October 19, 2017, 03:29:56 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521457 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5280 on: April 14, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »
Ugggggggghhhhhhhhh

Coming home last night from Ansan, after a great Indonesian meal, and some Ajeossi is looking at my phone. Like, piss off.

:afro: Ah, English.

>:( Yup.

:afro: Where you from?

>:( Canada.

:afro: Ah! I go to U of T for ESL.

>:( Oh, that's cool. Really good school.

:afro: What is favourite Korean food?

>:( 순대국 or 돼지갈비.

:afro: Ah, do you know kimchi? (I know this is a meme, but he actually asked me. MF, if I love sundaeguk and Dwayj ribs, you bet your ass I've 'heard of' kimchi, you nitwit)

:afro: Do you know CN Tower? 

>:( Yes. Do you know Namsan Tower?

:afro: Of course, I know. I am Korean. Why ask if I know that? (The irony is TOTALLY LOST ON THIS GUY)

>:( *sigh*

:afro: I get off at Sanbon.

>:( *sigh* Me too.

:afro: Ah, give me phone number. We go out for...... you know maekju? and Kimbab? (I told him I've been here 4 years, Christ, yes. FFS)

>:( Yeah, sounds great.

We get off at Sanbon and I tell him I have to use the washroom, in hopes that he'll say, "Oh, ok, Goodbye."

:afro: Ok, I will wait here.

MF~~~~~~~~~~

I come out later.

:afro: Urine? (pronounced like 유라인)

>:( Look, why would you ask me that? (patience is low)

:afro: Oh, sorry. Just you take long time so I think maybe not 유라인.

DON'T TAKE THE SOUTH EXIT, DON'T TAKE THE SOUTH EXIT................

:afro: *takes north exit*

>:( Ah, you're going that way? SEE YA.

Jeeeeeez. I could feel my blood pressure rapidly going up just by reading that.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5281 on: April 14, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »
lol, love your angry-face persona.

Life would be easier if we could walk around with emoticons over our heads to indicate what mood we're currently in.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5282 on: April 14, 2017, 03:28:12 PM »

Life would be easier if we could walk around with emoticons over our heads to indicate what mood we're currently in.

Isn't that what faces are for? :lipsrsealed:

In an augmented-reality future, that may not be so implausible.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #5283 on: April 14, 2017, 03:29:27 PM »

This is condensed. He stood a foot and a half away from my face, too. Ugh, I don't mind small talk but stop asking me if I'll be your best friend. You're 55, no offense, but y'aint my type.

My friend is from Toronto, and he's married to a Korean that went to....... U of T, funny enough. He's been over here 10 YEARS. Same damn questions, every time. His wife butts in, after 2 mins EVERY TIME, and says in super formal Korean "This man is a lot younger than you, he cannot be your friend. Have a wonderful day." They always realise what they're doing, like an epiphany. And they go on their way. I need to learn this phrase from her. hahaha

Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5284 on: April 14, 2017, 03:35:33 PM »

This is condensed. He stood a foot and a half away from my face, too. Ugh, I don't mind small talk but stop asking me if I'll be your best friend. You're 55, no offense, but y'aint my type.

My friend is from Toronto, and he's married to a Korean that went to....... U of T, funny enough. He's been over here 10 YEARS. Same damn questions, every time. His wife butts in, after 2 mins EVERY TIME, and says in super formal Korean "This man is a lot younger than you, he cannot be your friend. Have a wonderful day." They always realise what they're doing, like an epiphany. And they go on their way. I need to learn this phrase from her. hahaha

I'm going to be super empathetic and suggest that maybe some of these old dudes are super lonely, and see a foreigner and think, damn, this guy maybe feels alone being away from his people. Maybe we can be friends.

This is reaching pretty hard. But, I mean, maybe. If you want to play some schmaltzy sad piano music and make a short little documentary about this phenomenon.

More than likely though, they're just tools.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5285 on: April 14, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »
Aaarrgggg. When some random newbie starts going on about how they understand Korean culture so much and how awful foreigners are. Newbies be acting like they have figured out in two weeks what every other foreigner has clearly failed to see over the course of lord knows how many years, telling me about everything the teachers talk about in the teachers room etc

Me: Oh, so do you speak Korean?
Newbie: No.  Not yet.
Me: So how do you know what they are saying....
Newbie: *crickets*

God I am just such an irritable person lately.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5286 on: April 14, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »
Aaarrgggg. When some random newbie starts going on about how they understand Korean culture so much and how awful foreigners are. Newbies be acting like they have figured out in two weeks what every other foreigner has clearly failed to see over the course of lord knows how many years, telling me about everything the teachers talk about in the teachers room etc

No. This is valid.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5287 on: April 14, 2017, 03:47:46 PM »

No. This is valid.

Yep.  Nobody likes condescending know-it-alls.  Those types of people are poison.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5288 on: April 14, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »

No. This is valid.

Yep.  Nobody likes condescending know-it-alls.  Those types of people are poison.

Worse than sugar.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #5289 on: April 14, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »
We could def make a #basedcowboyshirt drinking game.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5290 on: April 14, 2017, 04:06:59 PM »

And literally play it unironically.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5291 on: April 14, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »

I'll drink to that.

Take a shot/swig every time he says "poison," "literally," or mentions "sugar."  :laugh:

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5292 on: April 14, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »

I'll drink to that.

Take a shot/swig every time he says "poison," "literally," or mentions "sugar."  :laugh:

To be fair, I don't really talk much about sugar because it's poison and I don't eat it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5293 on: April 14, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »

I'll drink to that.

To be fair, I don't really talk much about sugar because it's poison and I don't eat it.

No worries, I can regale ya'll with the sugary garbage I ingest and you can respond accordingly.  8)

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5294 on: April 14, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »

I'll drink to that.

No worries, I can regale ya'll with the sugary garbage I ingest and you can respond accordingly.  8)

We finna get #2turnt

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5295 on: April 14, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »

This is under the assumption that people actually know how to read beyond the obvious. Or that they're not up against someone with resting-bitch-face.

What would the future be like if we could only convey emotions through exaggerated facial expressions and all of the more subtle nuances didn't exist? I'd imagine baring your teeth in a scowl would probably be the only acceptable way of conveying anger or annoyance.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:36:58 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #5296 on: April 14, 2017, 04:45:25 PM »

This is under the assumption that people actually know how to read beyond the obvious. Or that they're not up against someone with resting-bitch-face.

What would the future be like if we could only convey emotions through exaggerated facial expressions and all of the more subtle nuances didn't exist? I'd imagine baring your teeth in a scowl would probably be the only acceptable way of conveying anger or annoyance.

Faces lie.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:52:48 PM by donovan »

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5297 on: April 14, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
Faces lie.

There's no such thing as a perfect system.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5298 on: April 14, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »

Assuming that people are aware enough to read body language/Facial expressions. Even if it is obvious. I have one of those faces where you can quite literally see each thought process happening. My life is peppered with people who continually fail to see the obvious.  *has look of disgust on face*  some half aware excuse for a human will be "like totally awesome right?". That is what they to see so that is what they see. Self absorption at it's very best. It truly amazes me how dimwitted some people are. I hate having to explain the most obvious thing, in detail, to a half wit or self absorbed prat.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5299 on: April 14, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »
Assuming that people are aware enough to read body language/Facial expressions. Even if it is obvious. I have one of those faces where you can quite literally see each thought process happening. My life is peppered with people who continually fail to see the obvious.  *has look of disgust on face*  some half aware excuse for a human will be "like totally awesome right?". That is what they to see so that is what they see. Self absorption at it's very best. It truly amazes me how dimwitted some people are. I hate having to explain the most obvious thing, in detail, to a half wit or self absorbed prat.

Let's just say that the world would be a better place if it were more like SIMs.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment