November 18, 2017, 11:50:15 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 563652 times)

Offline scpru

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4400 on: March 16, 2017, 03:38:53 PM »
Please don't explain American culture to me, Mr. Same Guy that Insulted My Parents. You said you've never been. You said you've only seen it on TV. Meanwhile I've lived there for all but one year of my life (this year in Korea), and I'm in contact with real Americans, not random Facebook scammers*, every day.

It's decided. This man needs to be a less frequent presence in my life. Time to grow distant slow enough that it's not immediately obvious that I don't like him.

*He keeps telling me about how the foreign women he talks to on Facebook all end up being scammers, idk.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:40:47 PM by scpru »

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4401 on: March 17, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
If anyone had told me all the teachers would be introducing themselves to the parents today in a big assembly I obviously wouldn't have dressed like it's a regular dress-down Friday.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #4402 on: March 17, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »
If anyone had told me all the teachers would be introducing themselves to the parents today in a big assembly I obviously wouldn't have dressed like it's a regular dress-down Friday.
I didn't do laundry one day so I wore my Sinsa-dong tailored suit to school. It was a coincidence that it was "Take a professional photo of the teachers together and separately day."

My Co-T didn't tell me and then was surprised that I knew somehow. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4403 on: March 17, 2017, 08:49:59 AM »
I didn't do laundry one day so I wore my Sinsa-dong tailored suit to school. It was a coincidence that it was "Take a professional photo of the teachers together and separately day."

My Co-T didn't tell me and then was surprised that I knew somehow.
It probably wasn't malicious, but that sounds so sneaky.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4404 on: March 17, 2017, 08:53:15 AM »

Sprint home and change.
By the time you get back, you'll look dapper and the pump from your sprint should still
be there ;D

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4405 on: March 17, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »
I never get notified of picture-anything day, either, and they always seem to surprise me on days where I've been up for,like, 48 hours straight and didn't bother to put on any makeup.

This is why I now keep an emergency makeup kit in my desk.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4406 on: March 17, 2017, 09:18:01 AM »
I never get notified of picture-anything day, either, and they always seem to surprise me on days where I've been up for,like, 48 hours straight and didn't bother to put on any makeup.

This is why I now keep an emergency makeup kit in my desk.
Haha, last year I had to have shoulder surgery. In between my accident and the surgery, I was (understandably, I think) looking pretty rough around the edges. I could barely dress myself and tie shoes, much less put on makeup. Of course, that was when they scheduled the picture day.

When the pictures came back, they had photo-shopped it so much, I didn't even look like the same person.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4407 on: March 17, 2017, 09:27:19 AM »
Haha, last year I had to have shoulder surgery. In between my accident and the surgery, I was (understandably, I think) looking pretty rough around the edges. I could barely dress myself and tie shoes, much less put on makeup. Of course, that was when they scheduled the picture day.

When the pictures came back, they had photo-shopped it so much, I didn't even look like the same person.

LMAO

I think the best they know how to do in my school is to turn you into a ghost. It's you if you were ethereally transparent.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4408 on: March 17, 2017, 09:31:28 AM »

LMAO

I think the best they know how to do in my school is to turn you into a ghost. It's you if you were ethereally transparent.

Yikes, makes me wonder what I looked like in last year's pictures.  I never saw them :S

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #4409 on: March 17, 2017, 09:32:37 AM »
LMAO

Some kids have two dads, some have two moms. And legend has it....... some even have trans-parent.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4410 on: March 17, 2017, 09:41:52 AM »

LMAO

Haha, I think I may have preferred that. The worst was the elongating of my neck.

@CO2  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4411 on: March 17, 2017, 10:27:58 AM »
That moment you delete your entire mp3 collection while trying to rename all the unknown titles. 

#mp3tag -read the instructions before use. Otherwise pretty good.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge!!  :sad:
Kor Share at jcink

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4412 on: March 17, 2017, 11:55:56 AM »
That moment you delete your entire mp3 collection while trying to rename all the unknown titles. 

I had a dream that my mom deleted everything off my ipod once and I was mad for like 3 days. I can't imagine actually losing all yous mp3s :C I'll have a moment of silence for your loss :C

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4413 on: March 17, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »

I had a dream that my mom deleted everything off my ipod once and I was mad for like 3 days. I can't imagine actually losing all yous mp3s :C I'll have a moment of silence for your loss :C
Luckily it wasn't too much, maybe 4 gbs. I'm half way to restoring it now and finding some new music to go along. Maybe it was a good thing.

Side note: Is there a secret when playing songs on shuffle to not hear all the same songs everytime?? Is it just me?

Happy Friday!
Kor Share at jcink

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4414 on: March 17, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4415 on: March 17, 2017, 12:47:55 PM »
This is crazy:

http://aqicn.org/map/#@g/36.7378/130.0781/7z

Getting worse in 'Murica, too:

http://aqicn.org/map/northamerica/#@g/31.5688/-107.2266/3z
It's been getting worse all week here. I was going to walk around Hwaseong Fortress on Sunday, but if the smog doesn't clear then forget it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4416 on: March 17, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
My after school class starts on Monday and I haven't prepared anything, I'm not super organized so I'm more angry at myself for not thinking about it sooner.

Let's make name cards and play pass the ball for 2 hours ~~ Yay!

I've never had after school with 3-4th grades before so I really have no idea.

For those of you who know WaitButWhy http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html I'm deep deep in that dark playground and the panic monster is yet to show up.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4417 on: March 17, 2017, 01:44:55 PM »
My after school class starts on Monday and I haven't prepared anything, I'm not super organized so I'm more angry at myself for not thinking about it sooner.

Let's make name cards and play pass the ball for 2 hours ~~ Yay!

I've never had after school with 3-4th grades before so I really have no idea.

For those of you who know WaitButWhy http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html I'm deep deep in that dark playground and the panic monster is yet to show up.

This guy did a TED Talk. I think TED Talks are usually dumb, and his was also kind of dumb, because there's literally only so much you can fit into a 5 minute talk on something, but he was a very engaging speaker, and his graphics of the panic monster and the monkey were fantastic.

Also, I am in a constant state of procrastination and the panic monster never sets in and I just never get anything done, ever.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4418 on: March 17, 2017, 01:45:37 PM »
It's been getting worse all week here. I was going to walk around Hwaseong Fortress on Sunday, but if the smog doesn't clear then forget it.

Saw this in today's paper:

Most of Korea's electricity is generated from coal and other fossil fuels, and pressure is growing against consuming fossil fuels in the face of climate change.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2017/03/371_225852.html

Korea's receiving pressure from outside countries. Will this cause a change? I hope so.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4419 on: March 17, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
I need a cookie when I get home.

Some kids have two dads, some have two moms. And legend has it....... some even have trans-parent.

Yes, it's a rather transforming experience.