December 12, 2017, 06:39:14 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 595654 times)

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5140 on: April 19, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 I think the teachers in this office think I am weird because I am sitting here laughing. "annie yo"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5141 on: April 19, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »

OMG I cannot stop laughing. There are literally tears.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #5142 on: April 19, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
Damn, I live for these Waygook roasts.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5143 on: April 19, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
You were pointed to a source, the World Health Organization.  Go learn something.

LOL @ "source", nice google bro.

Now go work 20yrs as a macro-analyst, then spend 1000 hours synthesizing all sources into a coherent theory, using a genius IQ.

8) BRAIN-GOOK 8)

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #5144 on: April 19, 2017, 08:10:45 PM »
You were pointed to a source, the World Health Organization.  Go learn something.

Now go work 20yrs as a macro-analyst, then spend 1000 hours synthesizing all sources into a coherent theory, using a genius IQ.

8) BRAIN-GOOK 8)

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5145 on: April 19, 2017, 09:25:51 PM »
isn't ptolemy the one who wanted a separate section of waygook created specifically for non-teachers because he just couldn't bear to associate with us?

i wish we had taken his request more seriously, then he could just go be annoying over there and not here

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5146 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:01 PM »
Why is the game battle ship so hard for Korean teachers to understand, yet if you remove the teacher from the room, and then explain it again to the kids the kids get it in under 2 minutes?

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5147 on: April 19, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »
isn't ptolemy the one who wanted a separate section of waygook created specifically for non-teachers because he just couldn't bear to associate with us?

i wish we had taken his request more seriously...

See! I tried to warn you.  :azn:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #5148 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:35 PM »
Why is the game battle ship so hard for Korean teachers to understand, yet if you remove the teacher from the room, and then explain it again to the kids the kids get it in under 2 minutes?

HOLY SHIT YES

"It is too hard, we do not have this game."

Well, I learned yutnori in 3 mins, so....................... The kids are brighter than you think.

I hate bomb games. So when I get told to use a bomb game INSTEAD of a cool new game, disheartening to say the least.

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5149 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
My Thursday CT is excellent at classroom management, yet she has one issue I can't stand and I'm anticipating for tomorrow, she doesn't like any kind of detour from the lesson or textbook, no matter how short.

Some of my new students at her school are dying to ask me certain questions like, 'Why do you speak English if you're from SA?' 'Are there cities in your country?' and 'Why aren't you black?'
It takes me 2 minutes to detour and explain the history of SA and shatter years of ignorance.
The 'ahas' I get from students at my other schools are oddly satisfying once they learn the truth.
No... My CT thinks memorizing 'I water the tree at 7 o'clock' is more important.
Apparently, she thinks teaching is testing what they already know instead of learning something new.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #5150 on: April 19, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
My Thursday CT is excellent at classroom management, yet she has one issue I can't stand and I'm anticipating for tomorrow, she doesn't like any kind of detour from the lesson or textbook, no matter how short.

Some of my new students at her school are dying to ask me certain questions like, 'Why do you speak English if you're from SA?' 'Are there cities in your country?' and 'Why aren't you black?'
It takes me 2 minutes to detour and explain the history of SA and shatter years of ignorance.
The 'ahas' I get from students at my other schools are oddly satisfying once they learn the truth.
No... My CT thinks memorizing 'I water the tree at 7 o'clock' is more important.
Apparently, she thinks teaching is testing what they already know instead of learning something new.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; we are not merely English teachers, we are cultural ambassadors. This country is so homogeneous, it's good for the kids to have some exposure to those that don't live the same way that they do.

To shut that down............ just................... irks me. This Korean co-teacher irked me.

Oops, wrong thread.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5151 on: April 20, 2017, 07:30:58 AM »

I think you just summed up the entire Korean education system right there.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5152 on: April 20, 2017, 07:31:38 AM »

Who did that, then?
8) BRAIN-GOOK 8)
Hmmm,  you can't even follow an attribution--not my source, not my googling, brainiak.

The "source" in question was "Health Expectancy Indicators" from the World Health Organization.  Obviously your 20 years + 1000 hours trumps their paltry experience ...

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5153 on: April 20, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
I was struggling at gym last night. Figured maybe I just hadn't hydrated enough during the day. Woke up at 2am feeling like I had been hit by a bus. Yes, I have a cold. My head hurts, I can barely breathe, my muscles feel like I was at gym for 4 hours. So today I will not be 100% and Simon says will be a little lackluster.

I wish as per someone else's advice I could just leave my cold at home and come to school 100%. Now I feel I may be having an emotional breakdown because I am not the teacher I should be. I am so immature. But I will persist and try with all my might to be the 100% perfect dancing English puppet, as this is what is expected of me.

In other news, I found Cadbury's chocolate at our little GS last night. It doesn't taste like the one from home. This made me sad.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #5154 on: April 20, 2017, 08:01:20 AM »
To anyone who thinks there's no sarcasm in Korean, you should come to my middle schools and listen to the way some of the kids do their 인사s in the morning.

It's whiny, nasal, window-shattering faux cutesy-ness and barely concealed disdain at obnoxious volume levels. But yeah, proper honorifics make it polite.  :rolleyes:
If that's not sarcasm I don't know what is.

;D :P ;D아ㅏㅏㅏㄴ영ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ하ㅏㅏ세ㅔㅔㅔㅔㅔ여ㅕㅕㅕㅕㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ  ;D  :P ;D

I'm not feeling it today.  :laugh:

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #5155 on: April 20, 2017, 09:45:08 AM »
I got cocky.

I went in before 1st period, needing to print out some stuff double-sided. I did a one-copy test to make sure I had it on the right settings, because I'm a responsible adult and don't like to waste paper.

OR SO I THOUGHT.

Cut to period 3, where I need to print off some more copies for my next class. "I already changed the setting so I'll just hurry up and print out the copies so I can go back to solitude." 10 pages of paper, wasted, because I didn't do my one-copy test to make sure no one changed the settings. I feel like I am single-handedly causing more rainforests to be cut down.

NEVER GET COCKY. NEVERRRRR.

Sidenote: Is this even the right use of "cocky"?

And I know I sound kinda comical and borderline sarcastic, but I really am disappointed in myself. ):
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:48:06 AM by scpru »

YoungMin

« Reply #5156 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »

In other news, I found Cadbury's chocolate at our little GS last night. It doesn't taste like the one from home. This made me sad.

I mentioned that on here a few weeks ago. It tastes like plastic mixed in with some oily chemicals. Absolutely rank. Wrapper was in Arabic and Korean I think it said it was made in Dubai.

I bought 9 bars of the stuff cos it was 2+1 and I hadn't seen it here before without the nuts. Ended up giving it to the kids to eat after the 1st bar.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #5157 on: April 20, 2017, 10:03:14 AM »
I got cocky.

I went in before 1st period, needing to print out some stuff double-sided. I did a one-copy test to make sure I had it on the right settings, because I'm a responsible adult and don't like to waste paper.

OR SO I THOUGHT.

Cut to period 3, where I need to print off some more copies for my next class. "I already changed the setting so I'll just hurry up and print out the copies so I can go back to solitude." 10 pages of paper, wasted, because I didn't do my one-copy test to make sure no one changed the settings. I feel like I am single-handedly causing more rainforests to be cut down.

NEVER GET COCKY. NEVERRRRR.

Sidenote: Is this even the right use of "cocky"?

And I know I sound kinda comical and borderline sarcastic, but I really am disappointed in myself. ):

This is the pettiest rant on this thread. hahaha.

I'm all for saving paper but it's an honest mistake. You release infinitely more CO2 when you go out for BBQ on a Friday night.

Don't beat yourself up.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5158 on: April 20, 2017, 10:20:05 AM »
The "source" in question was "Health Expectancy Indicators" from the World Health Organization.  Obviously your 20 years + 1000 hours trumps their paltry experience ...

The "World Health Org" are a bunch of idiots though.

That garbage is way below the level of analyses I perform. Also they are just a bunch of corporate-money corrupted drones. I glanced at that nonsense, and it was just "bla bla life expectancy whatever". Zero depth of analysis. I know what this crap will be before I even click the link, which I why I don't normally click links.

They would do better to look at the 5 metabolic syndrome markers, even something as simple as that is better than their nothing-burger "analysis".

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5159 on: April 20, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »
I glanced at that nonsense, and it was just "bla bla life expectancy whatever". Zero depth of analysis. I know what this crap will be before I even click the link, which I why I don't normally click links.

They would do better to look at the 5 metabolic syndrome markers, even something as simple as that is better than their nothing-burger "analysis".
May want to glance again, because the WHO does not include life expectancy in their calculations of 'health'.  :smiley:

The World Health Organization (WHO) defined health in its broader sense in its 1948 constitution as "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."