November 19, 2017, 10:20:28 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564729 times)

Online Pecan

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5320 on: April 19, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »
Rant/vent away...
I don't think you offend anyone. Except the time you were chastising a dead couple who had fallen to the deaths for not having funeral insurance. While family members were posting in the same thread.

Yeah.  I wouldn't characterize it as you have above, but point taken.

My level of tact and social grace only continues to diminish as time goes by...

I hope many today, especially those that have started a family, have a term-life policy.

If not, do your spouse and dependents a favor and get it today.

Putting them in a position to panhandle isn't cool.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5321 on: April 19, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »
I'm 40ish, and yet still fully aware that on the other side of any keyboard is a living, feeling human being.

I stand corrected.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuuuuuuu CO2, I'm trying to post here!
Make a post here, press post....

Wait 57 seconds to make sure it loads. Patiently.

Another user has written a post. Do you still want to continue?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh, jway sohng hey yo!

Can you help me get some EE Ship Lee Tuh Suh Lay Kee Bu Tongs??

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5322 on: April 19, 2017, 03:32:55 PM »
I'm 40ish, and yet still fully aware that on the other side of any keyboard is a living, feeling human being.

I stand corrected.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh, jway sohng hey yo!

Annie yo! Pee gone hay yo! nah nun weigh guck serum!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5323 on: April 19, 2017, 03:41:39 PM »

I stand corrected.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh, jway sohng hey yo!

Annie yo! Pee gone hay yo! nah nun weigh guck serum!

Omg stop. :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh: 

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #5324 on: April 19, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 I think the teachers in this office think I am weird because I am sitting here laughing. "annie yo"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5325 on: April 19, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »

OMG I cannot stop laughing. There are literally tears.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #5326 on: April 19, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
Damn, I live for these Waygook roasts.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5327 on: April 19, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
You were pointed to a source, the World Health Organization.  Go learn something.

LOL @ "source", nice google bro.

Now go work 20yrs as a macro-analyst, then spend 1000 hours synthesizing all sources into a coherent theory, using a genius IQ.

8) BRAIN-GOOK 8)

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #5328 on: April 19, 2017, 08:10:45 PM »
You were pointed to a source, the World Health Organization.  Go learn something.

Now go work 20yrs as a macro-analyst, then spend 1000 hours synthesizing all sources into a coherent theory, using a genius IQ.

8) BRAIN-GOOK 8)

Online Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5329 on: April 19, 2017, 09:25:51 PM »
isn't ptolemy the one who wanted a separate section of waygook created specifically for non-teachers because he just couldn't bear to associate with us?

i wish we had taken his request more seriously, then he could just go be annoying over there and not here

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5330 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:01 PM »
Why is the game battle ship so hard for Korean teachers to understand, yet if you remove the teacher from the room, and then explain it again to the kids the kids get it in under 2 minutes?

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5331 on: April 19, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »
isn't ptolemy the one who wanted a separate section of waygook created specifically for non-teachers because he just couldn't bear to associate with us?

i wish we had taken his request more seriously...

See! I tried to warn you.  :azn:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5332 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:35 PM »
Why is the game battle ship so hard for Korean teachers to understand, yet if you remove the teacher from the room, and then explain it again to the kids the kids get it in under 2 minutes?

HOLY SHIT YES

"It is too hard, we do not have this game."

Well, I learned yutnori in 3 mins, so....................... The kids are brighter than you think.

I hate bomb games. So when I get told to use a bomb game INSTEAD of a cool new game, disheartening to say the least.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5333 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
My Thursday CT is excellent at classroom management, yet she has one issue I can't stand and I'm anticipating for tomorrow, she doesn't like any kind of detour from the lesson or textbook, no matter how short.

Some of my new students at her school are dying to ask me certain questions like, 'Why do you speak English if you're from SA?' 'Are there cities in your country?' and 'Why aren't you black?'
It takes me 2 minutes to detour and explain the history of SA and shatter years of ignorance.
The 'ahas' I get from students at my other schools are oddly satisfying once they learn the truth.
No... My CT thinks memorizing 'I water the tree at 7 o'clock' is more important.
Apparently, she thinks teaching is testing what they already know instead of learning something new.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5334 on: April 19, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
My Thursday CT is excellent at classroom management, yet she has one issue I can't stand and I'm anticipating for tomorrow, she doesn't like any kind of detour from the lesson or textbook, no matter how short.

Some of my new students at her school are dying to ask me certain questions like, 'Why do you speak English if you're from SA?' 'Are there cities in your country?' and 'Why aren't you black?'
It takes me 2 minutes to detour and explain the history of SA and shatter years of ignorance.
The 'ahas' I get from students at my other schools are oddly satisfying once they learn the truth.
No... My CT thinks memorizing 'I water the tree at 7 o'clock' is more important.
Apparently, she thinks teaching is testing what they already know instead of learning something new.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; we are not merely English teachers, we are cultural ambassadors. This country is so homogeneous, it's good for the kids to have some exposure to those that don't live the same way that they do.

To shut that down............ just................... irks me. This Korean co-teacher irked me.

Oops, wrong thread.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5335 on: April 20, 2017, 07:30:58 AM »

I think you just summed up the entire Korean education system right there.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5336 on: April 20, 2017, 07:31:38 AM »

Who did that, then?
8) BRAIN-GOOK 8)
Hmmm,  you can't even follow an attribution--not my source, not my googling, brainiak.

The "source" in question was "Health Expectancy Indicators" from the World Health Organization.  Obviously your 20 years + 1000 hours trumps their paltry experience ...

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5337 on: April 20, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
I was struggling at gym last night. Figured maybe I just hadn't hydrated enough during the day. Woke up at 2am feeling like I had been hit by a bus. Yes, I have a cold. My head hurts, I can barely breathe, my muscles feel like I was at gym for 4 hours. So today I will not be 100% and Simon says will be a little lackluster.

I wish as per someone else's advice I could just leave my cold at home and come to school 100%. Now I feel I may be having an emotional breakdown because I am not the teacher I should be. I am so immature. But I will persist and try with all my might to be the 100% perfect dancing English puppet, as this is what is expected of me.

In other news, I found Cadbury's chocolate at our little GS last night. It doesn't taste like the one from home. This made me sad.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5338 on: April 20, 2017, 08:01:20 AM »
To anyone who thinks there's no sarcasm in Korean, you should come to my middle schools and listen to the way some of the kids do their 인사s in the morning.

It's whiny, nasal, window-shattering faux cutesy-ness and barely concealed disdain at obnoxious volume levels. But yeah, proper honorifics make it polite.  :rolleyes:
If that's not sarcasm I don't know what is.

;D :P ;D아ㅏㅏㅏㄴ영ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ하ㅏㅏ세ㅔㅔㅔㅔㅔ여ㅕㅕㅕㅕㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ  ;D  :P ;D

I'm not feeling it today.  :laugh:

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #5339 on: April 20, 2017, 09:45:08 AM »
I got cocky.

I went in before 1st period, needing to print out some stuff double-sided. I did a one-copy test to make sure I had it on the right settings, because I'm a responsible adult and don't like to waste paper.

OR SO I THOUGHT.

Cut to period 3, where I need to print off some more copies for my next class. "I already changed the setting so I'll just hurry up and print out the copies so I can go back to solitude." 10 pages of paper, wasted, because I didn't do my one-copy test to make sure no one changed the settings. I feel like I am single-handedly causing more rainforests to be cut down.

NEVER GET COCKY. NEVERRRRR.

Sidenote: Is this even the right use of "cocky"?

And I know I sound kinda comical and borderline sarcastic, but I really am disappointed in myself. ):
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:48:06 AM by scpru »