October 19, 2017, 03:32:54 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521469 times)

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4420 on: March 07, 2017, 04:55:59 PM »
Noooooo! My best school, my favourite teacher....all changed!  My first year at my 3rd school, elementary school, was really tough as I came in from teaching high school and had a hard time with kids. During the 2nd year here I was blessed with an amazing co-teacher and we developed the best dynamic and everything worked out so well. The kids enjoyed it and learned really well and the class was also enjoyable for us. Well this year he is now the 3rd grade HR teacher so Ill now only see him briefly and this new teacher I have is boring, the way she has split the responsibility of the content is weird and she wasn't even going to teach the textbook when she wasn't here. I only come here 1 day a week which means they would never finish the book. THIS IS NOT GOOD. I have enough stress and anxiety going on without having to worry about the one thing I didn't have to worry about.  :huh: :cry:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4421 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:59 PM »
Admin office is claiming I need to get a health checkup again and that it's compulsory every other year.

I already took one last year.  Unless I get an official letter from NHIS again, they can forget it. 

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #4422 on: March 08, 2017, 10:05:39 AM »
Admin office is claiming I need to get a health checkup again and that it's compulsory every other year.

I already took one last year.  Unless I get an official letter from NHIS again, they can forget it.
I got one too but they asked me for extra stuff...like a breast cancer exam...what does that have to do with teaching? I stuffed the paper away in my desk.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4423 on: March 08, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »

I got one too but they asked me for extra stuff...like a breast cancer exam...what does that have to do with teaching? I stuffed the paper away in my desk.

My coT was saying something about how they're "very interested in health." Really.  They seem doubly interested in the foreigner's health than in their own citizens.

I think I'll take a cue from you and just lose the paper if another gets sent.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4424 on: March 08, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »

My coT was saying something about how they're "very interested in health." Really.  They seem doubly interested in the foreigner's health than in their own citizens.

It is in insurance companies who want this.

Things caught early are less costly for them.

Nothing nefarious going on.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4425 on: March 08, 2017, 11:57:32 AM »
It's a misunderstanding.

They wanted the same thing from me last semester, as the school will get negative points if you don't, but it is not required.

Ignore and carry on...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4426 on: March 08, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »

Last year I received an official letter from the insurance company.  This time there is no letter, just the admin. office claiming they need it done.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4427 on: March 08, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »
I'm not annoyed at the actual health checkup and if I could get it done at the local hospital then I'd be all for it.  But it has to be done at a major hospital 2 hours away and on a Saturday since my school doesn't consider it a business trip nor medical leave.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4428 on: March 08, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »

Right, I got the NHIC letter letting me know I can go to the doctors anytime this year for a stomach cancer scan.  Seems for some target age groups they are trying to catch things early.  The breast cancer scan thing is interesting as there is a lower incidence for Korean women living in Korea than if they were to move to Canada where their chances of getting breast cancer increases. 

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4429 on: March 08, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »
So today is international women's day apparently, just got a message from the POE saying how today the male employees are honoring the female employees with bunches of flowers.

I mean, that's nice, it's nice to get flowers but it just seems so not the point.  :blank:

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #4430 on: March 08, 2017, 01:42:02 PM »
If a group needs a made up Hallmark-holiday to get attention, their cause isn't worth paying attention to.

If I'm not missing work or getting free crap because of it, I don't care.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4431 on: March 08, 2017, 01:49:18 PM »
If a group needs a made up Hallmark-holiday to get attention, their cause isn't worth paying attention to.

I bet you're one of those "why isn't there a white history month" folks, too.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4432 on: March 08, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »

That's a leap. And I'll bet you're one of those people who think if you're a straight, white male, anytime you open your mouth it's mansplaining, and that we ruin everything.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4433 on: March 08, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »

That's a leap. And I'll bet you're one of those people who think if you're a straight, white male, anytime you open your mouth it's mansplaining, and that we ruin everything.

Here's a bucket for all of your fragile male tears.

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4434 on: March 08, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
So today is international women's day apparently, just got a message from the POE saying how today the male employees are honoring the female employees with bunches of flowers.

I mean, that's nice, it's nice to get flowers but it just seems so not the point.  :blank:

Maybe all the female teachers should leave work an hour early just to highlight the 18% gender pay gap. Oh no but that wouldn't work would it because they all get paid exactly the same.  :rolleyes:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4435 on: March 08, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »

Ding ding ding! There it is!
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4436 on: March 08, 2017, 02:25:39 PM »

Right, I got the NHIC letter letting me know I can go to the doctors anytime this year for a stomach cancer scan.  Seems for some target age groups they are trying to catch things early.  The breast cancer scan thing is interesting as there is a lower incidence for Korean women living in Korea than if they were to move to Canada where their chances of getting breast cancer increases.
How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
Korea does seem to put a lot more stock in screening. Or at least from what I've seen.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4437 on: March 08, 2017, 02:30:02 PM »

How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
Korea does seem to put a lot more stock in screening. Or at least from what I've seen.

Very very late thirties  :wink:

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4438 on: March 08, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »

Maybe all the female teachers should leave work an hour early just to highlight the 18% gender pay gap. Oh no but that wouldn't work would it because they all get paid exactly the same.  :rolleyes:

I didn't say I disagree or agree with Women's day but I just feel if they are going to have a Women's day they should at least try to understand the original intent.

If you change Women's to Men's and flowers to toolkit I'd feel exactly the same.

It just feels a bit cheap :/

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4439 on: March 08, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
...I'll bet you're one of those people who think if you're a straight, white male, anytime you open your mouth it's mansplaining, and that we ruin everything.
Buckets are so unrefined. I prefer one of these:smiley:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:31:06 PM by kyndo »

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment