November 19, 2017, 02:56:01 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564324 times)

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5200 on: April 18, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »
Yesterday my allergies were so bad that whatever was going on with my sinuses caused me to feel extremely dizzy, which caused nausea and the 40 minute bus drive home resulted in me hugging the big white telephone for a bit. Needless to say I have not had much sleep and I am at my main school with nothing to do (my travel school has its birthday today). I am exhausted.

I wrote all that to explain that I am loading up on 120 cal per can coffee (2+1) and quite enjoying the glucose poisoning.  :P

Yeah, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and woke up early again this morning, so I'm kind of dying. This is my 6 class day, too, so the last thing I need is to be dizzy and in pain.

I've got three of those punch-cups of caffe mocha to keep me alive through the day. I'll take the extra sugar today even if it's making the nausea worse.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5201 on: April 18, 2017, 09:20:16 AM »
The teacher at the desk next to me suddenly sprayed so much of that menthol 파스 spray that I started coughing and my eyes are watering. Fast forward 10 minutes and I have a headache now.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5202 on: April 18, 2017, 09:28:02 AM »
Ramen is awesome. It's kind of unhealthy, but that's no reason to avoid it completely. There's nothing wrong with ramen in moderation.

See, I think there is. I personally haven't allowed a single bite to enter my body in years. I used to be overweight myself; it took me a while to figure out what I was eating had a lot to do with that. And it's not just about being fatter or slimmer- ramen has loads of salt and chemicals. Really gross. But people can do what they want- it's their life. Hopefully my words "ramen is unhealthy" aren't offensive to the point they cause more hurt than the benefit the advice could bring. I've just noticed those who assert there's nothing wrong with junk food in moderation tend to be overweight...while those who avoid it completely tend to be in great shape. I've never met a hefty person who eats clean. Have you? Something to think about anyways. The junk food industry lobby pushes the all things in moderation / this sugary cereal can be part of a complete breakfast line a lot and it's really misleading in my opinion. I guess I'm a bit on the politically incorrect side now; sorry.  :-[ I'm just trying to wish y'all a based life.

I've gained like 8kg
I have a few extra kilos

My weight gain definitely comes from lack of exercise, not what I eat. MSG makes me feel gross, so I only eat ramen maybe once every two months.

Also, I weigh 71.5kg and am 175cm tall, so technically I'm not overweight according to most BMI charts, but I still feel fat compared to my previous weight.

But yeah, eating processed food is both expensive and usually unhealthy compared to eating things in their natural state like carrots. But it's still tasty, so it's okay to eat sometimes, maybe.

Last time I checked myself, I was 173cm and weighed 75KG, I think I was just over the border of my healthy body weight (into overweight), according the the BMI chart. I haven't checked my weight in a while. I'm worried I've gone back up a bit. :(

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5203 on: April 18, 2017, 09:50:28 AM »
I go to my second period class.  I see other adults go in the classroom, and students are sitting in a circle talking.  I realize that class has been changed for some reason.  A student comes and tells me that there is a class meeting for a school project. I've not been told about this beforehand.

What does it say when I'm told by my students instead of my co-teacher/coordinator about schedule changes?   :rolleyes:

Offline Conner42

• Adventurer
« Reply #5204 on: April 18, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »
I've never met a hefty person who eats clean. Have you? Something to think about anyways.
I'm not saying that eating this way means that you're eating healthily or that you're not avoiding junk food.

However, I did meet a vegetarian who was fat. I mean, I can see why this could happen, but I was still pretty surprised.
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5205 on: April 18, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »
I've never met a hefty person who eats clean. Have you? Something to think about anyways.
I'm not saying that eating this way means that you're eating healthily or that you're not avoiding junk food.

However, I did meet a vegetarian who was fat. I mean, I can see why this could happen, but I was still pretty surprised.

Two of my besties are vegan and they are very curvy, in fact one is considered overweight medically, which I still struggle to understand but it is what it is.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5206 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »
A lot of that has to do with the overprocessed shit food they (specifically, a couple of friends back home) eat.

Faux-chicken nuggets are not healthy. Vegan ice cream is not healthy.

Vegans can fry things, vegans can use sugar.

The vegans who do it for health reasons? They are usually skinnier. Then the environmentalists who don't like multinationals and monocrops.

Then the animal rights people. It's in that order, as far as I can tell, based on my experience back home.

Offline HiddenPerson

• Adventurer
« Reply #5207 on: April 18, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
I go to my second period class.  I see other adults go in the classroom, and students are sitting in a circle talking.  I realize that class has been changed for some reason.  A student comes and tells me that there is a class meeting for a school project. I've not been told about this beforehand.

What does it say when I'm told by my students instead of my co-teacher/coordinator about schedule changes?   :rolleyes:

That is fucked up. I would be so angry that you are considered beneath the students in regards to information. It takes very little effort to inform you about such a change.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5208 on: April 18, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »

That is fucked up. I would be so angry that you are considered beneath the students in regards to information. It takes very little effort to inform you about such a change.
Take the rest of the day off. When questioned about it, tell coteachers that the same students who informed you of your schedule change also told you to go home for the rest of the day.  :smiley:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5209 on: April 18, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »
A lot of that has to do with the overprocessed shit food they (specifically, a couple of friends back home) eat.

Faux-chicken nuggets are not healthy. Vegan ice cream is not healthy.

Vegans can fry things, vegans can use sugar.

The vegans who do it for health reasons? They are usually skinnier. Then the environmentalists who don't like multinationals and monocrops.

Then the animal rights people. It's in that order, as far as I can tell, based on my experience back home.

Hey CO2 - I sent you a PM but it's not in my sent messages box. Did you get it?

Ah, je m'excuse, je ne parle pas Anglais. Seulement en Francais.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5210 on: April 18, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5211 on: April 18, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »

Take the rest of the day off. When questioned about it, tell coteachers that the same students who informed you of your schedule change also told you to go home for the rest of the day.  :smiley:

This is brilliant.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5212 on: April 18, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »

Ik dacht dat je misschien zou willen weten dat in het Frans, de namen van talen en nationaliteiten geen hoofdletters nemen. Je boer!  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:23:38 AM by kyndo »

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5213 on: April 18, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »

This is brilliant.

If only I had such a brazen personality.
I guess it really got to me today because I had to carry my computer, book, whiteboards, markers, and erasers to the class farthest away from our teachers' room.

Thanks for the humor. :)

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5214 on: April 18, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »
I am ****** sick of dealing with the third world mentality wrt what is appropriate human temperature.

There are piles of peer reviewed studies showing that being too hot is far more damaging to human health than being too cold. In fact, being too cold is almost oxymoronic if you are not living in a third world shit hole.

I also have medical devices that are being turned off because they don't agree with the preconceived notion of acceptable temperature. Ditto the advice straight from two separate doctors.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5215 on: April 18, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »

Ik dacht dat je misschien zou willen weten dat in het Frans, de namen van talen en nationaliteiten geen hoofdletters nemen. Je boer!  :wink:

他妈的

Va te faire foutre par les grecs.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #5216 on: April 18, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »
I am ****** sick of dealing with the third world mentality wrt what is appropriate human temperature.

There are piles of peer reviewed studies showing that being too hot is far more damaging to human health than being too cold. In fact, being too cold is almost oxymoronic if you are not living in a third world shit hole.

I also have medical devices that are being turned off because they don't agree with the preconceived notion of acceptable temperature. Ditto the advice straight from two separate doctors.

Medical aside, even the old wives tale rings true. "Put on another sweater."

There's no advice for cooling down it seems, although seeing a few of my co-teachers in their bra and underwear wouldn't be the worst fate, I suppose.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5217 on: April 18, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »
Not only do I have a dumb mandatory culture trip that happens AFTER SCHOOL, but I just heard that me hell CT will be there. If she looks at me I'm buying a plane ticket home. I didn't sign up for chillin with her til 9pm when it's something she doesn't have to go to and I already have a CT going with me...

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5218 on: April 18, 2017, 11:51:08 AM »

Medical aside, even the old wives tale rings true. "Put on another sweater."

There's no advice for cooling down it seems, although seeing a few of my co-teachers in their bra and underwear wouldn't be the worst fate, I suppose.

Yeah, this isn't at work but I'm battling with my MIL to protect my son from overheating.... this kid spent 4 months with a tube stuck in his throat and she wants to cook him.

My wife is just meekly listening to her.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5219 on: April 18, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »
他妈的

Va te faire foutre par les grecs.
Ah! A new verb to add to my conjugalation lists!
Thanks!