November 19, 2017, 10:20:22 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564728 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5300 on: April 19, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »
Are you kidding me? Being thousands of km away from home, away from family, and everything familiar will lead to some bouts of sadness. Especially if there was a major event such as a death in the family or not being able to see a major life event such as a siblings wedding. People get sad at times. I'm not saying you should yell at kids when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but shit does happen.
As I have said, if you are an emotional "wreck", take a "sick" day.

Why come to school and "infect" others in the workplace, your school, with your moodiness?

It isn't "fair" to your students or your coteachers.

Bottom line, I'm afraid I don't agree with your blanket excuse that "shit does happen" should equate to "being unprofessional is OK".  It is NOT.

I am really not clear on your reference points throughout life that have brought you to some of these outlandish conclusions.  Maybe you favor alexithymia and it makes it hard for you to accept that humans generally experience a range of different emotions every day or maybe you've seen Girl Interrupted a boatload of times.

Either way, it's not unprofessional to have feelings. It doesn't make you a wreck. It doesn't mean you're infecting others.  It also doesn't mean you're blaring "Everybody Hurts", snapping at kids, sobbing between choral drills, etc.

I sincerely hope that the empathy you lack for other adults is at least dispensed to your students who may be similarly "moody" based on unsafe/chaotic home lives, bullying, etc.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5301 on: April 19, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »
PECAN: wow, in my 10 years here i've never had a coteacher hit me. i'm not sure if you are trolling? anyway OP, if you're not, i think you need to take a long hard look at what behaviors you have been doing recently that caused your coteacher to hit you. perhaps there was a cultural misunderstanding? not every foreigner is as in tune with korean culture as i am, and knows how to conduct themselves in the workplace like i do. is there anything about your coteaching relationship that might have caused her to act this way? perhaps you have been stressing her out recently. also, getting your coteacher arrested will not reflect well on you. you should look for another job when your contract is up because you won't get renewed.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5302 on: April 19, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »
Pecan your latest post is just another example of what i was talking about. how do you get 'emotional wreck' from someone saying they aren't feeling as chipper as usual?

and if that person did take a sick day you'd probably berate them for 'not being able to control their emotions', or being weak, or something like that  :rolleyes:

this is an example of one of your typical posts:

PERSON: the most incredible thing just happened. my coteacher stormed into the teachers office, started randomly hitting me. then she burst into a classroom, screamed in a student's face and tore up his textbook. after that she ran into the parking lot, got in her car and crashed it into a wall. the principal called the police and she was arrested. they took her to the hospital where she had a brain scan done and they found a brain tumor. doctors say that's the reason why she was acting so crazy. she's now undergoing emergency brain surgery.

PECAN: wow, in my 10 years here i've never had a coteacher hit me. i'm not sure if you are trolling? anyway OP, if you're not, i think you need to take a long hard look at what behaviors you have been doing recently that caused your coteacher to hit you. perhaps there was a cultural misunderstanding? not every foreigner is as in tune with korean culture as i am, and knows how to conduct themselves in the workplace like i do. is there anything about your coteaching relationship that might have caused her to act this way? perhaps you have been stressing her out recently. also, getting your coteacher arrested will not reflect well on you. you should look for another job when your contract is up because you won't get renewed.

Thanks for the cackle.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5303 on: April 19, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »
Pecan your latest post is just another example of what i was talking about. how do you get 'emotional wreck' from someone saying they aren't feeling as chipper as usual?

and if that person did take a sick day you'd probably berate them for 'not being able to control their emotions', or being weak, or something like that  :rolleyes:

this is an example of one of your typical posts:

PERSON: the most incredible thing just happened. my coteacher stormed into the teachers office, started randomly hitting me. then she burst into a classroom, screamed in a student's face and tore up his textbook. after that she ran into the parking lot, got in her car and crashed it into a wall. the principal called the police and she was arrested. they took her to the hospital where she had a brain scan done and they found a brain tumor. doctors say that's the reason why she was acting so crazy. she's now undergoing emergency brain surgery.

I haven't actually audibly laughed at something on this Waygook.org website in a really long time - until this.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5304 on: April 19, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »
Thanks for that :)

That was a pretty darn good impression...

You may well have missed your calling.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5305 on: April 19, 2017, 02:35:03 PM »
What I do is analysis.
What are you analyzing?

Evolutionary biology / anthropology.

That's because health is a more or less undefined parameter defined by the individual using it.

It is quantifiable, and the metics do not include life span. It's not "all subjective", that's just what religious cult people say.  :azn:
You were pointed to a source, the World Health Organization.  Go learn something.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5306 on: April 19, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »
As for the sensitive millennials that I continue to offend, please understand ;)

I am from a different generation/born in a much different time.  I view this form of interaction quite a bit differently than you facebook, twitter, tinder using folks do (not my cup of tea).

It doesn't register as "real"/humane to me in the least, so I can be pretty tone deaf when it comes to my level of empathy.

I don't post here to coddle nor to be coddled by others.

I'm simply killing time and enjoy being able to help some in the rare occasion when I am able.

No harm meant here.

Rant/vent away...

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5307 on: April 19, 2017, 02:54:28 PM »
As for the sensitive millennials that I continue to offend, please understand ;)

I am from a different generation/born in a much different time.  I view this form of interaction quite a bit differently than you facebook, twitter, tinder using folks do (not my cup of tea).

It doesn't register as "real"/humane to me in the least, so I can be pretty tone deaf when it comes to my level of empathy.

I'm simply killing time and enjoy being able to help some in the rare occasion when I am able.

No harm meant here.

Rant/vent away...

Hmmm. It sounds suspiciously like you are asking for empathy considering your special situation. That's pretty snowflake-y of you.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5308 on: April 19, 2017, 02:58:14 PM »

No harm meant here.

Rant/vent away...

Hmmm. It sounds suspiciously like you are asking for empathy considering your special situation. That's pretty snowflake-y of you.
My apologies (in perpetuity).

If it has to be explained to you, it means you missed it ;)

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5309 on: April 19, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »

No harm meant here.

Rant/vent away...
I don't think you offend anyone. Except the time you were chastising a dead couple who had fallen to the deaths for not having funeral insurance. While family members were posting in the same thread.

You just seem dreadfully out of touch with real human interaction. If you didnt already mention it I would guess people like you or Ptolemy had been in Korea for 20 plus years. It really, really shows.

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5310 on: April 19, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
ME: What's going on over at Waygook these days? ...oh.

Stop feeding the trolls!

1. Pecan gives these replies because people get mad.

2. Ptolemy is a troll, but also, as someone with an evolutionary anthropological background, I can tell you that he/she is supah supah wrong-uh. Probably the kind of person who uses the term "Paleo" incorrectly all the time, Ugh.

Anyways, thanks for the Overwatch game. Nice to see there are still so many good resources on this site.

P.S. Loki88, damn, don't let your kid die for the sake of family harmony! If she does it again, pretend you're gonna pop him in the freezer :D (kidding. Hope your kiddo's gonna be okay.)

byeeeeee

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5311 on: April 19, 2017, 03:06:13 PM »
Does anybody else really, really want to see Pecan teach a class?  I'm SO curious.

SO OF COURSE NOW IMMA HAVE TO MAKE A FEW BOMB GAMES JUST TO SHUT THOSE GANGLY CUNTS UP (thx Penny)

This made me laugh out loud so hard  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5312 on: April 19, 2017, 03:06:33 PM »

No harm meant here.

Rant/vent away...

I'm 40ish, and yet still fully aware that on the other side of any keyboard is a living, feeling human being. I personally don't believe that is a generational specific concept.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5313 on: April 19, 2017, 03:09:37 PM »
I really want this deep fried garbage now, but I don't think it exists in Korea (?) and though I've made cali rolls before, I've never deep fried them myself.  Ugh, crispy goodness with eel sauce and spicy mayo. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5314 on: April 19, 2017, 03:12:10 PM »
I really want this deep fried garbage now, but I don't think it exists in Korea (?) and though I've made cali rolls before, I've never deep fried them myself.  Ugh, crispy goodness with eel sauce and spicy mayo. 

I don't fry for myself ever. Feels like a HUGE waste of oil. hahaha

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5315 on: April 19, 2017, 03:17:29 PM »

http://ot-foodspotting-production.s3.amazonaws.com/reviews/1181611/thumb_600.jpg?1325532072

I don't fry for myself ever. Feels like a HUGE waste of oil. hahaha

Truly.  Especially for just one person.. but I'm super tempted because deep fried cali rolls are just so good. 

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5316 on: April 19, 2017, 03:20:11 PM »
I'm 40ish, and yet still fully aware that on the other side of any keyboard is a living, feeling human being.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5317 on: April 19, 2017, 03:24:51 PM »
Make a post here, press post....

Wait 57 seconds to make sure it loads. Patiently.

Another user has written a post. Do you still want to continue?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5318 on: April 19, 2017, 03:26:20 PM »
I'm 40ish, and yet still fully aware that on the other side of any keyboard is a living, feeling human being.

I stand corrected.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuuuuuuu CO2, I'm trying to post here!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5319 on: April 19, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »

I stand corrected.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuuuuuuu CO2, I'm trying to post here!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh, jway sohng hey yo!