October 20, 2017, 01:36:01 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 523418 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4820 on: March 30, 2017, 05:12:44 PM »
I am having an annoyed day. I think I am ill. I don't feel sick, I just have a raging fever and the chills and am super exhausted. So all the small things seem huge. Little spawn of satan in grade 3 didn't even get a chance to give me shit, on the level he normally does, today. He looked at me funny and I made him sit at the back of the class. Alone. Lunch was awesome for a change, so the lunch ladies decided to give me grade 2 size portions for some unknown reason and I am salty about that. AND if one more person leaves the goddamn door open I am going to burst into flames of anger.

I know this is all me. Truly no one is really doing anything that would normally annoy me. it's me. Today it's everything. Like why is my CT breathing. Stop with the breathing!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh man I've had days like that. Where nothing TRULY bad has happened but everything just builds up and then, somehow, you find yourself annoyed that you're annoyed.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4821 on: March 30, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »
I am having an annoyed day. I think I am ill. I don't feel sick, I just have a raging fever and the chills and am super exhausted. So all the small things seem huge. Little spawn of satan in grade 3 didn't even get a chance to give me shit, on the level he normally does, today. He looked at me funny and I made him sit at the back of the class. Alone. Lunch was awesome for a change, so the lunch ladies decided to give me grade 2 size portions for some unknown reason and I am salty about that. AND if one more person leaves the goddamn door open I am going to burst into flames of anger.

I know this is all me. Truly no one is really doing anything that would normally annoy me. it's me. Today it's everything. Like why is my CT breathing. Stop with the breathing!!!

Oh man I've had days like that. Where nothing TRULY bad has happened but everything just builds up and then, somehow, you find yourself annoyed that you're annoyed.

Yes! That's it. I'm annoyed that I am annoyed. It's awful. Worse, I took it out on my after school class and made them do a worksheet instead of a game. Then felt bad and let them watch BTS music videos. I need my bed and a whisky.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4822 on: March 30, 2017, 06:38:22 PM »
Also, I just grabbed one of those coffee stick things, that I never use, but I saw that the package said it had honey and not sugar, so hey let's try it. DON'T, Just walk away man. Walk.Away.

Tastes like dirt. Quite literally.

I understand that that sucked for you.............

But that's hilarious.

:laugh: Well at least I made someone smile today!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4823 on: March 30, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »

It's also really annoying when you've got something really important in real life happening that needs your attention urgently, but you're stuck in class and can't deal with it in a timely fashion.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4824 on: March 30, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »
I need my bed and a whisky.

This is also my go-to solution.

Offline hiragardless

• Waygookin
« Reply #4825 on: March 31, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
So today, as I was walking into school, I saw one of the teachers at my school leaving to go somewhere. I decided to greet him and say 안녕하세요! But after I greeted him he went, "Aish!" and then turned his umbrella the other way. I've always suspected that he disliked me but it was just a really sucky way to start the morning. I can't speak Korean so maybe this is why he's so against me. But it really bothers me because I've done nothing to him. It's just been kind of a crappy week in general, and one that makes me really question what I'm even doing here.

Offline klx001

• Adventurer
  • what is life.
« Reply #4826 on: March 31, 2017, 10:46:12 AM »
So today, as I was walking into school, I saw one of the teachers at my school leaving to go somewhere. I decided to greet him and say 안녕하세요! But after I greeted him he went, "Aish!" and then turned his umbrella the other way. I've always suspected that he disliked me but it was just a really sucky way to start the morning. I can't speak Korean so maybe this is why he's so against me. But it really bothers me because I've done nothing to him. It's just been kind of a crappy week in general, and one that makes me really question what I'm even doing here.

ignore the haters. some will dislike you for no legit reason. granted, it is very rude and he would probably not respond that way to a korean. but just continue to be your polite self... or don't talk to/greet him if you feel like being petty lol. as dory puts it "just keep swimming!"
idk tho.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4827 on: March 31, 2017, 10:47:06 AM »
Wow. What a rude prick. **** that guy.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4828 on: March 31, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »

That's really unprofessional on his part. Don't let it get to you, some people aren't worth your concern.

If you keep annoying him by greeting him politely eventually someone will see his behavior and you'll be seen as the more professional one.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4829 on: March 31, 2017, 11:13:24 AM »

That's really unprofessional on his part. Don't let it get to you, some people aren't worth your concern.

If you keep annoying him by greeting him politely eventually someone will see his behavior and you'll be seen as the more professional one.

Lol I would totally go the annoying route and make a habit of greeting him politely, especially if there are witnesses. 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4830 on: March 31, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »
Just got strong-armed into doing something that I don't want to do.

I was able to negotiate a bit and get a little something in return, so it's not a lose-lose situation.

Still pisses me off that I can't just simply say "no" without it turning into a big deal here, though.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4831 on: March 31, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »
Just got strong-armed into doing something that I don't want to do.

I was able to negotiate a bit and get a little something in return, so it's not a lose-lose situation.

Still pisses me off that I can't just simply say "no" without it turning into a big deal here, though.

Boo. That used to happen to me all the time at my old school. Thankfully that rarely happens now. But yeah. Miserable.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4832 on: March 31, 2017, 03:11:25 PM »

It's also really annoying when you've got something really important in real life happening that needs your attention urgently, but you're stuck in class and can't deal with it in a timely fashion.

Haha, I love the distinction between "real life" and teaching.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4833 on: March 31, 2017, 03:37:08 PM »
last year my desk was in the english room and it was sweet and i had my own kettle and everything.

this year office got moved to the teachers' office. i seem to be the ONLY one in the whole office that ever re-fills the water in the kettle. and when i do, and put it on to boil to make tea or coffee, as soon as it's finished boiling a bunch of teachers rush to it and swarm around it flies to make themselves coffee.

and then when they're done there's usually no damn water left for me to make coffee!  >:(

urgh! i used to sit at my desk while waiting for it to boil, now i have to stand there and watch it like a hawk to fend off any teachers who try to get to it before i do.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4834 on: March 31, 2017, 03:42:16 PM »
Oh fudge, I think there may actually be teacher workshop today.  I have no idea who or how many teachers are showing up, just that workshop may happen and that everyone will most certainly be of varying levels of English ability. 

I guess I should prep some ice breaker questions or some such.  Argh

Offline Noobie

• Waygookin
  • I'll go if I don't have to talk.
« Reply #4835 on: March 31, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »
My vp drags his feet when he walks making really loud clunk noises every time his foot catches up with the other...You can hear him from a mile away.....horror
The past & future are only a play of thoughts -Nietzsche

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4836 on: March 31, 2017, 04:36:42 PM »

Wow what a dick. People act so openly hostile towards the native teachers they don't like here. It's messed up.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #4837 on: March 31, 2017, 05:07:49 PM »

Haha, I love the distinction between "real life" and teaching.

I use this distinction as well. Coping mechanism.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #4838 on: March 31, 2017, 05:23:46 PM »
My school has an afterschool weightlifting class. It goes on in the stage area of the cafeteria (I don't understand why), which happens to be directly below my office. Today they are doing deadlifts/clean and jerks. How do I know? Because everytime they drop the weights, my whole office shakes. 

One more hour and I'm outta here!

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4839 on: March 31, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »
My school has an afterschool weightlifting class. It goes on in the stage area of the cafeteria (I don't understand why), which happens to be directly below my office. Today they are doing deadlifts/clean and jerks. How do I know? Because everytime they drop the weights, my whole office shakes. 

One more hour and I'm outta here!

It's BELOW your office and you can feel it? Yikes.
Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment