being undeliverable are a lot lower.

The entire process took 25min.
That's a really long time.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5399 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:36 AM »

They had their own brand of umbrella a while ago (green/purple design) and it was branded as the CUmbrella.

Very unfortunate.

Please, please tell me you have pictures of this.