September 25, 2017, 07:05:08 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 490426 times)

Offline kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4320 on: February 13, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »
So I am a big guy (3xl shirts). Finding my size in Korea, especially with how remote I live, is next to impossible. However today my coteacher tells me (After mentioning my recontraction tomorrow) that in the new year I should get my parents to send me new clothing. I am like..... I have tried, they have yet to even send me my birthday present from last year.

Does anyone know where to get clothes in fat people sizes?

Just saw ASOS are launching a plus size line for men, would be worth checking that out if you don't mind online shopping. I buy from them regularly and have no complaints :) they also often have discount codes on Korean "holidays" like White Day or Peppero Day.

Offline DaStrongOne

• Adventurer
« Reply #4321 on: February 13, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
So I am a big guy (3xl shirts). Finding my size in Korea, especially with how remote I live, is next to impossible. However today my coteacher tells me (After mentioning my recontraction tomorrow) that in the new year I should get my parents to send me new clothing. I am like..... I have tried, they have yet to even send me my birthday present from last year.

My city has an American Premium Outlet. I'd recommend trying to find the nearest one to you.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4322 on: February 13, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »
How do people spend more than two minutes on the job board on Dave's?  It looks like a Myspace page from the early 2000s crossed with emails you find in your spam mailbox.

@@@###FaNTAstic Opp0rtunitIES$$£££APPly NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@

Is this really the best place to look for jobs in Korea?   :huh:

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4323 on: February 13, 2017, 12:47:47 PM »
How do people spend more than two minutes on the job board on Dave's?  It looks like a Myspace page from the early 2000s crossed with emails you find in your spam mailbox.

The closer it gets to the day you need a job by, the better the sketchy postings start to look.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4324 on: February 13, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »

If you go to Itaewon and arrive via the subway exit that comes out right by Taco Bell, just turn left and walk down the main road. There are several stores that carry (or even specialize in) plus size clothing. They might have signs in English saying so, but you can also keep an eye out for the Korean "큰옷" (keun ot), which means "big clothes."

Here's an example of a sign:

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4325 on: February 13, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »
I always wondered about these stores, are they actually any good?

Online is the way to go, loads of places deliver here now. Its just a shame about the import limit  :sad: I always have to split my orders.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:48:32 PM by Pennypie »

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4326 on: February 13, 2017, 01:52:41 PM »

Yes, when did it become acceptable to describe teaching Engish positions as 'hot.'?

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4327 on: February 13, 2017, 01:58:52 PM »
I always wondered about these stores, are they actually any good?

Online is the way to go, loads of places deliver here now. Its just a shame about the import limit  :sad: I always have to split my orders.

The quality seems to vary. I'm no fashionista, so I know f*ck all about brands, but there was a decent range of prices at the shops I walked in to. I ended up getting cheap stuff, which I regretted less than a year later when it started to fall apart  :laugh:.

I don't like online shopping for clothes unless it's a brand, style, and cut that i know for a fact will fit me. I much prefer to be able to try stuff on first. I only go home once every 2.5 years, apparently, but every time I do, I go on a huge clothes shopping spree so I'll have stuff to last until the next time I go, haha.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4328 on: February 13, 2017, 02:10:47 PM »

Yes, when did it become acceptable to describe teaching Engish positions as 'hot.'?

In Korea, there is...

Hot...

and hot...

All Korean jobs fall in the latter.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4329 on: February 14, 2017, 12:46:02 PM »

Offline kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
« Reply #4330 on: February 14, 2017, 01:37:24 PM »
Doing some online window shopping, sort of looking for new Jeans and I'm horrified by what's "fashionable" these days.

http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-authentic-straight-leg-jeans-in-james-wash-with-fringe-hem/prd/7006082?iid=7006082&clr=Jamesdarkwash&SearchQuery=&cid=17014&pgesize=36&pge=14&totalstyles=669&gridsize=4&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=4

Who would wear that?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I've been seeing a lot of hideous jeans recently, not quite as bad as those but still cropped and....fringed? The ladies of Dongdaemun are wearing them despite it being below zero most of the time.  :huh: I really don't get it at all.
Also, the cold-shoulder top trend must die. Not only is it fugly, but totally inappropriate for work in Korea. Asos, get your sh*t together!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4331 on: February 15, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »
Doing some online window shopping, sort of looking for new Jeans and I'm horrified by what's "fashionable" these days.

http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-authentic-straight-leg-jeans-in-james-wash-with-fringe-hem/prd/7006082?iid=7006082&clr=Jamesdarkwash&SearchQuery=&cid=17014&pgesize=36&pge=14&totalstyles=669&gridsize=4&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=4

Who would wear that?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I've been seeing a lot of hideous jeans recently, not quite as bad as those but still cropped and....fringed? The ladies of Dongdaemun are wearing them despite it being below zero most of the time.  :huh: I really don't get it at all.
Also, the cold-shoulder top trend must die. Not only is it fugly, but totally inappropriate for work in Korea. Asos, get your sh*t together!

Yes, its awful! There are so many horrible trends right now, why have the 90s come back around? Dresses and jeans again?  :huh: :huh:

I'm in such a flump today. Students and Teachers are still here but no classes so it's a deskwarming day without the freedom to just put my feet up and go to sleep or disappear for an hour at lunch!

I can't concentrate on anything or follow though on old tasks, I'm bored but also not bored enough to do anything about my boredom!  >:(

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4332 on: February 15, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
Fashion always recycles. xD They might add a twist here and there, but a lot of fashion is about doing what's been done already, sometimes with the only difference being in the colors or type of fabrics used.

I agree, though, some things need to remain in the past. Jeans shouldn't look like granny panties on top.

I'm sleepy today, so I can't focus on work. At all.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4333 on: February 15, 2017, 12:47:18 PM »
Fashion always recycles. xD They might add a twist here and there, but a lot of fashion is about doing what's been done already, sometimes with the only difference being in the colors or type of fabrics used.

I agree, though, some things need to remain in the past. Jeans shouldn't look like granny panties on top.

I'm sleepy today, so I can't focus on work. At all.

I'm insanely distracted today, too. It's annoying.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4334 on: February 15, 2017, 03:12:59 PM »
One of the teachers in my school is retiring so they're having a big goodbye meal tonight at some a wedding hall/plaza place. Its to say goodbye to all the other teachers who are leaving too, including me. It's 33,000 each so I'm hoping it'll be nice.

Anyway the retiring teacher decided to buy every teacher in the school a present, nothing fancy, it's an umbrella.
but do i get one? ......Of course not.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4335 on: February 15, 2017, 03:36:24 PM »
Pennypie, I have 18 umbrellas and counting.

You are welcome to one of mine.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4336 on: February 15, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
Hhaha thanks Pecan!

Are they weird fake burberry pattern ones too? I like the ajeossi style  :cheesy:

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4337 on: February 15, 2017, 03:54:53 PM »
but do i get one? ......Of course not.

Brits don't need umbrellas, they're for jessies.

Over the years, I always got a box with one of those small towels in, when there was some special event on.  As I didn't think I'd be here that long, I kept all of them in my 'stuff to go home' box.  When I started dating my wife, she looked in the box and found twenty-five 'fashion' towels, which are now used in our bathrooms.  What a waste of shipping space dunderhead :-[

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4338 on: February 15, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »
Half are shorties, while the rest are "golf" style or disposable.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4339 on: February 15, 2017, 05:23:28 PM »
This trash printer might have finally just died. That would be great if I weren't trying to print this movie ticket. Guess I'll try and print it at the cinema; hopefully I can figure it out.  :P Maybe the school will finally replace this ancient behemoth with one that will print without jamming every three pages.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment