October 17, 2017, 04:47:34 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 518838 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4540 on: March 16, 2017, 06:10:46 PM »
That's why I didn't bother them because I thought I'd get it with March's pay check but then my friends were talking about how they got their bonus and I was like WTF!? So I contacted the coordinator about it then. My last school assumed my new school board would have to pay it which is what I thought too.

Since EPIK teachers get paid on March 25th, I take it that you are not EPIK?
If so, your contract might be a bit different, but ours is very explicit about having our renewal bonus given to us in our first pay-cheque:
Article 10 (Renewal) Clause 3: The Employer (POE/MOE) shall provide the Employee with 1,300,00 Korean won ***which shall be paid within one month of the beginning of the new Term of Employment***...

But if your coordinator said that they sent the moolah to your old school, then it sounds like somebody there isn't doing their job properly and that you might benefit from stopping by and waving your contract around a bit. See if you can get your coordinator to confirm that the money has been sent and get a copy of that in writing. If the school didn't receive it, have them put that down in writing, and send it to your coordinator (who will pass it along to the POE/MOE).

I would recommend getting the POE/MOE involved before the Labour Board.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4541 on: March 16, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
That's why I didn't bother them because I thought I'd get it with March's pay check but then my friends were talking about how they got their bonus and I was like WTF!? So I contacted the coordinator about it then. My last school assumed my new school board would have to pay it which is what I thought too.

Since EPIK teachers get paid on March 25th, I take it that you are not EPIK?
If so, your contract might be a bit different, but ours is very explicit about having our renewal bonus given to us in our first pay-cheque:
Article 10 (Renewal) Clause 3: The Employer (POE/MOE) shall provide the Employee with 1,300,00 Korean won ***which shall be paid within one month of the beginning of the new Term of Employment***...

But if your coordinator said that they sent the moolah to your old school, then it sounds like somebody there isn't doing their job properly and that you might benefit from stopping by and waving your contract around a bit. See if you can get your coordinator to confirm that the money has been sent and get a copy of that in writing. If the school didn't receive it, have them put that down in writing, and send it to your coordinator (who will pass it along to the POE/MOE).

I would recommend getting the POE/MOE involved before the Labour Board.

Yeah I am EPIK but everyone I know who renewed in the province got their pay with their Feb pay. They were also all staying in the same cities tho and were paid by school boards not just one school. I've been texting the accountant from my old school about it and I know it's weird for that school cuz they do all the payments for the NET whereas every other school doesn't worry about it and they have someone at the school board who knows what's going on. I think I'm being too nice about it because I still talk to the accountant and my old CT. They're super nice and helped me move to my new city and everything so I don't think it's something they'redoing purposely but I kindda want my monies XD

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #4542 on: March 16, 2017, 06:35:27 PM »
I'm sorry about all your nosey coworkers. I made a lot of silly mistakes early on. After the first year I decided that they would know as little as possible.

Now no one knows my living situation, my address, my vacations, my likes and dislikes, etc, etc.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #4543 on: March 16, 2017, 06:38:53 PM »
Please don't explain American culture to me, Mr. Same Guy that Insulted My Parents. You said you've never been. You said you've only seen it on TV. Meanwhile I've lived there for all but one year of my life (this year in Korea), and I'm in contact with real Americans, not random Facebook scammers*, every day.

It's decided. This man needs to be a less frequent presence in my life. Time to grow distant slow enough that it's not immediately obvious that I don't like him.

*He keeps telling me about how the foreign women he talks to on Facebook all end up being scammers, idk.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:40:47 PM by scpru »

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4544 on: March 17, 2017, 11:11:28 AM »
If anyone had told me all the teachers would be introducing themselves to the parents today in a big assembly I obviously wouldn't have dressed like it's a regular dress-down Friday.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4545 on: March 17, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
If anyone had told me all the teachers would be introducing themselves to the parents today in a big assembly I obviously wouldn't have dressed like it's a regular dress-down Friday.
I didn't do laundry one day so I wore my Sinsa-dong tailored suit to school. It was a coincidence that it was "Take a professional photo of the teachers together and separately day."

My Co-T didn't tell me and then was surprised that I knew somehow. 
Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4546 on: March 17, 2017, 11:49:59 AM »
I didn't do laundry one day so I wore my Sinsa-dong tailored suit to school. It was a coincidence that it was "Take a professional photo of the teachers together and separately day."

My Co-T didn't tell me and then was surprised that I knew somehow.
It probably wasn't malicious, but that sounds so sneaky.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4547 on: March 17, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »

Sprint home and change.
By the time you get back, you'll look dapper and the pump from your sprint should still
be there ;D

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4548 on: March 17, 2017, 12:00:12 PM »
I never get notified of picture-anything day, either, and they always seem to surprise me on days where I've been up for,like, 48 hours straight and didn't bother to put on any makeup.

This is why I now keep an emergency makeup kit in my desk.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4549 on: March 17, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »
I never get notified of picture-anything day, either, and they always seem to surprise me on days where I've been up for,like, 48 hours straight and didn't bother to put on any makeup.

This is why I now keep an emergency makeup kit in my desk.
Haha, last year I had to have shoulder surgery. In between my accident and the surgery, I was (understandably, I think) looking pretty rough around the edges. I could barely dress myself and tie shoes, much less put on makeup. Of course, that was when they scheduled the picture day.

When the pictures came back, they had photo-shopped it so much, I didn't even look like the same person.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4550 on: March 17, 2017, 12:27:19 PM »
Haha, last year I had to have shoulder surgery. In between my accident and the surgery, I was (understandably, I think) looking pretty rough around the edges. I could barely dress myself and tie shoes, much less put on makeup. Of course, that was when they scheduled the picture day.

When the pictures came back, they had photo-shopped it so much, I didn't even look like the same person.

LMAO

I think the best they know how to do in my school is to turn you into a ghost. It's you if you were ethereally transparent.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4551 on: March 17, 2017, 12:31:28 PM »

LMAO

I think the best they know how to do in my school is to turn you into a ghost. It's you if you were ethereally transparent.

Yikes, makes me wonder what I looked like in last year's pictures.  I never saw them :S

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4552 on: March 17, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »
LMAO

Some kids have two dads, some have two moms. And legend has it....... some even have trans-parent.
Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4553 on: March 17, 2017, 12:41:52 PM »

LMAO

Haha, I think I may have preferred that. The worst was the elongating of my neck.

@CO2  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4554 on: March 17, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
That moment you delete your entire mp3 collection while trying to rename all the unknown titles. 

#mp3tag -read the instructions before use. Otherwise pretty good.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge!!  :sad:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4555 on: March 17, 2017, 02:55:56 PM »
That moment you delete your entire mp3 collection while trying to rename all the unknown titles. 

I had a dream that my mom deleted everything off my ipod once and I was mad for like 3 days. I can't imagine actually losing all yous mp3s :C I'll have a moment of silence for your loss :C

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4556 on: March 17, 2017, 03:07:58 PM »

I had a dream that my mom deleted everything off my ipod once and I was mad for like 3 days. I can't imagine actually losing all yous mp3s :C I'll have a moment of silence for your loss :C
Luckily it wasn't too much, maybe 4 gbs. I'm half way to restoring it now and finding some new music to go along. Maybe it was a good thing.

Side note: Is there a secret when playing songs on shuffle to not hear all the same songs everytime?? Is it just me?

Happy Friday!

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4557 on: March 17, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4558 on: March 17, 2017, 03:47:55 PM »
This is crazy:

http://aqicn.org/map/#@g/36.7378/130.0781/7z

Getting worse in 'Murica, too:

http://aqicn.org/map/northamerica/#@g/31.5688/-107.2266/3z
It's been getting worse all week here. I was going to walk around Hwaseong Fortress on Sunday, but if the smog doesn't clear then forget it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4559 on: March 17, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »
My after school class starts on Monday and I haven't prepared anything, I'm not super organized so I'm more angry at myself for not thinking about it sooner.

Let's make name cards and play pass the ball for 2 hours ~~ Yay!

I've never had after school with 3-4th grades before so I really have no idea.

For those of you who know WaitButWhy http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html I'm deep deep in that dark playground and the panic monster is yet to show up.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment