September 20, 2017, 12:38:37 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 481861 times)

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5020 on: April 05, 2017, 05:43:31 PM »
Dance practice next to my classroom. For the past hour now: "NONG NONG NONG NONG NONG ON MA DOE NONG NONG NONG NONG NONG ON MAH DOE" over and over and over and over and over. I'm losing my mind!

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #5021 on: April 05, 2017, 06:19:43 PM »
"Ah Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage."

Try some of these steps if you're still having issues with that error:

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/05/23/how-to-fix-google-chromes-aw-snap-error-message-when-loading-websites/

Thanks for the link, but still no luck

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5022 on: April 05, 2017, 06:49:38 PM »
Let me just boil down this whole argument:

Situation 1:
"Hey you're pretty cool, wanna come back to mine?"

"No, I'm not interested like that."

*Man walks away.*

Conversely, "Yes, that sounds great. Let's go to your place." Two consenting adults and all that...

There is nothing wrong with this interaction. The man isn't a scuzz, or a loser.

Situation 2:
"Hey wanna get sum fuk?"

This is wrong. If men have approached you like this, I understand your anger, that's not what I was saying I understand about.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5023 on: April 05, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »
Ok so I am actually looking for some guidance and clarity. I have a school that is insisting that they need my stamp. I have advised that I dont have a stamp, and I have been told that I must get one., because everyone has a stamp and that my signature just isn't enough. I have been here 3 years and this is a first for me. But before I argue, I just want to know if there is something I am missing, perhaps I truly am being the ignorant foreigner.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5024 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:15 PM »
Ok so I am actually looking for some guidance and clarity. I have a school that is insisting that they need my stamp. I have advised that I dont have a stamp, and I have been told that I must get one., because everyone has a stamp and that my signature just isn't enough. I have been here 3 years and this is a first for me. But before I argue, I just want to know if there is something I am missing, perhaps I truly am being the ignorant foreigner.
That is pretty funny.

20+ years ago, I was told I needed one.  It's nonsense.

Because I used it then, the bank still requires the same stamp today...

Don't don't do it.

Offline StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5025 on: April 05, 2017, 08:49:34 PM »

You can stick your thumb in the ink and use your fingerprint instead.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5026 on: April 06, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »

This is accurate. I did this years ago when signing my first housing contract.

Or you could just go buy a stamp. They're like 5,000-20,000 won. They're dirt cheap.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #5027 on: April 06, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »

Or you could just go buy a stamp. They're like 5,000-20,000 won. They're dirt cheap.

I asked to use my stamp and they said no. hahahaa
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #5028 on: April 06, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »
My anxiety is so bad today I wasn't able to plan the second half of my elementary 3/4 double-lesson.

Getting real sick of this shit.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5029 on: April 06, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »

You see this confuses me, it's a dirt cheap stamp that anyone can get and I assume replicate, so how is this more official than my scrawl signature which cannot be replicated unless you are a skilled forger?

I'm gonna listen to Pecan here and just not get one.  Thanks everyone.

On a side note though - if they are that cheap I might get a bunch made up as gifts for when I go home.
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5030 on: April 06, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »
My anxiety is so bad today I wasn't able to plan the second half of my elementary 3/4 double-lesson.

I am so sorry to hear this. I can relate.
-A.A. Milne

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5031 on: April 06, 2017, 11:26:13 AM »
I now understand the trope of the annoying gf who always says fine when she is actually angry or irritated about something. My bf is doing that now.  :evil: :cry:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5032 on: April 06, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »

You see this confuses me, it's a dirt cheap stamp that anyone can get and I assume replicate, so how is this more official than my scrawl signature which cannot be replicated unless you are a skilled forger?

On a side note though - if they are that cheap I might get a bunch made up as gifts for when I go home.

Take a gander at some of the nicer ones if you feel like splurging on a fancy one for yourself or someone!  When my brother studied abroad in Korea he brought me back a nice carved one that's pretty cool.  It did cost like 30 or 40 man won but I was the only one he got one for, hahah. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5033 on: April 06, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »

Take a gander at some of the nicer ones if you feel like splurging on a fancy one for yourself or someone!  When my brother studied abroad in Korea he brought me back a nice carved one that's pretty cool.  It did cost like 30 or 40 man won but I was the only one he got one for, hahah.
I've been wanting to get one of those for a while now, but never seriously looked into it and I only saw them at Insadong.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5034 on: April 06, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
I think he had to place an order and pick it up a few days later, if I recall correctly.  It was some time ago!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5035 on: April 06, 2017, 11:42:43 AM »
I think he had to place an order and pick it up a few days later, if I recall correctly.  It was some time ago!
I have a sizable coupan at 11st, I should look and see if they have them there~

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #5036 on: April 06, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

I can fly to Tokyo for that much.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5037 on: April 06, 2017, 11:48:41 AM »

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

I can fly to Tokyo for that much.

Lol, my bad.  I was thinking in dollars then for some reason threw in man won.  Strike the zeroes!

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5038 on: April 06, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »

Beware. I spent 70'000won on a nice one hand carved out of stone and local city hall would not accept it because English names on a dojang must be printed in a specific font for certain documents. I had to get an uglier, cheaper one printed in all capital letters in some generic PC font deemed acceptable.

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #5039 on: April 06, 2017, 11:56:54 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this. I can relate.

Thanks, I just wish I was in a location where I'd be better equipped to deal with it. The little stresses add up fast.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:03:28 PM by gprinziv »

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment