December 17, 2017, 02:39:13 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 601162 times)

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5000 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:15 PM »
now the weather is making me just want a big pot of hot ramen.

Ramen is terrible for health. I'd avoid completely if I were you.

Are you basedcowboy in disguise? Lol

You could also try putting cheese in your ramen.  Personally I think it's weird but I've known some 'muricans who fly like that.

They sell cheese ramen at some of the 분식 places too, it's not an American thing and actually pretty normal. You can also buy cheese ramen at the store...

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #5001 on: April 17, 2017, 01:59:59 PM »
Life Improvement has hacked basedcowboy's account.

Basedcowboy has hacked Life Improvement's account.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5002 on: April 17, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »
Life Improvement has hacked basedcowboy's account.

Basedcowboy has hacked Life Improvement's account.
The interwebs is not ready for #BasedLifeCowboyImprovementShirt.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #5003 on: April 17, 2017, 02:32:50 PM »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5004 on: April 17, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »

You could also try putting cheese in your ramen.  Personally I think it's weird but I've known some 'muricans who fly like that.

They sell cheese ramen at some of the 분식 places too, it's not an American thing and actually pretty normal. You can also buy cheese ramen at the store...

I've never seen cheese ramen at the store but I don't doubt it's a thing.  Though I do wonder how long it's been around.  My only experience has been seeing people put shredded cheese on top o' their ramen back home.  Back home people put cheese on e'erything.

Something about prepackaged cheese ramen sounds ultimately unappetizing. 

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5005 on: April 17, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »

I've never seen cheese ramen at the store but I don't doubt it's a thing.  Though I do wonder how long it's been around.  My only experience has been seeing people put shredded cheese on top o' their ramen back home.  Back home people put cheese on e'erything.

Something about prepackaged cheese ramen sounds ultimately unappetizing.
]

Home Plus in my town has cheese ramen. Cheese plus noodle isn't the worst combo ever tho *cough* macncheese *cough*

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5006 on: April 17, 2017, 02:51:23 PM »
Hold up.  I've been imagining kimchi ramen with cheese (which I think would be gross). 

What kind of broth are we talking?  I could see cheesy ramen with like beef or chicken broth base, but not kimchi broth.  Blurk 

Also, hell yeah throw in green onions and egg into ramen.  Also, minced garlic~

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5007 on: April 17, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
Are the packaged ones with the ramen spicy broth too? I've never had it, only seen the package and it looks like it's not spicy.

I'm cheeseist tho and prefer western cheese and western fake powder cheese impostor to Korean sweet cheesy powder abominations. I can deal with cheese chunks in kimbap place "cheese ramen" but I thought it was just cheesy for the packaged ones.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5008 on: April 17, 2017, 03:04:00 PM »
It's kinda weird that you haven't seen it, yirj17. Maybe I just pay more attention to the ramen section than most and I'm projecting.  :laugh:

At restaurants:

In stores:

Perfectly commonplace. Definitely not just an American thing. I've seen it far more here than I ever did back home.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5009 on: April 17, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »
Are the packaged ones with the ramen spicy broth too? I've never had it, only seen the package and it looks like it's not spicy.

I'm cheeseist tho and prefer western cheese and western fake powder cheese impostor to Korean sweet cheesy powder abominations. I can deal with cheese chunks in kimbap place "cheese ramen" but I thought it was just cheesy for the packaged ones.

As far as the packaged stuff, I've seen some that just come with powdered cheese for flavoring, and I've seen some that come with both cheese and pepper powders, so you can make it spicy if you want, or leave it out if you'd prefer.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5010 on: April 17, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »

As far as the packaged stuff, I've seen some that just come with powdered cheese for flavoring, and I've seen some that come with both cheese and pepper powders, so you can make it spicy if you want, or leave it out if you'd prefer.

Yeeeeeah I'll stick with my Kraft Dinner for when I need the gentle caress of powdered cheese.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5011 on: April 17, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »
My friend taught me about the melty cheese slices on ramen and while it doesn't make a crazy good cheese taste, I like the extra little creaminess. And since it's only one slice of cheese, it cna't really be THAT many calories.

As for the packaged cheese ramens, I have seen those, but never tried them because they intimidate me.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5012 on: April 17, 2017, 03:13:34 PM »
Who needs cheese when you can just dump in like 4 eggs to thicken it up :)

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5013 on: April 17, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »
I've tried...  more than I'm comfortable admitting.  :laugh:

I don't mind spicy stuff, but it gives me some wicked heartburn these days, so one of my life quests is to find any and all decent non-spicy flavors of ramen. It just so happens that many of them are faux-cheese flavored.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5014 on: April 17, 2017, 03:15:11 PM »
I also add an egg in, haha. Ohh, I'm so hungry now!! I'm off to go find food.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5015 on: April 17, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »

Yeeeeeah I'll stick with my Kraft Dinner for when I need the gentle caress of powdered cheese.

Same. *sings Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2 U*

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5016 on: April 17, 2017, 03:18:56 PM »
I also add an egg in, haha. Ohh, I'm so hungry now!! I'm off to go find food.

lol "an" egg.

If it's not a massive pot-shaped wad of egg that happens to have ramen cooked into it, you need to add more egg.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5017 on: April 17, 2017, 03:19:59 PM »

You guys can find Kraft mac and cheese here? When did that start happening?

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #5018 on: April 17, 2017, 03:21:29 PM »
Ramen is awesome. It's kind of unhealthy, but that's no reason to avoid it completely. There's nothing wrong with ramen in moderation.

See, I think there is. I personally haven't allowed a single bite to enter my body in years. I used to be overweight myself; it took me a while to figure out what I was eating had a lot to do with that. And it's not just about being fatter or slimmer- ramen has loads of salt and chemicals. Really gross. But people can do what they want- it's their life. Hopefully my words "ramen is unhealthy" aren't offensive to the point they cause more hurt than the benefit the advice could bring. I've just noticed those who assert there's nothing wrong with junk food in moderation tend to be overweight...while those who avoid it completely tend to be in great shape. I've never met a hefty person who eats clean. Have you? Something to think about anyways. The junk food industry lobby pushes the all things in moderation / this sugary cereal can be part of a complete breakfast line a lot and it's really misleading in my opinion. I guess I'm a bit on the politically incorrect side now; sorry.  :-[ I'm just trying to wish y'all a based life.

I've gained like 8kg
I have a few extra kilos

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5019 on: April 17, 2017, 03:24:20 PM »

You guys can find Kraft mac and cheese here? When did that start happening?

Started on April fools day at costco. I didn't believe it but when I went in last week to buy a torso-sized bag of chips they actually have them. It's like 11,000won for a 7 pack. I uno about the other costcos but the Daejon one had them near the breakfast things instead of with the rest of the pasta.