October 20, 2017, 01:30:30 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 523402 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4860 on: April 03, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
Teachers in the US have been reprimanded or even fired/forced to resign over photos on social media of them with alcohol. 

Can you imagine if teachers in Korea were fired for getting caught drinking?  There'd be hardly any teachers left. 

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4861 on: April 03, 2017, 12:50:17 PM »
Just thinking about it a bit more...

Teachers shouldn't be shamed for doing things that every adult does (sex, drinking alcohol etc).

But on the other hand I wouldn't want people to know that I "texted this 10/10 Korean girl that I met years ago and told her that I would love to take her to a love motel and have some fun with her".  That reflects badly on you if you are a teacher I suppose.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4862 on: April 03, 2017, 12:58:35 PM »

Teachers shouldn't be shamed for doing things that every adult does (sex, drinking alcohol etc).

But on the other hand I wouldn't want people to know that I "texted this 10/10 Korean girl that I met years ago and told her that I would love to take her to a love motel and have some fun with her".  That reflects badly on you if you are a teacher I suppose.

Basically.  But this forum can be an outlet with anonymity and I think CO2 was just being detailed in ranting to make a point.  I doubt he's telling people in real life.  Most all of us have done stupid stuff in our lives that we'd rather not make public. 

EDIT:  While I would hate to be the recipient of such a message, I can also sympathize with the frustration of "you are a teacher so you must be pious and perfect" attitude. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:01:24 PM by yirj17 »

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4863 on: April 03, 2017, 01:07:09 PM »

Basically.  But this forum can be an outlet with anonymity and I think CO2 was just being detailed in ranting to make a point.  I doubt he's telling people in real life.  Most all of us have done stupid stuff in our lives that we'd rather not make public. 

EDIT:  While I would hate to be the recipient of such a message, I can also sympathize with the frustration of "you are a teacher so you must be pious and perfect" attitude.

Oh yea I agree with you, I'm sure he isn't.  CO2, are you?!  :P

I can understand that girl's reaction because it probably is a little shocking to hear that from a teacher but I completely understand the rant about us having to be nuns and monks generally in the eyes of Koreans.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4864 on: April 03, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »
I completely understand the rant about us having to be nuns and monks generally in the eyes of Koreans.
Exaggerating for argument's sake?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4865 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »
I completely understand the rant about us having to be nuns and monks generally in the eyes of Koreans.
Exaggerating for argument's sake?

I slipped in the word 'generally' because I know "not all Koreans think..."

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4866 on: April 03, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
EDIT:  While I would hate to be the recipient of such a message,

Even if it was from someone you wanted to have sex with?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4867 on: April 03, 2017, 02:19:01 PM »

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
- Wayne Gretzky

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4868 on: April 03, 2017, 02:21:10 PM »
Rant one for the day: I hate it when people on here are talking about things Koreans have said and they will put an accent on....if that's the right way to describe it. Like: Teacher you like the kimchi? So spicy!

I mean, i've probably done it in the past myself but I regret it if I have. It's just not very nice. We all know what Koreans speaking English sound like.

Rant two: Eggieguffer. Everytime I see your username I feel a little bit sick. It's grim  :laugh: :cry:  ;D :laugh:

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4869 on: April 03, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
Rant two: Eggieguffer. Everytime I see your username I feel a little bit sick. It's grim  :laugh: :cry:  ;D :laugh:

Oh dear, did I hurt your ickle feelings?  :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4870 on: April 03, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »

YES. A mere text message?? How crude! I require a handwritten letter imbued with perfume and delivered by courier.  Proper courtship, thanks!  :afro:

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4871 on: April 03, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »

YES. A mere text message?? How crude! I require a handwritten letter imbued with perfume and delivered by courier.  Proper courtship, thanks!  :afro:

Fair do's

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4872 on: April 03, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
In all honesty though, a text message propositioning sex would be a major turn off. 

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4873 on: April 03, 2017, 03:10:36 PM »
So you want a handwritten letter delivered by a courier late Friday night? Do such services exist?

Friday night I had a bit too much beer. I texted this 10/10 Korean girl that I met years ago and told her that I would love to take her to a love motel and have some fun with her.
You can get everything delivered in Korea!

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4874 on: April 03, 2017, 03:28:05 PM »
In all honesty though, a text message propositioning sex would be a major turn off.

Exactly. Unless I'm already in a serious and sexually active relationship with the person in question, a text message asking for sex would completely kill any desire I might have had.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4875 on: April 03, 2017, 03:50:41 PM »

Especially if there was no previous suggestions of it AND I had a boyfriend... Yikes!

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4876 on: April 03, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »
If someone is really a pervert or  blatantly just a bad person, I can see being like "dude we brought you over here to teach our children and you can't even handle yourself like a decent human being" but it does kind of seem to be a catch-all insult.

For example, one time, some random Korean guy told me I "shouldn't be teaching children" because I told him I was not interested in dating him due to his racial ignorance  :laugh:

He told me a joke, I asked him to clarify it, the butt of the joke was a racial stereotype, I told him I was no longer interested, and cue this long stream of insults about me as a person and my qualifications for teaching children. He was obviously nuts and I dodged a  bullet but still, me teaching children? The horror! What a complete idiot.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4877 on: April 03, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »
When I mom first heard I wanted to come teach in Korea she laughed and was like "YOU're gunna teach kids...?" But that's cuz she knows what a jerkbag student I was up until university. She had a point tho but w.e...

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4878 on: April 03, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »
I think, really, most of this comes down to the amount of good judgment that a person has, and a lot of people don't like the idea of someone who apparently has bad judgment teaching kids. We're all adults here, and most normal people don't expect adults to be prudish saints. But at the same time, there's a minimum amount of appropriate conduct that's also expected of what most people would label a responsible adult because irresponsible decision-making can often bleed into other areas of life. And people are hyper-sensitive when kids are involved.

This is at the heart of a lot of the mud-slinging.

So, yeah, there's nothing wrong with having a sex drive. It's how you go about feeding that sex drive that might raise a few eyebrows. It's all about how you play the game.

But at the same time, a lot of people just use the association as a cheap shot that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in the way that it's being used. Like with sevenpm's example.

Either way, it's a learning experience. You learn, you move on.

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4879 on: April 03, 2017, 04:08:28 PM »
Especially if there was no previous suggestions of it AND I had a boyfriend... Yikes!

Fair enough about the first part but how much action do you reckon a guy would get if he never hit on a girl who said she had a boyfriend?

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment