September 27, 2017, 03:25:13 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 492530 times)

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4340 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:58 AM »
The teacher who was supposed to be teaching camp with me isn't coming in (she's just "cashing in" all of her remaining sick days).

She's leaving at the end of the month so I suppose she doesn't care.  Can't blame her really but did no one foresee that she would do this?

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4341 on: February 16, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »
This trash printer might have finally just died. That would be great if I weren't trying to print this movie ticket. Guess I'll try and print it at the cinema; hopefully I can figure it out.  :P Maybe the school will finally replace this ancient behemoth with one that will print without jamming every three pages.

It genuinely blows my mind how budgets are allocated sometimes. The amount of peripheral teaching materials of dubious actual use that are bought is astonishing, and then essentials like printers are completely neglected.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4342 on: February 16, 2017, 09:55:39 AM »
The teacher who was supposed to be teaching camp with me isn't coming in (she's just "cashing in" all of her remaining sick days).

She's leaving at the end of the month so I suppose she doesn't care.  Can't blame her really but did no one foresee that she would do this?

Are you public school? Seems weird they bring in another foreign teacher.

Anyway that sucks for you though, kinda selfish of her even if she is leaving.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4343 on: February 16, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »

Ah sorry I wasn't clear, yes public school but it's a Korean contract teacher who was down to do the camp with me.  My school hasn't renewed her contract so this camp should have been the last thing she had to do before leaving.

It's frustrating because it's always the same.  Teachers are on the plan to do the camp but always seem to be able to wriggle out of it and not bother coming so I'm left to do everything alone. 

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4344 on: February 16, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »

Ah sorry I wasn't clear, yes public school but it's a Korean contract teacher who was down to do the camp with me.  My school hasn't renewed her contract so this camp should have been the last thing she had to do before leaving.

It's frustrating because it's always the same.  Teachers are on the plan to do the camp but always seem to be able to wriggle out of it and not bother coming so I'm left to do everything alone.

Yeah - it happens a lot. I make sure that all the camp stuff I do is doable by myself, in the likely chance someone bails or flakes out.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4345 on: February 16, 2017, 10:15:28 AM »
It genuinely blows my mind how budgets are allocated sometimes. The amount of peripheral teaching materials of dubious actual use that are bought is astonishing, and then essentials like printers are completely neglected.

My 'new' computer at work is a real piece of, well, work. It's got a 2-year-old i5-6600, which is great! Unfortunately, they've seen fit to cripple it with a mere 2gb of RAM. Sigh.

I think I've got a couple 4gb sticks in the shed somewhere. If there were any reassurance they wouldn't disappear into someone-more-important-than-me's computer when I'm not looking, I might even stick em in.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4346 on: February 16, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »

My 'new' computer at work is a real piece of, well, work. It's got a 2-year-old i5-6600, which is great! Unfortunately, they've seen fit to cripple it with a mere 2gb of RAM. Sigh.

I think I've got a couple 4gb sticks in the shed somewhere. If there were any reassurance they wouldn't disappear into someone-more-important-than-me's computer when I'm not looking, I might even stick em in.

I mean, RAM is cheap-as-free. I'd do it anyways.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4347 on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »

I mean, RAM is cheap-as-free. I'd do it anyways.

And you can always take it with you later.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #4348 on: February 16, 2017, 11:13:03 AM »
My computer in the main office was broken... pretty sure the power source and for sure the RAM. They replaced the ram with 1GB :shocked:..... 3 min to open PPT... thanks! Whole comp still crashes.
But I get to be out of the office and in the English room :)

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4349 on: February 16, 2017, 11:51:02 AM »
This trash printer might have finally just died. That would be great if I weren't trying to print this movie ticket. Guess I'll try and print it at the cinema; hopefully I can figure it out.  :P Maybe the school will finally replace this ancient behemoth with one that will print without jamming every three pages.

I have a really, really nice touch screen white board thingy in all of my classrooms. (I forget the brand name.) We are not allowed to use them.

We haven't had coloured ink since partway through my first year here (3 years ago) since the school doesn't have enough money.

But we did re-do the English classrooms! And kept the electric whiteboard thingy!

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4350 on: February 16, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »

My old computer was put together before I started high school... Best excuse to bring and use my laptop.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4351 on: February 16, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »

I have a really, really nice touch screen white board thingy in all of my classrooms. (I forget the brand name.) We are not allowed to use them.

We haven't had coloured ink since partway through my first year here (3 years ago) since the school doesn't have enough money.

But we did re-do the English classrooms! And kept the electric whiteboard thingy!

*ink of colour
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4352 on: February 17, 2017, 10:05:05 AM »
Thought yesterday was my last day of school before I leave Korea. Yesterday a teacher told me that there was no school today. Students came to my class for good byes and photos and everything.

HOWEVER, this morning I get a message from a teacher waiting outside my home to give me a lift to school...

Now here I am at @^@$^&@#$^ing school for 9 hours doing $W@#%#$^#$ing nothing. Didn't have time to shower or brush my teeth. Feel like strangling the teacher  :evil: :evil: :evil:.

Can't wait to be at my new school in China.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4353 on: February 17, 2017, 10:40:37 AM »
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Why don't Koreans use garbage can liners/trash bags to line the garbage cans?

We are cleaning the school today, and all of the garbage cans are disgusting...

The water outside is shut off, as it is winter (winterization), so...

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4354 on: February 17, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Especially the TP bins in the bathroom! The TP gets emptied, but the bin is still nasty.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4355 on: February 17, 2017, 12:03:49 PM »
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Especially the TP bins in the bathroom! The TP gets emptied, but the bin is still nasty.

Find it strange how they're not bothered by shit/urine-stained bins. Dx

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4356 on: February 17, 2017, 02:34:06 PM »
They just threw away literally hundreds of unused text books because the government changed a few pages. They have to buy updated ones so the old ones are going to be destroyed. I can't believe how wasteful that is or imagine how much money that costs.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #4357 on: February 17, 2017, 02:41:09 PM »
They just threw away literally hundreds of unused text books because the government changed a few pages. They have to buy updated ones so the old ones are going to be destroyed. I can't believe how wasteful that is or imagine how much money that costs.

Same happened at my school. I think I saw a dump truck worth.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. ďMan, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.Ē
-AP

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4358 on: February 17, 2017, 03:11:20 PM »

You seem to be under the impression that the school has a tally of how many students it has, and how many will be registered for next year. You fool.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4359 on: February 17, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
I do not like Windows 10. I wish my school computer had never been updated.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment